TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Bizarre PayPal case filed against me - Update 4/27

(1/4) > >>

bluerose9978:
I found a lot of ponies last week with a BIN on it. It was more than I wanted to pay so I made an offer. Although the counteroffer was still a little high I accepted and paid via PayPal.

According to tracking via eBay, they were supposed to arrive today, but before they did, I received an email that the seller had filed a case and that "payment you received was made without the account holder's permission or was the result of a transaction error" and that my available balance would be placed on hold.

It went on: "Because you’ve got Funds Now, the transaction amount won’t be placed on hold and will be available in your balance. If you've already shipped the merchandise, let us know which shipping company you used, and provide the tracking number."

It was worded like I was the seller and not the buyer!

So I went into PayPal and responded (it treated me like the seller, even though it showed I had a negative balance in the transaction) and I entered tracking and the carrier and in the notes explained I was the buyer and not the seller.

A couple hours later they found in my favor. I tried to contact the seller to find out what is going on with this. Has anyone else had this occur?

My ponies arrived today with no issues but I'm scratching my head over how a case like this can be opened.

EDIT: The seller's eBay ID is omniumdesignzstudio in case anyone wants to avoid purchasing from them.

lovesbabysquirmy:
Wow that is strange

Mewtwofan1:
     There have been strange feelings in the force, or a strange feeling in the air. Things seem to have been a bit bizarre, but that has to be one of the stranger things I’ve read heard happen this week.

bluerose9978:
Both my husband and I have been scratching our heads over this. The only thing I can figure is the seller didn't receive an item from another transaction and accidentally initiated a case on mine but I don't know how it treated me like the seller when I was a buyer?

In any case, the seller has not responded to me. I'm leaning toward leaving them a neutral or negative for the experience. If I had needed to use my Paypal funds at the time I would have been SOL.

banditpony:

--- Quote from: bluerose9978 on April 18, 2019, 05:58:43 AM ---Both my husband and I have been scratching our heads over this. The only thing I can figure is the seller didn't receive an item from another transaction and accidentally initiated a case on mine but I don't know how it treated me like the seller when I was a buyer?

In any case, the seller has not responded to me. I'm leaning toward leaving them a neutral or negative for the experience. If I had needed to use my Paypal funds at the time I would have been SOL.

--- End quote ---

How do you know they caused it over a glitch in PayPal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version