collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233081 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #870 on: January 22, 2020, 03:18:30 PM »
Well, when I say "different DCPI numbers" I mean different between the two sets.  They're the same DCPI numbers used by previous sets. ;)

I think Basic Fun does have a flureoscent yellow hair color already, it's one of the Year 3 Rainbow pony stripes, right?  I don't have a rainbow pony in front of me right now, but I'm pretty sure they got all the hair colors right on them.

They do. I have Tickle.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 22, 2020, 04:09:19 PM »
They only ones I'd get myself would be Lickety and Gusty.  The two in my collection are dirty.  A nice, pure white Gusty will be nice.  As for the others, I already have doubles or more of Tootsie, Posey, HeartThrob and the others so don't need more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #872 on: January 23, 2020, 04:07:04 AM »
We already knew from past basic fun intel that the unipeg set were essentially rainbows in their cataloguing despite what the box says. This matters for us more than you as we pay more for rainbows. The stickers also indicate they fit this theme.
 So the 2 sets and 2 code thing fits with that info.

This would be for the uk. I wonder if Primark will stock stranger things aj as they just launched a full st range. And I remember a loose amazon date for feb for her too...

New york may or may not bring up babies.

I still hope powder and skyflier make a wave 2.

In other news today I saw all the classic earths together in another toymaster so the UK definitely have this set now despite it not being at last year's toy fair. We are caught up except gor the special releases.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #873 on: January 23, 2020, 07:01:32 AM »
Does anyone else feel like the Tootsie pose looks better with her head facing straight ahead rather than turned to the side?  I've never liked that pose, but it's looking pretty good on CJ and Tootsie here, and I think that's the difference.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 23, 2020, 07:33:23 AM »
Does anyone else feel like the Tootsie pose looks better with her head facing straight ahead rather than turned to the side?  I've never liked that pose, but it's looking pretty good on CJ and Tootsie here, and I think that's the difference.
She does look good.  I really like that Basic Fun pony heads can turn.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 23, 2020, 09:13:12 AM »

This would be for the uk. I wonder if Primark will stock stranger things aj as they just launched a full st range. And I remember a loose amazon date for feb for her too...

New york may or may not bring up babies.

My UK Amazon Stranger Things AJ arrived last week!  :P

omg if they deffo do the babies... squeeeeee!!  :lovey: :lovey:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 23, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
They're all so pretty! Now please come to Canada!!! I want them all  :biggrin:

Offline Wonderfalls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 26, 2020, 03:31:27 PM »
I hope Basic Fun doesn't forget Australian buyers. We folks here still need the rainbow series two ponies (and a lot of the others, come to think of it.) I know I should be grateful that we've gotten Collector Ponies and Rainbow 1 ponies, but I feel like we're constantly getting the short end of the stick  :blink:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:35:05 PM by Wonderfalls »

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 26, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »
I hope Basic Fun doesn't forget Australian buyers. We folks here still need the rainbow series two ponies (and a lot of the others, come to think of it.) I know I should be grateful that we've gotten Collector Ponies and Rainbow 1 ponies, but I feel like we're constantly getting the short end of the stick  :blink:
try living in NZ, basic fun doesn't care there :sad:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 26, 2020, 08:48:24 PM »
In Basic Fun’s defense,  there isn’t a company ever created that didn’t want their products sold world wide.   It’s not like Basic Fun has just decided that they don’t want to sell to some countries.  There is so much involved in a company selling outside their own borders.  Laws and trade agreements and they have to find a store that’s willing to sell their products.  If a local store isn’t willing to sell Basic Fun products then it isn’t their fault that ponies aren’t readily available to everyone.

Offline Wonderfalls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 27, 2020, 05:42:42 AM »
try living in NZ, basic fun doesn't care there :sad:

Has NZ had any Basic Fun releases at all?

In Basic Fun’s defense,  there isn’t a company ever created that didn’t want their products sold world wide.   It’s not like Basic Fun has just decided that they don’t want to sell to some countries.  There is so much involved in a company selling outside their own borders.  Laws and trade agreements and they have to find a store that’s willing to sell their products.  If a local store isn’t willing to sell Basic Fun products then it isn’t their fault that ponies aren’t readily available to everyone.

I do agree with you, but I guess I have this unshakeable feeling that some countries are not even a blip on Basic Fun's radar. Admittedly, this is coming from my own perspective as a person with limited access to the Basic Fun treasure trove. So I'm definitely not an objective voice, hah! I re-read my post and I do regret that it does sound a bit sulky. In spite of my frustration with the distribution blindspots, I am actually pleased for people who will be able to nab these as they arrive :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:44:30 AM by Wonderfalls »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #881 on: January 27, 2020, 08:06:51 AM »
I see the retro ponies as the sole glimmer of economic light in our future trade arrangements here in the UK. But I am surprised that Europe has not had a more uniform release given that the safety rules and trade regulations in the EU should be the same. Maybe it is just about stores picking them up. I can see no other reason for them to be in Scandinavia and some in France (and here) but not in major g1 hubs like Germany, Netherlands, Italy or Spain.

I wish there was a cheaper way to send these to aus and NZ and even Canada though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 27, 2020, 08:27:15 AM »

And mostly-  it's the local store that just hasn't ordered the ponies. It's funny how easy it is to blame Basic Fun for distribution issues, when really, it is just about the "buyers" for Basic Fun, who are not regular people but stores.

The best way to get local distribution of a toy you love-  pester your own local big box chain store to order them...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 27, 2020, 08:34:11 AM »

That's very true. I was just coming in to say that companies can't sell to the whole world" and that there are stores in all countries that don't sell outside of wherever they're at. But you put it very eloquently Sunset.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #884 on: January 27, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »
The best way to get local distribution of a toy you love-  pester your own local big box chain store to order them...
Yes, of course! The company can only do so much if no one wants to buy their product.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal