collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232916 times)

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #750 on: November 21, 2019, 10:27:52 AM »
I know I'm a little late to the party, but this was our MLP retro section at Target when I went yesterday:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm sorry, but I really don't think it's time for the "retro" G3s yet...seriously!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #751 on: November 21, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »
I know I'm a little late to the party, but this was our MLP retro section at Target when I went yesterday:

I'm sorry, but I really don't think it's time for the "retro" G3s yet...seriously!

What entertains me about this is that the term G3 was something we (as a community) invented and now it's being used as retro branding for official products.

I haven't seen any of the G3 ones here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 21, 2019, 01:07:41 PM »
I fell for the G3 Applejack.  I wanted her when she came in a set.  But I wanted just her, so I passed.  Her colors are very pretty.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Wonderfalls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 21, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »
I'm hoping that Australia doesn't have to wait three years to get the rest of BF's G1 range. We took so long to get Collector Ponies, but they seem to be selling really well at Aldi. There's tons of reports on social media about stores running out of CPs. I've actually been to my local Aldis and seen a full complement of ponies, only to come back a few days later and find them almost all gone.

Basic Fun should realize that there *is* a market here. They just need to be butts into gear and do something about it. There were a few local news websites that wrote articles about retro MLP stuff coming back, so there was even a small splash of press here.

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 22, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »
I have had NO luck on getting Pinwheel and Starflower! They seem to always be gone when I can do my hour drive to a Target! :(  I did pick up a G3 Applejack though. I thought she was pretty in person! :)

You can order Starflower and Pinwheel from Target.com--they have tons of them in stock now! They also have plenty of Trickles, Confetti, Tickle, and Flutterbye if anyone still needs those.

My Target is well stocked with rainbow ponies and G3s. I can't wait to see the baby ponies and other new ponies next year!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 22, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
I'm hoping that Australia doesn't have to wait three years to get the rest of BF's G1 range. We took so long to get Collector Ponies, but they seem to be selling really well at Aldi. There's tons of reports on social media about stores running out of CPs. I've actually been to my local Aldis and seen a full complement of ponies, only to come back a few days later and find them almost all gone.

Basic Fun should realize that there *is* a market here. They just need to be butts into gear and do something about it. There were a few local news websites that wrote articles about retro MLP stuff coming back, so there was even a small splash of press here.
i hear ya and here in New Zealand too. when Cotton On sold the 4 rainbow retro last Christmas in there exclusive packaging they sold out super fast.
they would be so popular with adults and kids.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Online Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 23, 2019, 01:57:44 AM »
If its a comfort, they aren't here in the stores either. Maybe for Christmas hopefully. We do have Aldi over here but they had the fashionstyles for sale. So maybe a link to the others to sell *hint*.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 23, 2019, 03:48:29 AM »
If its a comfort, they aren't here in the stores either. Maybe for Christmas hopefully. We do have Aldi over here but they had the fashionstyles for sale. So maybe a link to the others to sell *hint*.

We have Aldi here too but I have to admit it's the last place I could imagine them...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gustystarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 23, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »
Wait they’re going to release Gusty?  :frolic: :frolic: :silly: Oh I could cry as a child during g3 who watched the original g1 cartoons all I ever wanted was to walk into a store and find a Gusty. I’m so excited for this to finally happen

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 23, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »
Finally got Tickle.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 23, 2019, 01:28:04 PM »
Wait they’re going to release Gusty?  :frolic: :frolic: :silly: Oh I could cry as a child during g3 who watched the original g1 cartoons all I ever wanted was to walk into a store and find a Gusty. I’m so excited for this to finally happen

This is how I feel about finding the ponies never sold here in the UK. It's something I never thought I'd have a chance to do and it's so cool to finally see them :D Looking forward to this set as well :D Hope they're not far off.

@LAW - at last! So happy for you, congrats!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 23, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »

May she be plentiful on your shelf.

Post Merge: November 23, 2019, 01:51:30 PM

This is how I feel about finding the ponies never sold here in the UK. It's something I never thought I'd have a chance to do and it's so cool to finally see them :D Looking forward to this set as well :D Hope they're not far off.

@LAW - at last! So happy for you, congrats!

Thank you Taf.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 23, 2019, 04:58:11 PM »
Here is a good email that I got from them!!  :)

1.) In Spring 2018, we launched with the Flat Footed My Little Pony Collector Ponies (Item # 35230) - Wave 1 consisted of: Butterscotch, Cotton Candy, Blossom, Blue Belle, Minty and Snuzzle. 
In Fall 2018, we refreshed this assortment by launching Wave 2 "Pegasus & Unicorn Ponies" which included: Firefly, Medley, Twilight, Glory, Sunbeam and Moondancer. 
In Spring 2019, the Classic Ponies assortment added Wave 3 "Earth Ponies" with Bow Tie, Applejack, Bubbles and Seashell. 
The next release for this Collection will be in Fall 2019 (August/September) where we will see Posey, Lickety-Split, Cherries Jubilee and Tootsie! 
Our biggest supporters of this line are Target & Amazon but you can also find these sweet Ponies at the following shops:  Dicks Old Time 5 & 10, Meijer, Menards and TJ Maxx.

2.) Rainbow Pony Collection (Item # 35250)  is also available in North America - launching with Wave 1: Sunlight, Starshine, Windy, Parasol, Skydancer and Moonstone.  Wave 2 quickly followed with: Trickles, Tickle, Confetti and Flutterbye.  Then a few months later joined by Starflower & Pinwheel.  Just wait - in Fall 2020 we are so excited to be adding Gusty, Sparkler, Heart Throb and Surprise!
This collection is available at the following retailers:  AC Moore, Cracker Barrel, Dicks Old Time 5 & 10, Kohls, Meijer, Target.

3.) We have re-issued the 1st ever Rainbow Pony Playset (Item #35235)  - called "Pretty Parlor Playset featuring little Miss Peachy herself!  This is available at the following retailers:  Amazon and Walmart.com. 

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 23, 2019, 05:43:50 PM »
August September.

(Glances around)

Time machine anyone??

Thanks for sharing that info :D

They think Gusty etc are rainbow ponies (and actually the toys that made us showed Gusty when talking about Rainbow Ponies, now I think about it) so it will be interesting to see (if we get these) whether they come in the reverse order like all previous occasions.

I am predicting Bow Tie's set will hit the UK next year, and the next "Rainbow Wave". So I may have to wait another whole year for Cherries Jubilee to get here :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 23, 2019, 05:47:38 PM »
I think I just need to snag Rainbowdash and Tootsie, then get an upgrade of Twilight and Baby Moondancer and I'm done for a bit.

I am tempted by Baby Surprise, Bowtie and Posey.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal