collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kings Day in Amsterdam  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Kings Day in Amsterdam
« on: April 28, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »
Like mentioned in the other topic me and Loona were thrifting through my hometown Amsterdam. The weather was better than predicted but there was also rain in between. It was a surprise to find so much stuff I didn't have yet.
So enjoy the pictures and if any of you can id the accessories and purple pony from the last 2 pictures that would be great. I know some can be g4 but I don't know which one.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E5W6GqweJvi8qjhe8

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Day in Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
No ID help but congrats, that is a great haul!  I spot a G2 baby!  ;)  and some great DVDs!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 03:40:07 PM »
Awesome finds!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 07:01:08 AM »
Im so glad you found something! Very Nice.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 07:02:50 AM »
Great finds, congrats!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 09:50:33 AM »
Congrats! Nice haul, as always :) I love that pearlized G4 on the fifth picture!
I wonder if there weren't that many pony people hunting last weekend? I remember King's Day brags always flooding the Brag Arena the days after... I was there again, with my husband and my mother and despite the rainy weather we had a great time as always. You Dutch people are so great and friendly <3
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
I think the weather spoiled a lot in some places. But I also received pictures from people who did find them.
Meanwhile I found out to which sets some accessories belong. Still mysterious are the purple pony, the blue white animal, the purple basket and white/yellow cups.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 02:35:35 AM »
I always get so envious when I see Kings Day brags popping up. This sounds like such an awesome celebration, I wish my country would take it up!  You got SO many lovely new ponies.  I don't know who that little white and blue cat is but he sure is cute.  Congrats and thanks for sharing pics :frolic:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
Ooo, Holly Dash!  You really had some awesome finds, congrats!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 10:44:57 AM »
Wow, that's a lot! Congrats! :D

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 02:08:58 AM »
Wow, you guys found a lot! Congrats!

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
Congratulations!
should be perma-moderated

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 02:14:22 AM »
Apologies for the late reaction - after leaving The Netherlands, the husband and me continued our trip through Germany and the Czech Republic for another week. I think we are now fully accustomed to be back, so I'll also post my (late) brag post soon :)

It was so much fun to go pony hunting with you Barnacle_lady - thank you for offering to have us company! :hug: The weather could have been better, but yes, we should look at it in a way that it was still better than what was predicted - and we still had a lot of fun regardless of the occasional showers (and hail :lol:). And not only during pony hunting: the whole day, with all the happy, celebrating people was memorable to me! I'm so happy we managed to visit the country on this special day, and I'd love to go back again in the future :)

Wow, seeing all your finds laid out like this - I was there and saw you found lots of things, but wow, it is indeed a lot :) I'm so happy you managed to find many things you didn't yet have - aaaaaand: I think I found where your little purple G3 figure comes from! :frolic: It turns out, after all, that she is not related to the G3 Kimono figure I have&told you about. They do look very similar in stlye and are of the same size, which makes me think they were likely produced around the same time/in the same factory, but while I managed to identify mine as a christmas ornament pony (the bottom right one in this set - picture not mine), yours seems to have come with an activity book: [link to an Etsy listing]  (again, picture not mine, but I hope it's OK to have this link here as reference, as this is the only picture I found of the set). This also explains why your figure didn't have any keychain hanger/loop like mine.
(btw, what's up with all this G3 stuff in G4 packaging? Both of these figures seem to have come out already when G4 was around, based on their packaging, and I wonder if it didn't bother anyone... I think it would have bothered me as a child to have completely different characters on the packaging and inside it... I mean, if I like the ones in the pictures, I can't have those, as they are not in the set, and the other way round: if there's a figure I like from the set, I don't get to know anything about her from the packaging)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 03:24:04 AM »
Holly Dash!!! What a great find and overall impressive haul. Congrats!

Apologies for the late reaction - after leaving The Netherlands, the husband and me continued our trip through Germany and the Czech Republic for another week. I think we are now fully accustomed to be back, so I'll also post my (late) brag post soon :)

Ahhhhhh, girl, next time please hit me up. I think you drove right past my town :lol:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 12:55:00 AM »
Ahhhhhh, girl, next time please hit me up. I think you drove right past my town :lol:
Ah, bummer... :( I'll keep it in mind for next time - and next time we totally need to pick you up and then go to Kings Day together :cool:
There are lots of things/sights/places we missed in that area (both in the Netherlands and in Germany) this time, so there's definitely a reason to go back for. I wish it was a little closer though, because gas costs made the trip expensive (and we just got a speeding penalty notification too a couple of days ago... it seems we weren't careful enough :( ), so it won't be anytime soon we'll be going this far again by car...

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal