collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Transformers Collecting  (Read 11795 times)

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Transformers Collecting
« on: May 02, 2019, 05:05:07 AM »
(I’m still new let me know if this isn’t allowed/theres an existing non-botbots thread I missed) I was wondering if anyone else on here collects Transformers as well! I would love to discuss it with others, Hasbro seems to own most of the things I am interested in collecting haha. I will find a way to attach images of my small but growing collection soon!

What are your dream figs, whats your favorite toy series, etc?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers Collecting
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:10 AM »
Yup, there are several here who do. I do. I find that people who are fond of one Hasbro brand, are often fond of another. I enjoyed watching the original cartoon, but was told TFs were for boys and didn't own any. Though I played with my cousin's Optimus Prime. I decided to remedy that as an adult.

At present, I own:

Decepticons:
FOC Ratbat
*Generations Skywarp
*Generations? Acid Storm
*HM Soundwave
*1-Step RiD15 Thunderhoof
McDonalds Fracture
*TW Starscream
CW Blast Off
*G1 Mixmaster
*TR Astrotrain
Energon Slugslinger
*Custom RiD15 McDonalds Nemesis Prime
*TR Octane
*PotP Cutthroat
*CV Shockwave
CV Slipstream
TW Megatron

Autobots:
*Rescue Bots Optimus Prime
CW Fireflight
Rescue Bots High Tide
*Rescue Bots Boulder
*Generations Windblade
*CW Sunstreaker
*RiD15 Ratchet
Rescue Bots Blurr
RiD15 Blastwave
Rescue Bots Quickshadow
TR Cosmos
TR Seaspray
Rescue Bots Brushfire
*Movieverse TLK Steelbane
*PotP Swoop
*PotP Jazz
*PotP Moonracer
*PotP Sludge
PotP Snarl
PotP Grimlock
*Seige Sideswipe
35th repro Bumblebee

Botbots:
*Slaphappy
Cranks
*Fit Ness Monster
*Kidd Clobber
*Arctic Guzzlerush
S.A. Cheez
Poo Sham
*Remorsel
Waddle Pop
Nail Byter
Twerple Bubble

The stars indicate my favorite figs.

For Cyberverse I want Prowl
Shadowstriker
the larger Slipstream
Gnaw.

For Seige I want
Reflektor
Hound
Barricade
Thundercracker
Starscream
Skywarp
Skyfire
Greenlight.

For movieverse I want Bumblebee movie
Blitzwing
 Optimus Prime
 Shatter without that awful battlemask.

For Botbots I want
Goob Toob
Fomo
Grit Sandwood
Cuddletooth
Shredder Jack
Duderoni
Dumbeats
Pink Key Pop
The red greaser looking dude
Grampiano
Calamity Keys
Prince Perfumus
The Arcade Renegades
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 07:54:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »
I have a fairly sizable TF collection, ranging across pretty much all generations/series. :) I’ve come to love every mainline series (cartoons and comics both) in its own way, though I have soft spot for Beast Wars/Machines, since that’s what I grew up with.

Here’s a quick shot I took of my Blackarachnia army:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...I really need to dust my shelves again, haha. I have a Starscream army as well that is, alas, largely in storage ATM.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:40 AM »
Nemesis, love your spidergirls!!!
I am still after a Beast Machines BA because she looks so much like an alien woman. I only have the TFA one.

So yeah, I obviously own some TFs. I stopped collecting for years. I am still getting a TF if I can find one for a reasonable price but I am no longer part of the active fandom or collector community.
I focus on female TFs and my all time faves. I used to be a TFA completionist but I sold off almost all of them (save for my ultimate faves).

I have a wild mix of generations and lines. My faves include RiD Railracer, complete with Japanese manuals. Love him to death. Although he is horrific when it comes to posing. That big rack just weighs him down.

Also have a couple of Takaras I love; especially Prime Breakdown, G1 Jetfire, G1 Chromia with the lavender accents and blue eyes- and the metallic Slipstream that was based on the Windblade mold. Love my gang!

TFs are just too expensive these days. I fondly remember TFA days when a toy like Blurr or Jazz was 10 a pop and now the same size/transformation class is 22 €  :lookround:

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »
Nemesis, love your spidergirls!!!
I am still after a Beast Machines BA because she looks so much like an alien woman. I only have the TFA one.

Also have a couple of Takaras I love; especially Prime Breakdown, G1 Jetfire, G1 Chromia with the lavender accents and blue eyes- and the metallic Slipstream that was based on the Windblade mold. Love my gang!

We have a lot of shared favorites! :D You can see my Prime Slipstream (Starscream mold) peeking out from behind TFA Blackarachnia in my photo, haha. You’re so lucky to have a Prime Breakdown! I never managed to get my hands on one. T_T

I think Beast Machines BA can still be found for a pretty reasonable price. :) I agree that she has a very striking design; in fact, her design was what first got my attention as a kid, seeing a commercial for the show. So really, I have her to thank for my entire TF obsession, lol.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 10:30:56 AM »
I collect Transformers Animated!

and lots of Combiner Wars because i love that gimmick.

I like a lot of TF Prime but mostly just Wheeljack.

I’ve preordered Omega Supreme... he’s going to be the largest toy i’ve Ever..Owned!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
I collect Transformers Animated!

and lots of Combiner Wars because i love that gimmick.

I like a lot of TF Prime but mostly just Wheeljack.

I’ve preordered Omega Supreme... he’s going to be the largest toy i’ve Ever..Owned!

Hoooo Omega Supreme is a big lad.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »

We have a lot of shared favorites! :D You can see my Prime Slipstream (Starscream mold) peeking out from behind TFA Blackarachnia in my photo, haha. You’re so lucky to have a Prime Breakdown! I never managed to get my hands on one. T_T

I think Beast Machines BA can still be found for a pretty reasonable price. :) I agree that she has a very striking design; in fact, her design was what first got my attention as a kid, seeing a commercial for the show. So really, I have her to thank for my entire TF obsession, lol.

I would have gotten the TFP Slipstream but she was hard to get and then the Windblade one came out and I pre-ordered right away. She is one of my favorite characters and also favorite figures. I love the smirk on her face!

Beast Machines seems kinda hated but I got into Transformers via Beast Wars as a kid in the 90s so I will always enjoy beastly TFs. The translucent BA with green speckles on her legs is the one I want most :blush:

I was just super lucky to get Breakdown back in the day because an online store stocked him. I did not dare to put on the stickers. He became sought after real quick, especially when the character left the show, and I got scared to even transform him anymore :lol:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »
I'm a transformer collector too!  Currently making payments on my Gamestop Ghostbusters Transformer due out in June or July.
I'm mainly a G1 fan though Animated won me over too, and I fell in love with it.  From the Prime series I like Knock Out, the decepticon medic/scientist.  Would love for him to become a regular.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 10:14:26 AM »
From the Prime series I like Knock Out, the decepticon medic/scientist.  Would love for him to become a regular.

KO was such an ugly toy. I was surprised because he was so popular amongst the fans I thought they'd do a better job with him. I wanted to get him originally to accompany my Breakdown but he was just too weird looking.
I ended up getting Airachnid because she was cheap and since the toy can't pose well I sat her on his shoulder and they match perfectly size-wise.

I feel like Prime figures looked really cool and screen accurate except for that Knock Out :lol:

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 12:00:28 PM »
I feel like Prime figures looked really cool and screen accurate except for that Knock Out :lol:

Part of the issue with Knock Out is that the instructions included with the toy actually have no idea what they’re talking about. :facepalm: There are some videos floating around the net that show how to finish transforming him CORRECTLY, which makes the figure look way better, IMO.

That said, I’m a huge Knock Out fangirl, so I might be biased... Love is blind. :P

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »

Part of the issue with Knock Out is that the instructions included with the toy actually have no idea what they’re talking about. :facepalm: There are some videos floating around the net that show how to finish transforming him CORRECTLY, which makes the figure look way better, IMO.

That said, I’m a huge Knock Out fangirl, so I might be biased... Love is blind. :P

Lol, so they basically made the toy look weird on purpose? Granted, I don't think the proper transformation can give him better thighs :P The fig is top heavy in a bad way to me (Breakdown in a good way because he does not look like he skipped leg day) . I do like the Bloody Knockout color scheme, tho!

I am very shallow when it comes to TFs, I guess. If I don't like the robot design I won't get it. Even if it's my favorite character or has a cool alt.

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »
I don't actively collect anymore but I used to collect a ton! Eventually it became too much for me and I sold most of my collection to some guy at a comic-con for $50. Selling online was too much of a pain and at least I made someone pretty happy that day. After that I decided I'd only collect female robots because that narrows it down quite a bit.

My Arcee's get their own shelf.
Left to right: Generations, Iron Factory, Binaltech, Q-formers, TFP 1st edition, Energon, Takara TFA

Here's the rest.
Left to right: TFCC Airazor, Beast Wars Airazor, Quickshadow, Minerva figure, Chromia, Override, Rosanna, Solus Prime, Gliph, Slash, Road Rage, Slipsteam, Strongarm

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »
Wow Stellaluna, I love your girls!

I have a handful G1 transformers. I keep them for the memories.  I recently bought a masterpiece Prowl and would love more masterpiece transformers.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 10:18:21 PM »
Yup, there are several here who do. I do. I find that people who are fond of one Hasbro brand, are often fond of another. I enjoyed watching the original cartoon, but was told TFs were for boys and didn't own any. Though I played with my cousin's Optimus Prime. I decided to remedy that as an adult.

At present, I own:

Decepticons:
FOC Ratbat
*Generations Skywarp
*Generations? Acid Storm
*HM Soundwave
*1-Step RiD15 Thunderhoof
McDonalds Fracture
*TW Starscream
CW Blast Off
*G1 Mixmaster
*TR Astrotrain
Energon Slugslinger
*Custom RiD15 McDonalds Nemesis Prime
*TR Octane
*PotP Cutthroat
*CV Shockwave
CV Slipstream
TW Megatron

Autobots:
*Rescue Bots Optimus Prime
CW Fireflight
Rescue Bots High Tide
*Rescue Bots Boulder
*Generations Windblade
*CW Sunstreaker
*RiD15 Ratchet
Rescue Bots Blurr
RiD15 Blastwave
Rescue Bots Quickshadow
TR Cosmos
TR Seaspray
Rescue Bots Brushfire
*Movieverse TLK Steelbane
*PotP Swoop
*PotP Jazz
*PotP Moonracer
*PotP Sludge
PotP Snarl
PotP Grimlock
*Seige Sideswipe
35th repro Bumblebee

Botbots:
*Slaphappy
Cranks
*Fit Ness Monster
*Kidd Clobber
*Arctic Guzzlerush
S.A. Cheez
Poo Sham
*Remorsel
Waddle Pop
Nail Byter
Twerple Bubble

The stars indicate my favorite figs.

For Cyberverse I want Prowl
Shadowstriker
the larger Slipstream
Gnaw.

For Seige I want
Reflektor
Hound
Barricade
Thundercracker
Starscream
Skywarp
Skyfire
Greenlight.

For movieverse I want Bumblebee movie
Blitzwing
 Optimus Prime
 Shatter without that awful battlemask.

For Botbots I want
Goob Toob
Fomo
Grit Sandwood
Cuddletooth
Shredder Jack
Duderoni
Dumbeats
Pink Key Pop
The red greaser looking dude
Grampiano
Calamity Keys
Prince Perfumus
The Arcade Renegades

Quite the impressive collection my dude! That’s awesome

Post Merge: May 07, 2019, 10:19:57 PM

I don't actively collect anymore but I used to collect a ton! Eventually it became too much for me and I sold most of my collection to some guy at a comic-con for $50. Selling online was too much of a pain and at least I made someone pretty happy that day. After that I decided I'd only collect female robots because that narrows it down quite a bit.

My Arcee's get their own shelf.
Left to right: Generations, Iron Factory, Binaltech, Q-formers, TFP 1st edition, Energon, Takara TFA

Here's the rest.
Left to right: TFCC Airazor, Beast Wars Airazor, Quickshadow, Minerva figure, Chromia, Override, Rosanna, Solus Prime, Gliph, Slash, Road Rage, Slipsteam, Strongarm
Forgive me if I missed them in the image, but are you planning on obtaining Windblade and Nautica as well? I LOVE your collection :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:19:57 PM by StayGoldPonyboy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal