collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels  (Read 7303 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels
« on: April 18, 2019, 03:20:49 AM »
Now the other day I got a lickety split in a small lot. She was wearing a pretty parlor saddle.

I don't know what I want with it. Like how did ponies get saddles (I know from megan, but aren't they like wtf that's so weird)

Some people think they look cute on the ponies but I'm not sure

So what do you think?

Bridels on ponies that are talking? cute accesoires? kinda weird?

let me know please.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Luke

Lover of Windwhistler

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 04:05:14 AM »
Interesting point.

My take on bridles and saddles has always been - hard to put on, hard to take off, risk of staining - don't use ;)

I guess even in the stories you don't see the ponies wearing tack. Not even when they are being ridden by someone else. But I was never a fan of Megan either, so never had any dolls riding my ponies. I guess I never thought of it as anything except their free choice, since I imagine they're capable of biting as well as giving the human an earful...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 04:18:37 AM »
I'm actually not a big fan of the saddles and bridles on ponies.  I think the early playsets like the Show Stable and Pretty Parlor were made when Hasbro was trying a "Look! You can do some of the same things you'd do with real horses with MLP!" as those two playsets seem to focus more on the equestrian side of things as they are a stable that included jumps and place to groom your ponies that included saddles.

I agree with Taffeta that the ponies probably decide if they want to use the sadles and bridles or not. :)

I will have to check my copy of Baby Firefly's Adventure but I think there's a picture of Sundance or Baby Sundance wearing a bridle and she is still able to speak while wearing it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline efelkay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 04:43:43 AM »
I think they’re cute.

I know I had a bridle and saddle in my childhood collection - I’m pretty sure they’re long lost now, but I liked them as a kid. It didn’t ever strike me as weird, either. Horses and ponies wore bridles and saddles, so it made sense to me that MLPs would too. Even though they talk, and are sentient... maybe they just like them the same way people like cute handbags and hats??? I have no idea. I never thought about it very hard.

From a collector’s standpoint, I can see how they’d be troublesome. Easily broken, faffy, likely to stain the pony... an all-around nightmare.

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 05:25:19 AM »
Generally speaking I prefer the dexterity of the pony wear. Since most of it is cloth, it is far easier to get on than any of the saddles and bridles. I don't like them much, and I do think they look a little odd. I don't remember ever seeing any of the ponies wearing any in the cartoon, and I certainly have never kept any tack on any of my ponies.

I do, however, adore the cloth(?) bridle that came with sundance. I don't own it, but I really would like to. It looks far far nicer than the plastic bridles; that one sort of subverts everything I said about any of the other tack!

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 05:55:28 AM »
I have a good amount of extras that I don't know what to do with... I just think they look cute displayed hanging in the parlor.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:13 AM »
I liked them as a child, but I would not display my ponies with them today. Not only because I don't want to risk stains (but that is a huge reason, too), but also because it ruins the look of the pony for me. I don't even enjoy seeing the princesses with their hats, not only because they tend to fall off all the time, anyways, but just because it looks foreign. These aren't working horses meant to be ridden by a human rider.

Pony wear for baby ponies is cute, but other than that, I'm just not a huge fan. I like the pajama because I had it as a child, too, but the nostalgic value makes it here.
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 06:12:29 AM »
I don't like the saddles and bridles and stuff. But I also don't want Megan or Molly and I prefer a human-less pony world so that's probably just me. I'm not a horse person but I'm a pony person, you know?
I do like other ponywear a LOT but tack is just weird.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 07:59:09 AM »
I don't like the saddles and bridles, like others have said they will stain and further it just didn't look cute. I don't see why they would have these things on sentient magical horses. In the beginning of the line they were going for more horse realism then got more into the fantastical as the line went on. I prefer less real stuff like tack and stables, and prefer more castles and magic.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 08:21:31 AM »
I think they are cute on Collector Poses. Never tried any other pose. I'm especially scared of them staining the pony, so no one wears them. I guess they could be used as props in an elaborate display.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Fluttershy_Spike

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »
I think they are awkward to get to fit ponies other than the collector pose ones tbh

I've got loads but for reasons similar to what has already been mentioned, my ponies don't wear them!

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
I checked my copy of Baby Firefly's Adventure and found a story about the baby ponies finding Sundance's lost halter and throwing her a birthday party.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 01:39:06 PM »
I don't like the saddles and bridles and stuff. But I also don't want Megan or Molly and I prefer a human-less pony world so that's probably just me. I'm not a horse person but I'm a pony person, you know?
I do like other ponywear a LOT but tack is just weird.

I'm with you on this. Megan and Molly are not my thing. For me I think it's because they are supposedly muggles from the 'real world' and I don't really like the idea of a bridge between the two worlds. When I'm in Ponyland I like to be completely immersed and for there to be no real world to think of. But I do like the idea of magical humans, fairy folk and animals etc in Ponyland. I assume that all ponies are magical creatures at least to some extent, so maybe there are magical humans among the other magical creatures in Ponyland? So maybe Earth ponies can tack themselves up if they ever want to give rides to thier bipedal Ponyland friends? Maybe it's like keeping a spare motorbike helmet in your garage even if you hardly ever use it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »
Eh, I ignore them. Saddles and bridles are for other horse toys, not mlps impo. Unfortunately they're so big they can't be used for other models.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 02:05:05 PM »
If I were a pony, I would wear them to a fancy event as a traditional costume. Pretty much like we still like to wear corsets and stuff to feel classy, even though they are not part of our daily life anymore. :D

He knows that they're the fool...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal