collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Herd: G1, G2, G3, G4, & many more!  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Bluebook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
My Little Herd: G1, G2, G3, G4, & many more!
« on: April 19, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »
Ok so, I have a good amount of ponies, and I'd like to introduce them all to you! I took a lot of pictures, apologies for some of the long shadows, it's a typically rainy day where I live. I'll be posting this brag in a couple of parts, too, so we don't all go mad going through the collection.

So starting out from left to right in my room, I have a newly installed display shelf, where I keep all my treasures of generations past, won mainly through thrifting a lovingly... well cleaned up at least, my G1s really need work, poor old gals, though as a historian I try to be very conservative with any restoration. Above that are some existing displays where many of my G4 plushies live...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: April 19, 2019, 05:08:50 PM

Will come back sometime later, for some reason I can't seem to get the images to play nice...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:29:46 PM by Bluebook »

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Herd: G1, G2, G3, G4, & many more!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 09:30:44 AM »
For photos, they need to be hosted on a website like Flickr, Imgur, or Photobucket. Then you can use BBCode to link them on the Arena :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Bluebook

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »
Ah, I see. I have worked with BB code before, but not extensively... does DeviantArt work as a picture hosting site for this board? Some site I can upload images directly, others allow google drive hosting, some like this board I have to use a hosting site for.

Edit: Hah, got it working now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:30:18 PM by Bluebook »

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 05:44:23 PM »
Glad it's working! Your collection looks great!

Offline Bluebook

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »
And now, for Part 2: Having covered my Brushable and Plushie collection, we press on to my dresser, where my Blindbags and Equestria Girls live.

I really enjoy setting up little scenes with ponies, mainly with my blind bag\Freindship Collection.

Twilight's library is probably the best thrifting find, we saw it in a thrift shop, complete with accessories. Note Skywishes & Golden Delicious at the Apple Cider Stand... they have been a couple since about 2014, the first two blind bags I ever got. In about 2016, I picked up the Apple Stand, and they had just the right poses for it, so now they are a part of that scene between Twilight's Library and Sweet Apple Acres in my little Ponyville recreation.

Speaking of Couples, I'm something of a Sunlight & Flutterdash shipper, so here's my girls chillin' & all dolled up for the Fall Formal. For some reason Sunset walking about with a coffee cup seems right doesn't it? God knows how Flutters got Dashie in a skirt, but they both look awesome! Alright, alright, I promise I'm not one of *those* shippers, so let's press on shall we?

Post Merge: April 22, 2019, 06:33:36 PM

And finally Part 3, to finish everything up:

I have another scene set up with Equestria Girls, set up as well.

It's sort of a class picture vignette, with Photo Finish setting up her equipment in front of the pep rally figures, some of which are more complete than others, Fluttershy coming through a trade with Ole Grey Mane who in turn got it in a trade on the Arena.  "Wondercolts! Wondercolts! Rah! Rah! Rah! Twilight's Magic! Sis, boom, ahhhh!"

Meanwhile, down on the lower part of my dresser, there are another pair Equestria Girls, this time Pinky Pie painting a very modern cupcake which for the longest time I did not notice as I had it upside down on her easel, and an absolutely adorable pair of :muffin: Ponies, who incidentally is my favorite character, with Luna & Sunset being close seconds.

Finally, we have the two MIP ponies I own, and my nearly complete Baby Sea Pony collection (still need to find those Baby Hippogriffs). As you can sea, I love those crazy horse bird catfish. The MIB ponies each have an interesting story to them too. The silver keychain Rarity is one I bought while traveling in Japan a few years ago, from a store in Osaka with a selection of MLP toys including a big box of G1s I probably should have looked through, but didn't as I feared their prices would be exorbitant and I don't quite know enough in Japanese to haggle. Anyhow, I was happy to find her there as she was something I hadn't seen yet, and because we had visited both the Ginkauku-ji (silver) temple and the more popular Kin-kauji (Gold) temple in Kyoto she has had the alias "Ginkaku-ji Rarity" ever since. The bagged G2 is of course a Mc Donalds Sundance, bit more importantly she is a replication of the first *ever* MLP toy I received in a Happy Meal. At the time I wasn't very happy with it (this was after all 1997, and the world was less enlightened about boys liking girly things, at leas tin the midwest, and anyhow I was very young), and subsequently sold it much to my regret only a few years before I rediscovered MLP. At least I think that's correct... memory is a funny thing sometimes. Anyhow, I love Sundance & all her friends now, and eventually intend to finish my collection of them with an unbaked version of Sundance, who will join her friends on the display shelf in Part 1.

Well that's the collection, at least the best parts of it which are mine. Hope everyone enjoyed my collectors commentary, and I hope that I'll find some new pieces this soon to add to the collection so I can put up more brags!

Post Merge: April 22, 2019, 06:35:36 PM

Glad it's working! Your collection looks great!

Glad you're enjoying it! It's really taken off the past few years thanks to a combination of thrifting in order to find older ponies, and the untimely demise of TRU, after which our local Marx had a lot of EQG figures I have snapped up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:36:00 PM by Bluebook »

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »
Ahh I love your EG minis! All of the other minis are very cute as well :D I only have Sunset Shimmer EG, but I'd love to get more. Wish I could have stopped by a TRU when they were closing and gotten a few >.<

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
That is a very lovely collection you have
should be perma-moderated

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 11:36:14 PM »
You have a lovely collection so far.  I like the way you have them all displayed, they must really brighten up your room :frolic:  Congrats and thanks for sharing :)

Offline Silver Letter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 05:25:11 PM »
Delightful little collection. I hope you acquire more!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal