collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ID/Price Check on some Barbie dolls?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
ID/Price Check on some Barbie dolls?
« on: May 24, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »
I picked up some Barbie dolls at a garage sale today, and I'm curious if they're worth anything. :)

This one is a redressed mystery. XD I'm 95% sure her clothes are from a Hannah Montana doll, but I have no idea who the doll is. She is marked Mattel, dated 2003 on her head and 2006 on her body. I'm thinking she's probably an older Fashionista?

Another redressed mystery. At least, I'm pretty sure she's redressed, as her outfit seems to be low-quality for Mattel.  Like Mystery #1, she is marked Mattel. She's dated 1991 on both her head and body. The style of her face makes me think she might be a CE doll, but I have no idea who.

These guys are in their original clothes, so I was able to ID them via Mattel's website.

Egyptian Queen
Grecian Goddess
Sweet Valentine
Bohemian Glamour
Grand Entrance

Based on the eBay searches I did, it looks like the first three only go for around $10 new in the box, so I'm guessing my used ones wouldn't go for more than $5 at most?

Bohemian Glamour and Grand Entrance seem to be worth a bit more, but the ones I saw were kinda all over the place; I didn't see any that were loose and dressed, like mine are, but it looks like nude ones go for $10-20 while NIB ones only go for around $15. XD Would the $10-$20 range be right for deboxed but dressed ones?

This one seems to be in her original clothes, but I can't seem to find her on the website. Any ideas on who she is or what she might be worth?

I also got a few Barbie-sized dolls from other brands.

Hasbro Rob (Maxie's boyfriend). He has his original outfit, but the clothes are mildewy and the doll himself some serious mold stains on his legs and arms. :crazy: Is he worth bothering to clean up?

Dance 'n Romance Rob. Looks like he has his complete original outfit, and he doesn't seem to be moldy like Rob 1.0! XD

Kenner Princess Leia. No clothes and her hair has come out of the original buns, but she seems to be in pretty good shape.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:41:24 PM by Squirrelypaws »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline daydreamwinn

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ID/Price Check on some Barbie dolls?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 04:48:22 PM »
Your one dressed doll is the Southern Belle from the Great Eras series, like the Egyptian Queen and Grecian Goddess.  I'm not sure on prices, though!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: ID/Price Check on some Barbie dolls?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »
Depending on whether they have their shoes or not, that will affect value. I can’t quite tell, but it looks like some of the Barbies might be missing theirs?

I envy your luck at finding two Robs with complete outfits (Maxie collector here, lol). XD ...Even if Rob #1 is a bit... in need of some TLC. Does the mold/mildew come off with a bit of scrubbing? Or is it actual staining? His head and hair look to be in good shape, and the clothes could probably just use a good soak in some detergent. The market for Maxie is an odd little niche, and prices can vary. Rob #2 would probably fetch $10-15. Depending on how well he cleans up, that’s about what Rob #1 is worth, as well.

I think Leia would also be worth about $10-15 in that condition.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal