collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 234927 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1290 on: November 05, 2020, 04:52:49 PM »
There are US inserts that call Ember “My Beautiful Baby Pony” and “Ember.” 

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Ember.

I just checked my VHS of RAMC and it  says  “copyright Sunbow Productions” on the box. :)

Glory’s BF set disappeared from my area too. I am still missing some of them. They were restocked a couple of times at my Target but quickly replaced by the Earth ponies set.

Ponyfan

Thank you for that, Ponyfan! You solved two mysteries with one post :)

So Ember is her US name, officially. But according to what I have found so far, maybe not in the UK. I guess that makes sense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 05, 2020, 04:57:50 PM »
I am happy to hear they are selling well.  :)  I wonder how many sets BF wants to do.... I really think they would sell out if they did Baby Ponies... just my opinion, please nobody get upset <.<
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 05, 2020, 05:12:11 PM »
I am happy to hear they are selling well.  :)  I wonder how many sets BF wants to do.... I really think they would sell out if they did Baby Ponies... just my opinion, please nobody get upset <.<

*gives cookies*

I am sure I remember some talk about baby ponies. Something...about four from six. No baby pegasus ponies. Were there pictures? Did we ever get pictures or just words, speculation, etc?

I can't remember any more. 2020 seems to have been eternal lockdown and nothing else.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 05, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »

Thank you for that, Ponyfan! You solved two mysteries with one post :)

So Ember is her US name, officially. But according to what I have found so far, maybe not in the UK. I guess that makes sense.

:) 

I think BF baby ponies might have been mentioned around the time we saw the flutter pics from Toy Fair.  I don't think anything was confirmed except that BF was looking in to them as a possible set. I remember there was some discussion about them and what accessories we'd like to see included.

I would love to see baby ponies too and sea ponies. :)  I don't think BF will make sea ponies though due to the shells  I can't see BF wanting to make that large of an accessory to go with the sea ponies but in my opinion they  would feel incomplete without the shells.   

Ponyfan   

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 07:30:46 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 06, 2020, 08:23:55 AM »
Earth Pony is an official term. I would have to go through stuff to find out if it may have been bequeathed from the US TV show to the toy line, but I know for sure it's here in Hasbro's Fact File in 1987. At least, to be strictly accurate, they say "EarthLY ponies" on at least two separate occasions I can see. There's also "earthbound" in Glory's entry (most elegant of all the earth-bound ponies). And finally on the page for Baby Ponies, "the earth babies often tumble into mischief."

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Of course it's an official term whether it came from Hasbro or Sunbow. My point was that it wasn't the official set name, but one can easily get that impression when looking at ID sites online. As well as "Collector Ponies" being the set name for the original six, when it actually just referred to the mail order offer.

But yeah, putting "G3" on the boxes for those re-releases was probably the most blatant use of collector terminology so far.  :biggrin:

On another note, I really feel like we're overdue for some baby ponies at this point! I want BF to release anything baby!  ^.^

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 06, 2020, 09:02:40 AM »
Wouldn't it be neat if they released Mommy/Baby sets, even with little to no accessories?  I mean, a set with (for example) Applejack and Baby Applejack with only a ribbon on their tails and a comb as an accessory would be something I would buy.  As much as I like the little accessories that came with the original baby ponies, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me not to have them.  I'd like the pony anyway.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
The problem with that is that AJ has already been released. It would be an overlap. They might be better off with the Loving Families as that kind of a set. Something new, matching and shiny.

If they wanted to do mother and baby pairs, though, they could do Ribbon & Baby, Lofty & Baby, Shady & Baby and Lemon Drop & Baby. That would mean skipping for one baby into the UK/European line, which is why I'm not suggesting Honeycomb/Buttons/Hopscotch and baby. But those are options.

Or, to stay more US centric - Tic Tac Toe/Quackers/Fifi/Bouncy?

(Or the TAF adult and baby :D How would that be? LOL)

@Lilja - yeah, in that context you're right. They're not set names. Whereas Unicorn & Pegasus is a set name, the Earths are just "My Little Pony" on both the inserts and the Hasbro UK list I have. (Or on one UK insert, "ponies", which is classy xD I think that includes Gypsy and Honeycomb though.)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 06, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
The problem with that is that AJ has already been released. It would be an overlap. They might be better off with the Loving Families as that kind of a set. Something new, matching and shiny.

If they wanted to do mother and baby pairs, though, they could do Ribbon & Baby, Lofty & Baby, Shady & Baby and Lemon Drop & Baby. That would mean skipping for one baby into the UK/European line, which is why I'm not suggesting Honeycomb/Buttons/Hopscotch and baby. But those are options.

Or, to stay more US centric - Tic Tac Toe/Quackers/Fifi/Bouncy?

(Or the TAF adult and baby :D How would that be? LOL)

@Lilja - yeah, in that context you're right. They're not set names. Whereas Unicorn & Pegasus is a set name, the Earths are just "My Little Pony" on both the inserts and the Hasbro UK list I have. (Or on one UK insert, "ponies", which is classy xD I think that includes Gypsy and Honeycomb though.)

It'll never happen but, I'd want the UK/Euro families more. The Sunbrights and Berrytowns are way prettier then the Apple Delights and Bright Bouquets.

For some reason, the Meadowsweets remind me of those fluffy, multi-colored dusters.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 06, 2020, 03:47:41 PM »
For some reason, the Meadowsweets remind me of those fluffy, multi-colored dusters.

omg I can totally see it... never going to unsee it now XD

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 06, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »
But Glory's set was available here for a long period at a lot of stores (Argos, Smyths, Toymaster) so maybe we got some excess originally intended for the States.

We have the same boxes as the US so that isn't impossible.
That's really interesting, because at least where I was, the first set of rainbow ponies was on the shelves while the unicorn/pegasi set was nowhere to be found. I saw some at a liquidation store and picked up Glory finally. I think the rainbow ponies weren't selling fast enough here so they didn't always put the unipegs on the shelves.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 06, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
But Glory's set was available here for a long period at a lot of stores (Argos, Smyths, Toymaster) so maybe we got some excess originally intended for the States.

That's really interesting, because at least where I was, the first set of rainbow ponies was on the shelves while the unicorn/pegasi set was nowhere to be found. I saw some at a liquidation store and picked up Glory finally. I think the rainbow ponies weren't selling fast enough here so they didn't always put the unipegs on the shelves.

Well, we didn't get them in the eighties like you guys did ;) Maybe it was our turn :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 07, 2020, 02:52:09 AM »

Well, we didn't get them in the eighties like you guys did ;) Maybe it was our turn :D
Lol that must be it!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 07, 2020, 04:26:21 AM »

omg I can totally see it... never going to unsee it now XD

Haha, I do like the Meadowsweets but this is so true  :lol:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 14, 2020, 12:13:36 PM »
I would really like them to do Quackers at some point. Especially with the custom possibilities that would open up since it's the same pose as another famous pony.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 18, 2020, 09:07:45 AM »
Checked the Target in a city an hour away from where I live last night. They had all 4 BF ponies from the newest unicorn/peg set, including a Sparkler with regular hair. There was also a Sparkler with half-and-half hair as well. I walked out with the regular-haired Sparkler (I already have the half-and-half), Surprise, and a second Gusty I'm planning on giving as a gift. $30 I didn't need to spend, but I guess it's just me doing my part to keep Basic Fun in business!

FYI...Stranger Things Applejack is $10.10 USD right now on an Amazon limited deal if anyone doesn't have her yet. One caveat though...the one I purchased a couple of months ago showed up packed in an envelope with a slightly beat-up box; after reading the reviews it seems like this is a consistent problem. Just something to be aware of if you are planning on displaying her MIB.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal