collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: what is your opinion on g1 saddles and bridels
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 10:08:31 AM »
I think I was more disturbed by the fact that the saddles pop open on the Secret Surprise ponies more than the fact that they were wearing them. I didn't have any MGR ponies in my childhood herd but I guess I overlooked the saddles on them because they're Merry Go Round Ponies but in keeping with the Ponyland lore maybe the saddles are permanent reminders of their captivity and rescue from the Whirligig like the Twinkle Eye ponies gem eyes?

Ponyfan

Eh, I always saw them more as giant jewelry boxes that didn't hold very much. I love them though.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
Gotta admit... I dont like that whole "horsey" stuff. Im a horse person, yes, but ponies were no riding ponies for me. I had the Show Stable as a kid (named Ponyhaus -> pony house in german) and I never really used the bridle and saddle. I still dont like that stuff much. A pony thats wearing clothes and eating ice cream and stuff does not wear a saddle :P

I have to add, now that I read the quote above : Ive never thought about the MGR ponies as wearing saddles XD I had Flower Boquet in childhood (still have her <3) and always thought of it as pretty flower decorations, hm :P

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »
So if they allow a human to ride them- they will need a saddle otherwise their back will get sore.

As a kid I didn't really like the way the bridle looked on my pony- but my Peachy did wear her saddle if she were going to give say a Moondreamer a lift-  cuz she didn't want a sore back.

Saddles are more like protective equipment right?  The bridle would just be if the pony had a rider who wanted to help/tell the pony where she wanted to go- cuz you know the wind is pretty loud and otherwise the pony would have to look behind her to hear or follow directions- and that could end in disaster  :biggrin:

For a human free world- not necessary.  Maybe they still have some stuff as relics though- like fun weird things like how humans kinda still like to wear things like bustles and crazy lace up boots.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 02:25:51 PM »
So if they allow a human to ride them- they will need a saddle otherwise their back will get sore.

As a kid I didn't really like the way the bridle looked on my pony- but my Peachy did wear her saddle if she were going to give say a Moondreamer a lift-  cuz she didn't want a sore back.

Saddles are more like protective equipment right?  The bridle would just be if the pony had a rider who wanted to help/tell the pony where she wanted to go- cuz you know the wind is pretty loud and otherwise the pony would have to look behind her to hear or follow directions- and that could end in disaster  :biggrin:

For a human free world- not necessary.  Maybe they still have some stuff as relics though- like fun weird things like how humans kinda still like to wear things like bustles and crazy lace up boots.
Saddles are definitely protective gear for a horse... especially if the rider isn't a pro.  Having someone bouncing up and down on your spine really hurts.   That's where stirrups come in.

My ponies were ridden by carebears though. So they were suppose to be light and fluffy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2019, 03:05:18 AM »
Awh, Carebears  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2019, 03:28:25 AM »
I am not sure anything rode on my ponies. *Ponders*. They certainly went abseiling, rambling, swimming (in puddles or at my friend's family's club)...they had sleepovers at my friends' homes when we traded for a night...and the petites tode my electric railway  (I only had 1 station so they dididn't get very far, lol)...

But anything riding them...?

Possibly not.

I had a secret surprise as a kid. I saw her as a pony but the idea of putting things inside her gut was a bit  reepy to me so I mostly didn't use the function...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal