collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2019, 08:51:46 PM »
...so maybe that real aspect was the original intention and then they kind of abandoned it and decided later ponies needed boas and tutus and other important equine accessories..?
:lol:

In our stories the stable appeared rarely really, although Lemon Drop was always organising gymkhanas (strangely without Butterscotch).

I never knew about the Gymkhana playset until  was an adult collector so I found the whole idea of Butterscotch being sporty a bit odd... I don't remember Butterscotch much in the comics, but I see that the UK fact file says they are both sporty.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2019, 03:39:30 AM »
I don't mind them as long as you can take them off. I don't like things that are molded on like Tassles and her blanket

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 07:41:30 AM »
Not a fan - too "horsey" for me. I'm not a horse person - I'm a MLP person. ;) Plus the fact that they stain is reason enough for me to stay away from them.

I love the idea of them being like fancy dress to ponies, though :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2019, 08:31:45 AM »
I'd never really thought about it til I read this thread and the thing that occurs to me is why do they need tack as who would ride them (With the exception of Megan and Sundance)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »
I think they are cute on Collector Poses. Never tried any other pose. I'm especially scared of them staining the pony, so no one wears them. I guess they could be used as props in an elaborate display.

Had one on a Peachy when I brought her from eBay.uk, she had the stain from the saddle on her.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »
...so maybe that real aspect was the original intention and then they kind of abandoned it and decided later ponies needed boas and tutus and other important equine accessories..?
:lol:

In our stories the stable appeared rarely really, although Lemon Drop was always organising gymkhanas (strangely without Butterscotch).

I never knew about the Gymkhana playset until  was an adult collector so I found the whole idea of Butterscotch being sporty a bit odd... I don't remember Butterscotch much in the comics, but I see that the UK fact file says they are both sporty.

I never knew about it as a kid either. I had the Fact file but never knew who Butterscotch was. I guess maybe it was a bit early for me to have a playset like that - I was 2 in 1984 and 3 in 1985 - so nobody ever bought it for me. She's not in the comic at all I don't think. Aside Cotton C and Blossom, the collector ponies are kind of mysterious ghosts in the UK. They're in the factfile but pretty much nowhere else...

Ironically my ponies got to dress up as Tennis stars (usually CJ, dunno why, maybe Revolt at PE making her seem sporty?) and dinner date divas or in lingerie when I was about 4. But I had absolutely no horsey stable accessories until I was at least eight, and only really associated that stuff with Lemon Drop as she was always organising gymkhana and so on in the stories.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 11:41:36 AM »

...never knew who Butterscotch was...  I had absolutely no horsey stable accessories until I was at least eight, and only really associated that stuff with Lemon Drop as she was always organising gymkhana and so on in the stories.

Yep I am so glad I started collecting as an adult, that was one of the first playsets I ever bought as an adult and it's one of my favourites. It's really simple and uses those wholesome primary colours that only the Euro stuff seems to have.

Post Merge: April 24, 2019, 01:14:23 PM

I just thought of something else... what about the Merry Go Round ponies?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:14:23 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 02:37:13 PM »

...Oh my goodness, that's an entirely separate ethical debate!

Not least when I think of their (UK comic) origins of being trapped (enslaved?) inside the 'Whispering whirligig' by some nefarious soul...until Twirler and Thundercloud and whoever else helps to rescue them...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »

...Oh my goodness, that's an entirely separate ethical debate!

Not least when I think of their (UK comic) origins of being trapped (enslaved?) inside the 'Whispering whirligig' by some nefarious soul...until Twirler and Thundercloud and whoever else helps to rescue them...

Yep just thought I'd open a whole new can of worms.

I have my mitts on most of the UK comics 1 to 30 but I haven't read most of them yet.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
LM to the rescue again xD Whirligig begins in comic 124...
https://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/178224144321

continues into 125...
https://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/178257747451

But unfortunately LM doesn't have 126 posted yet!
However the big spoiler at the end is they find the MGR ponies. :) who are trapped in the whirligig thing waiting to be rescued.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 02:00:23 AM »
My girlfriend says she saw the MGR ponies and fakies that she had when she was little as being very theatrical types who liked to be dressed up at all times. Same with her Keypers horse. She remembers them setting up a drama group and saying that anyone who didn't have a fancy saddle couldn't join :lol:. Snobby little ponies :lol:!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »
My girlfriend says she saw the MGR ponies and fakies that she had when she was little as being very theatrical types who liked to be dressed up at all times. Same with her Keypers horse. She remembers them setting up a drama group and saying that anyone who didn't have a fancy saddle couldn't join :lol:. Snobby little ponies :lol:!
That's hilarious!    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »

Haha that's cute!

If we're talking about MGR ponies and saddle fakies, I can love those. I had Sunnybunch growing up, and the prettiest yellow fakie with a permanent decorative saddle and green and white hair.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:07:35 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2019, 12:42:57 PM »
I think I was more disturbed by the fact that the saddles pop open on the Secret Surprise ponies more than the fact that they were wearing them. I didn't have any MGR ponies in my childhood herd but I guess I overlooked the saddles on them because they're Merry Go Round Ponies but in keeping with the Ponyland lore maybe the saddles are permanent reminders of their captivity and rescue from the Whirligig like the Twinkle Eye ponies gem eyes?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2019, 11:40:57 PM »
Gotta admit... I dont like that whole "horsey" stuff. Im a horse person, yes, but ponies were no riding ponies for me. I had the Show Stable as a kid (named Ponyhaus -> pony house in german) and I never really used the bridle and saddle. I still dont like that stuff much. A pony thats wearing clothes and eating ice cream and stuff does not wear a saddle :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal