collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 239550 times)

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1065 on: July 17, 2020, 06:36:53 PM »
I managed to find Gusty, Surprise and Sparkler today in NJ. Still no Heart Throb.

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 21, 2020, 07:21:56 AM »
I managed to find Gusty, Surprise and Sparkler today in NJ. Still no Heart Throb.

Can you tell me where in NJ? i am in NJ and haven't seen any at my local targets. but i have been hesitant to go out too often.

Offline 1983Baby

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 22, 2020, 07:04:23 AM »

Can you tell me where in NJ? i am in NJ and haven't seen any at my local targets. but i have been hesitant to go out too often.

Parsippany

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 22, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
My Target stocked 40th anniversary Strawberry Shortcakes(with gold sparkle shoes) today on the retro endcap.  Since they haven't done the Strawberry retro's in forever at my store, I hope that means Gusty and crew are to follow soon.  The two Trickles and lone Flutterbye have been sitting there for ages.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 22, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
My Target stocked 40th anniversary Strawberry Shortcakes(with gold sparkle shoes) today on the retro endcap.  Since they haven't done the Strawberry retro's in forever at my store, I hope that means Gusty and crew are to follow soon.  The two Trickles and lone Flutterbye have been sitting there for ages.

Awesome
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:09 AM »
Older retro ponies have been on clearance at my Targets, and yesterday I found a pleasant Surprise. (har har har) She was the only new release on the shelf and her sticker had fallen from its place in her box. But it was fun to see her in stores. If I see Gusty or Sparkler I may not be able to resist :)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 23, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
I am suuuper late to the party. I finally got my hands on Starshine (couldn't resist!) and she has the discolouration issue (though it's only on one side of her head/body) - is there a way to fix it or at least lessen the chances of it spreading?

She's absolutely stunning otherwise, and I got her really cheap on Ebay because her box was damaged and she had a neck gap (which has vanished since unboxing her so I guess the plastic was pushing her head out of place?) so double win  :biggrin: The worst part will be resisting buying any of the others...especially if I see Gusty....
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1072 on: July 23, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
I am suuuper late to the party. I finally got my hands on Starshine (couldn't resist!) and she has the discolouration issue (though it's only on one side of her head/body) - is there a way to fix it or at least lessen the chances of it spreading?
I wonder if giving her a wash may help remove some of the scent, but unfortunately there isn't much known to fix it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 23, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »

She's absolutely stunning otherwise, and I got her really cheap on Ebay because her box was damaged and she had a neck gap (which has vanished since unboxing her so I guess the plastic was pushing her head out of place?) so double win  :biggrin: The worst part will be resisting buying any of the others...especially if I see Gusty....
try sun fading her, covering her hair, eyes and symbols in something like tin foil so not to fade in the sun. my retro starshine had discoloured really badly with yellow blotches over her body but after leaving her in a sunny location for a while she came up bright white again :biggrin:
also she worked as an air-freshner  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:42:37 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1074 on: July 23, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »
Is she the scented version of Starshine?  That set is prone to discoloration, presumably from the oils(?) or whatever that's mixed in or sprayed on to make the scent.  There's also a version of that set that's non-scented.

But I'll say this:  scented Starshine smells so dang good.  My favorite from that set.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 24, 2020, 04:57:43 AM »
try sun fading her, covering her hair, eyes and symbols in something like tin foil so not to fade in the sun. my retro starshine had discoloured really badly with yellow blotches over her body but after leaving her in a sunny location for a while she came up bright white again :biggrin:
also she worked as an air-freshner  :lol:

I'll try that, thanks :) Would something like masking tape be safe for her eyes?

Is she the scented version of Starshine?  That set is prone to discoloration, presumably from the oils(?) or whatever that's mixed in or sprayed on to make the scent.  There's also a version of that set that's non-scented.

But I'll say this:  scented Starshine smells so dang good.  My favorite from that set.

She is - I didn't realise there was a non-scented version too! She smells nicer now I've washed her and aired her out - she was extremely pungent when I first opened her! I can't quite put my finger on what she smells like..it's almost kind of like plastic-y cake?  :lol: It's very sweet, whatever it is!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1076 on: July 24, 2020, 08:47:43 AM »
The UK didn't get the unscented versions. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1077 on: July 24, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »
I think her official scent is vanilla but she kind of smells more like caramel to me.  Yes, she's EXTREMELY strong!  I keep her in a corner of a room and her smell spreads, ha ha!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 24, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »
I think her official scent is vanilla but she kind of smells more like caramel to me.  Yes, she's EXTREMELY strong!  I keep her in a corner of a room and her smell spreads, ha ha!
yeah i thought she smelt more like caramel too

cupidstrikes; i can't see why not, iv never used it but good idea :) as long as it does leave a sticky residue

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 26, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
http://aminoapps.com/p/cp0h7e
I just got back from my local target. They didn’t have any of the new ponies in stock. All they had was Flutterbye. She was on clearance for 30% off. I didn’t have any stock in the back unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:06:30 AM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal