collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GRAIL GRAIL GRAIL!!! and questions!? (pic heavy)  (Read 4037 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: GRAIL GRAIL GRAIL!!! and questions!? (pic heavy)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 11:50:05 PM »
Oh wow, she is vibrant and beautiful!  Who else do you have in your spacebutt collection?!  :D
I have Moonstone, Starshine, MO Starhopper, Bluebelle, Nightglider, Starflower, and baby Starflower.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 01:11:27 AM »
From my knowledge Nightlight was never sold in Italy and the 2nd rainbow pony set has the same color combo like she by 3/4 (Neon Yellow, Peach and Turquoise). The only difference is the 4th color - Nightlight has medium green and the rainbow ponies have baby pink as Taffeta mentioned. So if you spot baby pink streaks in her tail (lay the tail against a white sheet of paper) then the tail may have been changed. I have the impression of seeing pink in your picture where the hair is still wild. The tail of Nightlight looks greener in general - turquoise and green mostly outweigh yellow and peach.
The washer indeed is Italian specific, on all the Nightlights that ever went through my hands I never faced this kind of washer.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:17:42 AM by pandabear_chan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 01:15:30 AM »
From my knowledge Nightlight was never sold in Italy and the 2nd rainbow pony set (i.e. Confetti) has the same color combo like she by 3/4 (Neon Yellow, Peach and Turquoise). The only difference is the 4th color - Nightlight has medium green and the rainbow ponies have baby pink. So if you spot baby pink streaks in her tail (lay the tail against a white sheet of paper) then the tail may have been changed. I have the impression of seeing pink in your picture where the hair is still wild.
The washer indeed is Italian specific, on all the Nightlights that ever went through my hands I never saw this kind of washer.

Yeah, that was what concerned me too. I mean, it's close enough to match for display but I looked at the close up versions of the tail and I think I see pink and coral in the tail. But NL having 3/4 the same colours doesn't help identification by photo.

That's why if the owner really is interested in pursuing this, getting someone to lay NL's tail next to a 2nd set Italian Rainbow would be an option. I would do it myself if I was still home but I'm not. All I can say that from my photo of my NL, her tail looks more green-yellow than pink-coral overall. But that may just be the angle her tail is at and the way it falls - so it's not very conclusive.

Either way though she's very pretty and the tail doesn't detract from or change her beauty. Besides, the most important thing is getting the pony herself :) and if she did need a new tail, it's probably as close as you're going to get. Someone took time to think it out, they didn't just ram a blossom tail in her butt and be done with it ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:17:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 01:59:12 AM »
Congrats on your beautiful pony! I would absolutely love to have her too one day, particularly the small symbol version like yours :)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 04:29:32 AM »
From my knowledge Nightlight was never sold in Italy and the 2nd rainbow pony set has the same color combo like she by 3/4 (Neon Yellow, Peach and Turquoise). The only difference is the 4th color - Nightlight has medium green and the rainbow ponies have baby pink as Taffeta mentioned. So if you spot baby pink streaks in her tail (lay the tail against a white sheet of paper) then the tail may have been changed. I have the impression of seeing pink in your picture where the hair is still wild. The tail of Nightlight looks greener in general - turquoise and green mostly outweigh yellow and peach.
The washer indeed is Italian specific, on all the Nightlights that ever went through my hands I never faced this kind of washer.

Oh yeah, my NL definitely has more coral/pink in her tail. I've gone through multiple pictures of NL online and like Pandabear_chan said NL tails are more turquoise and green.

If it starts to bother me later I could always use dollyhair and get the right colors from there :)

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »
Okay I see then it is definetely a tail from a rainbow pony. What does the seller say about this out of curiosity? I mean she looks pretty with it but it wouldn't hurt to ask...
Making a tail for her is not the problem, you have to combine only the colors from real pony tails and you're done! I can try making one - PM me if you want to have one.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
Okay I see then it is definetely a tail from a rainbow pony. What does the seller say about this out of curiosity? I mean she looks pretty with it but it wouldn't hurt to ask...
Making a tail for her is not the problem, you have to combine only the colors from real pony tails and you're done! I can try making one - PM me if you want to have one.

Honestly, to me talking to the seller is a bit pointless, when inquiring about the pony before I bought it she hardly said much to me other than basic info like paypal payments and addresses. Even then she took days to reply to me. I understand people get busy but when they were online it showed she read my messages and then she posted more stuff to sell... So... yeah lol

Also I would definitely be interested in a accurate tail for her!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:26:38 PM by Pikashoes »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 01:50:31 PM »
What an interesting thread about pony tails!  I am pleased the tail you have cleaned up so nicely for you. It's odd that whoever replaced it (as it seems likely) didn't bother to put the tail in properly.  Nightlight still looks lovely though. Congrats on adding such a beautiful pony to your collection :lovey: 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
I do think though that whoever switched them around (and it might have been the original owner for all we know) did think a lot about what tail to match the pony. And it doesn't look odd on her :) Maybe she just got some pink highlights for her journey to her new home? XD

Another ethical question I guess, but is a borrowed tail from another pony more or less authentic than a custom made tail in the right colours for Nightlight?? I mean, neither belong with her, but...which is more "real"?

Sorry if that's off topic, it just occurred to me as an interesting question in this discussion xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Elva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 09:34:42 AM »
Aaaah, she is SO BEAUTIFUL!

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline sassypons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »
Any pony can be sunfaded. I’d just be careful if she’s greyed down a bit- I sunfaded a dingy firefly and she had also kind of greyed. It just made her a lighter, less saturated color than how she originally was back in her glory days. Good luck and congrats on the grail! She’s gorgeous.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »
Another ethical question I guess, but is a borrowed tail from another pony more or less authentic than a custom made tail in the right colours for Nightlight?? I mean, neither belong with her, but...which is more "real"?

Sorry if that's off topic, it just occurred to me as an interesting question in this discussion xD.

I honestly was thinking the same thing!

Post Merge: May 01, 2019, 09:27:50 PM

Any pony can be sunfaded. I’d just be careful if she’s greyed down a bit- I sunfaded a dingy firefly and she had also kind of greyed. It just made her a lighter, less saturated color than how she originally was back in her glory days. Good luck and congrats on the grail! She’s gorgeous.
For what it's worth I don't I'll risk it. Nightlight is hard to find and I would hate to ruin her more.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:27:50 PM by Pikashoes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal