collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: howdy folks!  (Read 1525 times)

Offline wishcatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
howdy folks!
« on: April 25, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »
nice to meet yall! im angelus, but you may call me any nickname or variation of my screen name! im an 18 year old grown man who still really likes funky colorful horses.
i've been collecting all sorts of toys ever since i was a kid, from breyer horses to dinosaurs of all kinds to littlest pet shops and pretty much everything under the sun. but the thing i had second most of, first being dinosaurs, was my little pony stuff~!

i had tons of generation 3 stuff as a kid, a lot of which was lost between all the moving i had to do.
the only thing i have left of my collection is a color-changing starcatcher. she changes to pink if you draw on her with ice. once i put her in a half-melted cooler and she became entirely pink. surprisingly, she's never had trouble fully changing back to her original color, like ive heard some of her same model does! if it gets cold at night, she blushes pink, and thats when i know im not just imagining im freezing my butt off lol
i also LOVE the style of g2 ponies and i really want to get my hands on one, altho first i'm going to base my choices of pones first on starcatcher (ponies in movies with her and ponies released beside her in general)
i didnt get into g4 until later and honestly i only like the cartoon and characters, and also the concept of ponies with extra markings because i think the extra markings are cool even if the molds are ehh
i'm currently in a position where i can afford to expand my collection to its former glory, and maybe take in some otherwise well-loved ponies/fakies from thrift stores and such to fix them up! oh, i dabble in toy customization in general too. i've only done one doll repaint, but i'm looking to go for more!

besides hoarding things like a dragon, i also enjoy drawing, zoology, occult topics, and i also raise cuban thief pouter pigeons with my dad! i adore domesticated animals in general, (pigeons are technically in that category but still) i love reading about breeding projects and i read a lot of animal husbandry advice for pets i dont even have  >_< i love all kinds of farm animals and i really want a farm one day!

um, that's all i can think of for now! thank you for reading, i hope you have a lovely day <3

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:36:08 PM by wishcatcher »

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: howdy folks!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
     Howdy! Welcome to the arena!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 03:19:39 AM »
Welcome!  :wave:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
Hi Wishcatcher :wave:  Great to have you here!  I loved your story about Starcatcher and how her changing colour lets you know when it's getting cold, lol.  As for hoarding like a dragon, I have this great visual of you sitting of top of your collections keeping a watchful eye on anyone who comes and goes.  I swear I'm going to use that description myself next time someone asks about my hobbies :lol: :dragon:

Anyway, welcome to the Arena. I look forward to seeing you around :happy:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 10:25:16 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Enjoy the forum :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 04:33:03 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »
Welcome!!! I too, am a guy who loved Breyers and dinosaurs as a kid and still do.  :)
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline wishcatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »
Hi Wishcatcher :wave:  Great to have you here!  I loved your story about Starcatcher and how her changing colour lets you know when it's getting cold, lol.  As for hoarding like a dragon, I have this great visual of you sitting of top of your collections keeping a watchful eye on anyone who comes and goes.  I swear I'm going to use that description myself next time someone asks about my hobbies :lol: :dragon:

Anyway, welcome to the Arena. I look forward to seeing you around :happy:
gosh, i wanna say, thank you all for the warm welcome in general but im responding to this in particular because this is EXACTLY what i do every day. i just pile everything onto my bed and growl at anyone who comes near.

Welcome!!! I too, am a guy who loved Breyers and dinosaurs as a kid and still do.  :)
OH ALSO, great to know im not alone!!! :3c

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 01:28:45 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena!
I hope you enjoy the friendliness and nuttiness here :D

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal