collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bizarre PayPal case filed against me - Update 4/27  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre PayPal case filed against me
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 03:08:02 AM »
:yikes: I would have thought a glitch but.. wow.. apparently not?!
 You're fine to post the persons ebay ID on this thread - sounds like someone to be avoided!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 06:04:36 AM »
:yikes: I would have thought a glitch but.. wow.. apparently not?!
 You're fine to post the persons ebay ID on this thread - sounds like someone to be avoided!

Thank you. I wasn't sure if that was allowed or not, but I don't want anyone else to go through something like this because wow, this was a head-scratcher! I'll post their ID in the first post.

Post Merge: April 20, 2019, 10:38:39 AM

I just filled out a PayPal survey they sent me, too, on my recent experience. Hopefully that will help them realize what I dealt with so they can hopefully put more protections in place.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:38:39 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
The two possibilities that spring to my mind is that the seller picked the wrong account to file on (and is not replying due to embarrassment over the whole business) or that the seller's account got hacked (and thus they aren't replying because aren't getting the messages).

But I think whichever is the case (or another reason) this still counts as a paypal glitch because the mechanism shouldn't be there to file a seller chargeback against a buyer. The fact that it is and somehow happened suggests Paypal need to close those loopholes, so I'm glad you raised it with them. Even if it was an attempted scam, it wouldn't have happened if there was no way for it to happen (if that makes sense).

Glad you got your items and that the matter was otherwise resolved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 11:14:35 AM »
The seller finally contacted me today. She said that she thinks her account was hacked. Sounds like it was both eBay and Paypal that were hacked, maybe? She said she just got my message and she was very sorry and that her Paypal account had been frozen for 21 days. I'm unsure about her eBay account and that she hadn't opened the chargeback. I'm assuming she had some kind of fraud alert on her account and it was automatically opened on all her transactions. Unfortunately, when I had called Paypal they said there was nothing unusual going on with her account. But it seems that's the only thing the seller and I can figure out is that the fraud alert is what caused it to open up the chargeback.

Anyhow, I've asked her to send me a request to amend her feedback. I'm still scratching my head over the whole thing, but at least I've finally heard back from the seller.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:21:48 AM by bluerose9978 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal