collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232814 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #690 on: October 20, 2019, 07:19:22 PM »
I hope we see the baby ponies and more retro ponies.  :) I found Flutterbye for the first time last week. Saturday my Target had 2 Tickles, 1 Trickles and 1 Pinwheel and several of Applejack's set. I found Starflower a couple of weeks ago but haven't seen her since.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 20, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »
So wait. Basic Fun did retro G3 ponies? Did this actually happen? I totally missed it! And if they did G3, is there any talk of there being G2?

https://ponytoynews.weebly.com/home/basic-fun-retro-g3-applejack-found-in-packaging

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2019, 02:50:04 AM »
Word from someone on Facebook is that Basic Fun replied to their message asking about new retro ponies.  They posted the screenshot of the answer.   Baby Cotton Candy, Baby Blossom, Baby Moondancer and Baby Glory.  In fall of “2010” (did they mean 2020?) there will be Posey, Lickety Split, Cherries Jubilee, and Tootsie.  They make it clear that this is provided the retailers pick them up.
That post now has  pictures on!! (don't know how to post it here)

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 21, 2019, 03:18:47 AM »
Word from someone on Facebook is that Basic Fun replied to their message asking about new retro ponies.  They posted the screenshot of the answer.   Baby Cotton Candy, Baby Blossom, Baby Moondancer and Baby Glory.  In fall of “2010” (did they mean 2020?) there will be Posey, Lickety Split, Cherries Jubilee, and Tootsie.  They make it clear that this is provided the retailers pick them up.

Seems like sets of four is the norm from now on, at least from the start. Any set that has six ponies will get the additional two later. Holding off on Baby Firefly/Surprise was a pretty smart decision, since Surprise hasn't been released yet. Maybe adult and Baby Surprise's releases will coincide.

This makes it seem to me like the babies will be the same price point as the adults, and will get some type of accessory to make up for the size difference. If the accessories will be faithful to the originals or not remains to be seen (they couldn't possibly reproduce all the original accessories without upping the price). I'm really excited to see what the Baby releases end up looking like! If it's just the ponies without any accessories that will be a bit boring, but also great for customizers (or people who just want cheap ponies).  :biggrin:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »
You know, if I could order these directly from Basic Fun via the internet, I would.  Yes, they have an Amazon account but they don't have the entire line available on Amazon and the one I am looking for because I couldn't find it in the store is usually the one that is $30-50.  I know that they want the retailers to pick them up but I think more people would buy them if they could order them directly.  It's an hour to the nearest Target for me and they're the only retailer that I'm aware of that carries them anywhere around here.  The Basic Fun website says Walmart carries them, but if you order from Walmart (because they are not available in the store) it's from a 3rd party seller and the prices are jacked up there, too.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #695 on: October 21, 2019, 09:15:36 AM »
You know, if I could order these directly from Basic Fun via the internet, I would.  Yes, they have an Amazon account but they don't have the entire line available on Amazon and the one I am looking for because I couldn't find it in the store is usually the one that is $30-50.  I know that they want the retailers to pick them up but I think more people would buy them if they could order them directly.  It's an hour to the nearest Target for me and they're the only retailer that I'm aware of that carries them anywhere around here.  The Basic Fun website says Walmart carries them, but if you order from Walmart (because they are not available in the store) it's from a 3rd party seller and the prices are jacked up there, too.
Yeah, I really wish they would let us order from them directly. Maybe they could put some sort of pre-order system into place so that if there is enough commitment they can produce them? Like a Kickstarter almost? Having to hope Target stocks them gets frustrating, and I likegoing to Target. :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #696 on: October 21, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »
I'm totally going to make a Baby Majesty out of a Basic Fun baby unicorn. <3  And get a brand new Baby Glory for myself because I've had a hard time finding one without discoloration.

I hope these are super popular with kids.  The babies were my favorites when I was a kid.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #697 on: October 21, 2019, 05:41:18 PM »
Basic Fun continuing with their policy of making every early pony the UK got shafted on, I cannot disapprove.

We did have the CJ set but I have wanted that to happen for a while now as she is special to me so <3.

I remember someone posting about Surprise etc coming under the Rainbow bracket? Which seems odd to me but may have just been an error. Only reason I mention it is that the UK has operated under 'rainbow first' rules mostly. I guess we'll find out in January if any of these are likely to be offered in the UK market (who knows what state our economy will be in by then). I definitely expect to see the Bow Tie set as that's technically classic III and we've only just had unipegs which are classic II (for want of better terminology).

Has anyone in the UK seen Starflower in stores yet?

I feel like if JL has Pinwheel and not Starflower and if Toymaster also had that situation, they're not being distributed equally. Amazon has Starflower but not, apparently, Pinwheel. Or not in realistic dispatch timerange stock.

I still hope for Powder at some point. I am less bothered about Babies Firefly and Surprise, it will be nice if they happen but Glory and Moondancer are preferable and baby Blossom was my first baby pony so...it will be interesting how they do it...

With CJ that will be my first three ponies done, too. #4 was Snowflake so I'll settle for a Powder instead...>.>
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 21, 2019, 09:18:32 PM »
I need to see the baby ponies. I can only hope Target picks them up

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 21, 2019, 09:39:27 PM »
That post now has  pictures on!! (don't know how to post it here)

Does anyone have a link to this post? I am screaming over Posey possibly being made!  :freak:
I only have the Collector set, as amazing as they are I can't afford to buy them all, I've been holding out hope for Posey!
(I'll be seeking help to acquire her if she does get sold in the US)

Apparently we're finally getting the Collector Pose ponies in Australia, at Aldi of all places!
Cotton On sold the Rainbow ponies if I recall correctly, but nothing else has made it to Aus as far as I know.  :(
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 21, 2019, 10:13:53 PM »
I need to see the baby ponies. I can only hope Target picks them up

I'm forever miffed that walmart won't touch these.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 22, 2019, 02:54:53 AM »
I've found Pinwheel here in the UK, but no sign of Starflower, Trickles or Flutterbye

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #702 on: October 22, 2019, 05:03:03 AM »
I've found Pinwheel here in the UK, but no sign of Starflower, Trickles or Flutterbye

Flutterbye and Trickles were both in John Lewis in March but not since. I saw both in Sutton Toymaster though so they are still being supplied.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wonderfalls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 22, 2019, 03:11:51 PM »
Apparently we're finally getting the Collector Pose ponies in Australia, at Aldi of all places!
Cotton On sold the Rainbow ponies if I recall correctly, but nothing else has made it to Aus as far as I know.  :(

Yep! We're getting them on October 30th at Aldi. Which means Rainbows Series Two will probably be in Australia in 2023 :-)

I'm not complaining though. Imagine being able to walk into a store and buy retro MLP figures? Even if it's just the collector's ponies? I'm going to try and pick them up in person. My head would explode if Aldi somehow gets the other lines.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 22, 2019, 05:40:18 PM »
I wonder how many more years they will make these wonderful ponies! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal