collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Transformers Collecting  (Read 11796 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers Collecting
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 08:24:58 AM »
I don't actively collect anymore but I used to collect a ton! Eventually it became too much for me and I sold most of my collection to some guy at a comic-con for $50. Selling online was too much of a pain and at least I made someone pretty happy that day. After that I decided I'd only collect female robots because that narrows it down quite a bit.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Arcee's get their own shelf.
Left to right: Generations, Iron Factory, Binaltech, Q-formers, TFP 1st edition, Energon, Takara TFA

Here's the rest.
Left to right: TFCC Airazor, Beast Wars Airazor, Quickshadow, Minerva figure, Chromia, Override, Rosanna, Solus Prime, Gliph, Slash, Road Rage, Slipsteam, Strongarm

Love that Solus Prime! I am with you, Stellaluna,  "it narrows it down" xD
Plus, fembots need support. No pun intended.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:31:28 AM by Zapper »

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »
Thanks guys!

StayGoldPonyboy, (love that name!) I actually do plan on getting Nautica and Windblade, but so far I'm kinda unimpressed with the ones that currently exist. Windblade started off ugly as heck in the Generations line, but she's steadily getting better as they come out with more versions of her. So far the Cyberverse one is pretty ok. Hasbro's pretty lazy with paint applications ever since Generations ended, so if there's a Takara version I might get that.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »
One thing that always bothers me is how lazy Hasbro can get not only with paint apps but also with design accuracy. How hard must it be to switch out two colors? That's why I used to pre-order the Takaras, because the Hasbro ones just had the plastic colors switched for no reason.

I was honestly mad they released the insecticon Kickback twice, both times with yellow tinted wings... so my trio is still incomplete unless I find the Takara one. Kickback's wings are not supposed to be piss colored :lol:

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
One thing that always bothers me is how lazy Hasbro can get not only with paint apps but also with design accuracy. How hard must it be to switch out two colors? That's why I used to pre-order the Takaras, because the Hasbro ones just had the plastic colors switched for no reason.

I was honestly mad they released the insecticon Kickback twice, both times with yellow tinted wings... so my trio is still incomplete unless I find the Takara one. Kickback's wings are not supposed to be piss colored :lol:

Yeah most of the ones on my want list are third party haha, hasbro just doesn’t make quality tf figures anymore  -_-

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
Yeah most of the ones on my want list are third party haha, hasbro just doesn’t make quality tf figures anymore  -_-
Unless ya count the masterpiece Beast Wars throwbacks they came out with lately. I only know of Cheetor and Dinobot but they're niiiiice. Still, quite pricey.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
I am shocked we have a TF thread and even discussed Knock Out and yet Lady Moondancer did not receive the signal.
I imagine her having 20 Starscreams :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 08:03:13 AM »
I am shocked we have a TF thread and even discussed Knock Out and yet Lady Moondancer did not receive the signal.

YOU CALLED?  :lol:

I have soooo many Starscreams!  The latest one I got is a tiny keychain G1 Starscream, he is my small angry son.  :P

My favorite Transformers is KNOCK OUT and I dream of the day a third party manufacturer does him justice . . .

SO, funny story!   I went to TF Con and Daran Norris was there (Knock Out's voice actor).  Of course I was going to get his autograph.  Two autographs, actually.

First I gave him my MOC Dark Energon Knock Out (the neon green one) to sign.  He said, "Wow, I haven't seen this one before" and I said "It's the version that's on drugs . . . can you sign something about drugs?" and he wrote "Aim high." :P

Second, I gave him a birthday card one of my friends had made me, that had Knock Out on the front . . . kind of . . .

So I hand this to Daran Norris and he starts laughing, takes out his phone, takes a picture of it, signs it, and takes a picture of it AGAIN.  Also I want everyone to know that "Big Love" was his idea.  :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:15:36 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 09:40:13 AM »
L M A O  :lol:

I sometimes miss the TF fandom's shenanigans. But then I remind myself how horrid the other side of fandom can be and I just recoil again and sit in my room alone with my Jetfire and Starscream like so.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 10:39:47 AM »
LadyMoondancer: I think I have found a kindred spirit! :tackleglomp: *Points to stacks of boxes containing Starscreams that wouldn’t fit on the Starscream shelf.* Yes, of course I have a Starscream shelf. Doesn’t everyone? :blink: I would also have a Knock Out shelf, but they really haven’t given him enough merch yet. T_T Come on, Hasbro!

That birthday card (and the attached story) is... just the best. XD

L M A O  :lol:

I sometimes miss the TF fandom's shenanigans. But then I remind myself how horrid the other side of fandom can be and I just recoil again and sit in my room alone with my Jetfire and Starscream like so.

...And apparently another kindred spirit! :haha:

Yeah, I do that too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:51:42 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 10:50:35 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 11:00:20 AM »
I just wanted to post a collection photo but my TFs are all stored in various boxes, in various houses. So I'll share a bunch of my photography:

Those are great shots! How did you make Skyfire look so “frosty” in that first pic? I’m probably going to feel really dense when you tell me, lol.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
I just wanted to post a collection photo but my TFs are all stored in various boxes, in various houses. So I'll share a bunch of my photography:

Those are great shots! How did you make Skyfire look so “frosty” in that first pic? I’m probably going to feel really dense when you tell me, lol.

I put a plastic bag for frozen food over him. Crumpled it up a little for effect.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 11:11:51 AM »

I put a plastic bag for frozen food over him. Crumpled it up a little for effect.

Wow, that’s all? I thought there was a fogging/frosting effect going on in the upper left corner, but I guess that’s the light reflecting off of the plastic. Great effect, in any case!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »
Clever photo effect Zapper!

I got a botbots pack with Pink Key Pop, Sprinkleberry D'uhball, Clixx, Steve From Accounting and Bottocorrect. My daughter got most of them, I kept the Keytar.

I also snagged Seige Thundercracker! I can't wait for him to get here!

Post Merge: July 17, 2019, 07:00:59 PM

YOU CALLED?  :lol:

I have soooo many Starscreams!  The latest one I got is a tiny keychain G1 Starscream, he is my small angry son.  :P

My favorite Transformers is KNOCK OUT and I dream of the day a third party manufacturer does him justice . . .

SO, funny story!   I went to TF Con and Daran Norris was there (Knock Out's voice actor).  Of course I was going to get his autograph.  Two autographs, actually.

First I gave him my MOC Dark Energon Knock Out (the neon green one) to sign.  He said, "Wow, I haven't seen this one before" and I said "It's the version that's on drugs . . . can you sign something about drugs?" and he wrote "Aim high." :P

Second, I gave him a birthday card one of my friends had made me, that had Knock Out on the front . . . kind of . . .

So I hand this to Daran Norris and he starts laughing, takes out his phone, takes a picture of it, signs it, and takes a picture of it AGAIN.  Also I want everyone to know that "Big Love" was his idea.  :P

That conversation between you two is priceless! :lmao: Glad he has a sense of humor.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:02:22 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2019, 07:31:23 AM »
Did you guys see the Boxed Set of WFC Reflector in G1 colors!?!!?
I had the preorder in my cart—— but i JUST got 3 of the plain ones... so i couldn’t do it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal