collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Meet Haul!  (Read 1333 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Pony Meet Haul!
« on: April 27, 2019, 07:53:36 PM »
Today I had the awesome opportunity to attend my very first pony meet, courtesy of the Oklahoma MLP Friends group on Facebook! <3 I had so much fun. I've never seen so many ponies in one place before, let alone met other collectors! I got to see so many rare ponies in person, from Mexican Nirvanas to the Mountain Boy ponies. I may have kinda fangirled over Ice Crystal; he's been my grail since I was little and today was the first time I'd seen him in real life. It only made me more determined to get him someday! I also got to play some fun pony-themed games. I especially loved the 'guess the pony' game!

But enough about that, let's get onto my buys for the day! I got a ton of ponies on my wishlist, but I also took home a few surprise ponies because they just spoke to me or were on sale and I couldn't resist, hehe <3

First off, the G1s!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This absolutely gorgeous Daddy Bright Bouquet. I didn't even know how much I wanted this boy until I got to see him in person. And this particular boy is MINT-Y. I cannot find a single thing wrong with him. His symbols and eyes are pristine, and his hair is lovely and soft. His body's even still squishy! He was the most expensive pony I bought today (and even then, his price was extremely reasonable), but he was worth every penny.

Next is Speedy. So a little story about my love for Speedy; I was an avid rollerskater when I was little and had just discovered G1s, of which Speedy was a favorite of mine. When I outgrew my skates and got a new pair, I used to strap the old skates to my hands and skate around on my hands and feet pretending to be Speedy because I adored her >u< I've always wanted her and I am absolutely ecstatic to finally have her in my herd!

*drumroll* Another pony I've wanted for a long time, who I never managed to find in the wild. I finally have an Applejack from all the generations (G1, G3, G4)! She was in a $3 bin of ponies. Can't beat that!

This gorgeous Windy, who was also in the $3 bin with AJ! Windy is another pony I've always had a fondness for. She just looks so crisp and satisfying to the eye, in my opinion.

This poor Streaky is in need of a new horn, but other than that and a bit of frizzy hair, she is gorgeous! You can't see it in the pictures but she does actually still have pink in her stripe. The horn should be a pretty easy fix, and I'm looking forward to getting into restoration more.

A Cloud Puff who was only $1, I'm guessing because of that amazing level of regrind. Maybe I'm crazy but I actually think it looks so freakin' cool because the regrind is pink and blue, which kinda matches her color scheme. I dunno why, but I love it!

These two were actually freebies from two separate booths. Masquerade has...I'm not even sure what that stuff is. I thought age spots at first, now I'm leaning more towards schmooze/some sort of mold staining. I honestly have no clue if it's even possible to restore her, but Masquerade is one of my faves and she was free, so I figured I'd do my best for her! If nothing else, I'll color-match her and just paint over the markings. Sunbeam might be beyond help without paint as well, but if she is, I'll make sure to give her a lovely new life as best I can <3

Next, the G2s! Yes, you read that right, kota's G2 collection finally makes a return!

Clever Clover! Oh my goodness have I wanted this boy for a long time. He is so cute! He has a hair cut but it actually really suits him, I think.

This Birthday Magic Light Heart I got as a part of a trade for a Little Pretty I brought with me in case anyone was interested in it. Since I don't collect them, I thought I'd see if I could trade it for ponies instead. So glad I did!

Some McD's G2s <3

Now to the G3s!

Bright Night <3 Another little one I've wanted for awhile. I adore her soft pastel color scheme. She was another pony I got in the trade.

Strawberry Reef and Star Surprise. I wasn't planning on getting these gals, but the booth owner put her remaining G3s/4s on sale for $1 each if you bought multiples, and these two were on my wishlist! They are both absolutely lovely.

And finally, G4s!

Princess Luna! I got her along with the two G3s on sale. She's so pretty; I've been wanting a Luna brushable for awhile too.

All About Soarin! I actually won this boy in a game of pony trivia, which makes him pretty special to me <3  I think I might take him out of the package (I'm itching to play with a male G4 brushable) but I haven't decided yet.

Lucky Swirl and Roseluck, two Blind Bags I got in the trade! <3 Roseluck has been on my wishlist for a good bit too.

---

Did I say that was all? Well, I lied! I also got some cool merch.

The buttons were the final item I got in the trade! The feature three of the G1 seaponies. They're really well-made and adorable. Then there's my badge, and a commemorative card from the meet!

---

In summary, I had an amazing time. I was totally in awe of all the ponies I got to see today, and very pleased with the ones that I took home with me! I can't wait to attend my next pony meet!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 07:59:54 PM by dakotadarkhooves »

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Meet Haul!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 11:02:19 PM »
I am so envious you got to go to a pony meet! I would love to go to one one day.  So many people who love ponies and heaps of ponies for sale :cheer:  You did so well with your purchases.  Some lovely ponies from different gens.  I love Lucky Clover :lovey:  Major congrats on a fav day :frolic:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 08:00:26 AM »
The meet must have been so much fun! Huge congrats on all of your great finds :D

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:15:05 AM »
So much awesome pony stuff: congrats!

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:05:03 AM »
I am so envious you got to go to a pony meet! I would love to go to one one day.  So many people who love ponies and heaps of ponies for sale :cheer:  You did so well with your purchases.  Some lovely ponies from different gens.  I love Lucky Clover :lovey:  Major congrats on a fav day :frolic:

Ahh I really hope you get to go to one someday, kiwi! It was a lot of fun <3 Thank you! Clover is definitely one of my personal faves, so glad I was able to snag one in person.

The meet must have been so much fun! Huge congrats on all of your great finds :D

It really was, I can't wait for the next one! Thank you so much!

So much awesome pony stuff: congrats!

Thank you!

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 02:06:07 PM »
Some very nice scores!
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal