collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233025 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #660 on: October 01, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
Uk people!

Found Pinwheel!

:cheer: - and lovely pictures, too!

I looked in London Oxford St JL, also my local JL and little precinct store, no Pinwheel yet...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
she's gorgeous Taffeta. i would love to see a comparison of the retro and old 80s ones to see for any differences if anybody has any :D and starflower.

I actually did pull out my Italian (she looks like she went to a hard rave and hasn't quite recovered) Pinwheel and my original Pinwheel (I can't work out if she's discoloured evenly all over or whether she was always that shade of pink) and there's a big difference in the colouring, the retro is closer to the Italian one in colour but not the same.

I didn't do photos though as I only got back yesterday and the Arena was playing up so didn't bother taking any.

I'm also suspicious whether my original Pinwheel is not the colour she should be.

In any case, I really like the retro Pinwheel's colouring but it's quite distinctive when you put them together.

Can't speak for Starflower.

thats going to be the closing deal on getting her, i was only going to get one (starflower) but i do like her vibrant colours, i had a mint one (80s version) years back i sold but i think she can be prone to regrind and fading, i know regrind is usually found on harder bodied later ones especially the dark pink and purple ponies

Now this is the set. Can't wait to get a bright new Glory.

They have been out a while in some places so depending where you are I would go hunting!

They are very easy to find here in the UK now...which makes my deprived inner 5 year old happy...

yay for you guys, that deprived inner 7year old is still being deprived here in New Zealand  :pout: :cry: thanks goodness for arena trades and expensive amazon  :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:58:54 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2019, 02:29:16 PM »
Uk people!

Found Pinwheel!

:cheer: - and lovely pictures, too!

I looked in London Oxford St JL, also my local JL and little precinct store, no Pinwheel yet...

..Day trip to Sutton?? XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #663 on: October 01, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »
I went to a store that had FOUR Seashells.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Wonderfalls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 01, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »
yay for you guys, that deprived inner 7year old is still being deprived here in New Zealand  :pout: :cry: thanks goodness for arena trades and expensive amazon  :P

I'm in the same boat. I'm from Australia, and I'm completely jealous of folks in the US and UK who can visit local stores and pick up G1s o_O. I've only bought three Basic Fun ponies, for I cannot justify the sheer expense of shipping etc. Hopefully Basic Fun will eventually figure out a distribution system for Aus and NZ.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 01, 2019, 03:11:51 PM »
I'm still surprised that they haven't already figured it out. Also that they've been messing Canada about so badly with such long delays, AND half of Europe. I mean, I'm sure they know that the UK, France and the nordic countries is not all of Europe. Germany used to be a huge market for G1 MLP and yet...?

I feel blessed we've had so much - I actually think given we have rainbows before classic retro here we might get Bow Tie's set in next year's wave too - but angry for other international fans who have had such a troublesome time with them.

I've also been spoiled up till now living in an area of the UK where distribution has been good. Right now not so much, albeit my trip to Sutton was coincidently well timed with finding Pinwheel, but at least it's a lot easier than in some other places. And just seeing Glory and Medley on shelves here makes me smile so much no matter how much I see them since as a kid my mother hunted for them in vain. Hasbro let us down then. Basic Fun at least rectified it now. All of this year's retros (rainbow II and classic unipeg) were never sold in the UK the first time around. It's been a long long wait.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wonderfalls

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 01, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
I feel blessed we've had so much - I actually think given we have rainbows before classic retro here we might get Bow Tie's set in next year's wave too - but angry for other international fans who have had such a troublesome time with them.

Although I'm admittedly quite jealous, I am also deeply thrilled for the pony folks in the UK and US. I do absolutely need to mention that aspect :)

I get a vicarious rush when I see people upload pictures of their in-store finds. Quite often, there's a tangible excitement to a lot of those posts.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 03, 2019, 05:42:48 AM »
The other thread made me think of this but...

Tips for anyone who will be coming to the UK for Ponycon and who are looking for the Retros

The Unicorn and Pegasus set is now widely available in Entertainers, Toymasters (sometimes these have different names, like Toy Barnhaus, Toy City, Toy Galaxy etc), Argos (though that's a random pick as it's catalogue), and also some Smyths stores.

Rainbow II is in John Lewis (mostly just Tickle and Confetti at the moment though), and also now in some Toymasters. I found Pinwheel in the Sutton Toy Barnhaus Toymaster but I don't know how widespread rainbow II is in these stores yet. Epsom Toy Barnhaus had Trickles and Confetti. Putney Kids Stuff had, I think, just the Unipegs and Collector Ponies, no Rainbows, so this is more hit and miss and I don't know if they've got to the midlands stores yet.

Collector Ponies
are still available in some Toymaster and Smyths stores but they are essentially old stock now so it's hit and miss to see them.

I haven't seen Rainbow I in months. No unscented ones here as far as I know. No Bow Tie set (yet) either.

Wishing everyone a good ponycon and good luck if coming to hunt retros xD.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:46:04 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 05, 2019, 03:38:58 AM »
Thanks for the heads up :)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 05, 2019, 06:38:17 AM »
Burlington, NC Target had a Starflower and multiple Pinwheels yesterday (my husband bought me the Starflower)

Mebane, NC Cracker Barrel had a Pinwheel

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 05, 2019, 03:36:34 PM »
Hopefully that means they'll hit the east coast soon.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #671 on: October 06, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »

Retros at trago mills! Sadly no Pinwheel or Starflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 06, 2019, 04:49:19 PM »

Retros at trago mills! Sadly no Pinwheel or Starflower.

That's a pretty nice range though! Interesting how Rainbow I has basically disappeared here but the Collectors haven't...

...Wait a minute, aren't the unipeg boxes meant to have 35th on them? My Glory's box has 35th on, like the CP ones, but the ones in your photo don't? (My Glory was bought here in the UK)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 07, 2019, 01:30:07 AM »
Smyths toys have the first collector set on sale £6.49 each. I went to the one in Milton Keynes and they had all of the ponies apart from Cotton Candy

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 07, 2019, 03:13:24 AM »

That's a pretty nice range though! Interesting how Rainbow I has basically disappeared here but the Collectors haven't...

...Wait a minute, aren't the unipeg boxes meant to have 35th on them? My Glory's box has 35th on, like the CP ones, but the ones in your photo don't? (My Glory was bought here in the UK)

Trago has a tendency to import so that might explain any discrepancy (?), I'll check next time I'm near.

Matcha out of curiousity was that the Newton Abbot or Liskeard one? Just wondering if they have different ranges in stock as according to their website they still have Rainbow I in stock in all locations.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal