collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Petite Ponies commercial  (Read 611 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
MLP Petite Ponies commercial
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:02:48 AM »
Hi,

While I was looking for Dream Beauties ads on Youtube I found one for the petite ponies. It's not in English (It might be in Spanish?" but it's still fun and I don't think many Petite Pony ads survive? I love seeing the shops in the ad too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtBpiKkjRxk

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: MLP Petite Ponies commercial
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 07:43:11 AM »
I think it's Portuguese?

...The interesting thing is that the playset petites have moulded tails, even though in Europe we didn't have them with moulded tails...so probably the visual is from the US ad? The playsets are certainly in English so I would guess so?

I think maybe in the US the two with the castle had brushy tails but not the others?

These are the brushy tail ones...

Not a complete picture, I know Misty at least is missing from it. I think she's in the same pose as Flurry.

Were those ever sold in the US too? I think I heard once that some were? Like brushy tails were some kind of 2nd edition petite release or something, and we got them because of being a bit behind the US?

I remember being really surprised when Topper turned out to be a pegasus...as petite ponies appeared in the comics and when they did, they usually looked like the US promotional images xD.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:46:48 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:56 AM »
Not too long ago I found a clip of another Petite Pony ad in a Youtube video but I can't seem to find it now. It was just a very short clip of the either the castle or the carousel and said "Petite Ponies" I think that clip might have been in French.

I also think that this ad uses the visual from the US. My childhood Flurry is a molded tail as was my friend's Puddles. I remember being slightly jealous that Puddles was in a rearing pose and most of my petites were in the same pose. Molded tail Topper is an Earth pony instead of a pegasus but I think all the other brushy tails stayed the same species? Was Topper an Earth pony in the comics?

I suspect that the brushy tails were sold in the US after the molded tails that Habsro made were used up epesically since the brushable tails came out after molded tails. :) I think one thing  that makes pinpointing their release in the US  hard is Hasbro never updated the box art so all of the boxes still show molded tail versions.

I love seeing all of those Petites together. :) I should look in to trying to get more Petites in my collection.

Edit: I just looked at some boxes and pamphlets and the backcard for the earliest Petite Pony sets shows completely different ponies coming with the house and some of the shops.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:35:50 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure Floater has wings in the comic, and Topper doesn't. But I am not sure how much Floater appears.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »
Do you have pics of Topper from the comics?

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal