collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not a transaction I was a part of, but I want to warn people about this buyer.  (Read 6210 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Oh my, I was watching the listing and re-listing and re-re-listing of this pony and wondering. I must say that I am extremely disappointed in PayPal for their decision: it makes no sense at all. It is one thing to have a nasty individual out there doing their best to get what they can out of other people but quite another for a company to go and back them up like that. I am truly sorry for your friend; can she not query the decision? Surely once they have seen all the facts clearly and correctly they can reverse it?

What a horrible mess  :(

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
This was so heartbreaking to read! I feel bad for the original seller. What a scum bag that person is.
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
I'm sure because the scammer got only half back and the OP's friend received the pony back, Paypal feels that neither party has won or lost, that it they evened out the playing field. Because Paypal is a company and aren't collectors and don't understand what the OP's friend has actually lost in the damaged pony and refunding the scammer half the money, they don't get that she's actually lost this battle.

If I were her, I may try to dispute Paypal's decision and explain why and document it with everything the scammer has done. You never know, they may reverse their decision in the end. It doesn't hurt to try.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:50:09 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Oh my, I was watching the listing and re-listing and re-re-listing of this pony and wondering. I must say that I am extremely disappointed in PayPal for their decision: it makes no sense at all. It is one thing to have a nasty individual out there doing their best to get what they can out of other people but quite another for a company to go and back them up like that. I am truly sorry for your friend; can she not query the decision? Surely once they have seen all the facts clearly and correctly they can reverse it?

What a horrible mess  :(

Well, the seller's not my friend, I don't know her, I just had a short conversation with her via eBay messages when this all began. I'm just in the same Discord server that a close friend of hers is in so they've been updating us there on all of this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
The whole thing is disgusting from start to finish, but I also wonder whether it's worth the seller continuing to invest emotion in fighting this. What he did sucks, but it must be upsetting the seller to continue dealing with this garbage as well.

I agree with bluerose's assessment, paypal are clinical and nonemotional and would see this as a valid settlement. I don't know whether all the other material would have a lot of effect on their judgement. I imagine it might have to be taken to a minor court setting (not sure what US law is like on this) and dealt with as a civil suit which would just drag the thing out longer and cost more money.

It sucks to concede but I worry now for the seller's emotional health going forward if she has to spend any more time and energy on this guy.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Honestly -- with the exception of the damage -- this isn't the worst resolution. Worst resolution would of been getting back a fake, or a credit card chargeback that wouldn't of given a partial refund.

The buyer got a refund because they didn't have the pony, nor their money. Paypal isn't going to reverse the funds the buyer received.

But if I was the original seller -- If the value of the pony is less than $400 I'd fuss up a storm about SELLER protection. No refunds are fine -- that doesn't waive protection. The buyer opened a INAD case, when it was buyer's remorse and that is CLEARLY documented. Therefore, she should be covered for the full amount of the loss.

But really. If an ebay buyer had cold feet and wants to cancel a transaction for a highpriced item... play it safe...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
:(  this update.. it kind of makes it even worse. I think in this sellers case it might be worth trying to get Paypal to re-consider the decision since she has all that info on the buyer

The reseller also posted about that Rapunzel multiple times in the "Vintage Toys & Action Figures" group on Facebook while he had her listed as an auction on eBay as well (first week of April). Apparently the group admins kept removing his posts, then he would just post again. At one point he even posted several pics of himself kissing the pony & rubbing her on his face to "prove he had her in hand".  :shocked: :X That group is mostly made up of guys who collect action figures, so he was getting an assortment of negative replies on his multiple posts. The way he kept posting over & over, and the language he used in posts & replies definitely didn't give any indication that he'd be a reliable person to send $800 - $1,000 to. :|

eww ewww eeeewwwwww!!!! Sooo glad I blocked him. so.glad. :X  :X   :X   :X 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal