collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232827 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #495 on: August 12, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »
I went to a conference over the weekend and since there was a Target near the conference I decided to check for ponies.  I didn't see any but as people have been reporting toy changeups I decided to ask an employee.  He told me that they no longer carry the retro ponies.  So Layton, Utah people, you might have to check Riverdale.  I didn't make it to Riverdale to check there.  I might have to start ordering these online.

I wonder if he meant we don't have any of those rather than Target won't be carrying any?

I have a friend who works at Target too, and she is definitely not privy to what may be coming down the pipe from the buyer or when something is or is not cancelled...  unless you spoke to a manager or someone who is really in the "know" I wouldn't panic yet... ?

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 12, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
I went to a conference over the weekend and since there was a Target near the conference I decided to check for ponies.  I didn't see any but as people have been reporting toy changeups I decided to ask an employee.  He told me that they no longer carry the retro ponies.  So Layton, Utah people, you might have to check Riverdale.  I didn't make it to Riverdale to check there.  I might have to start ordering these online.

I wonder if he meant we don't have any of those rather than Target won't be carrying any?

I have a friend who works at Target too, and she is definitely not privy to what may be coming down the pipe from the buyer or when something is or is not cancelled...  unless you spoke to a manager or someone who is really in the "know" I wouldn't panic yet... ?

He said they no longer carry them, but he wasn't a manager so maybe they're just between shipments.  I was very disappointed because any Target for me is an hour+ away so it isn't like I can just pop down whenever I feel like to check.

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »
I sent Basic Fun a message (via their website) basically just saying "Your ponies are great, I hope you keep making them" and in their response they said:

"Hi there,
Thank you so much!  We will definitely continue to reissue the classic My Little Pony lines as long as the retailers and fan are still asking for them!"

So to the people who were worried that BF was discontinuing the line (though I don't really get why people would think that, seems like the singles sell great), it doesn't sound like that's the case at all.  :)

That's great news. I'm hoping for the flutter wings next ! Would be great to get those with brand new wings ☺
I'd also love to see the big brother ponies and pony friends next because some of them are so HTF especially in box!!

Also I know it's a stretch but I hope they will change up the box shape/art for the next reissues cause I'm getting bored of the same design !

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 13, 2019, 06:56:12 AM »
I didn't have much interest in these, and couldn't find them in any shops around where I live, so didn't give them a lot of thought.
Until I was out of town on Sunday and saw them in real life. Now I think I'll be getting a few. I might even keep them MIB because they would look so good on my shelf where I used to keep my dolls.

Thing is, they do seem rather pricey...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2019, 07:05:05 AM »
I didn't have much interest in these, and couldn't find them in any shops around where I live, so didn't give them a lot of thought.
Until I was out of town on Sunday and saw them in real life. Now I think I'll be getting a few. I might even keep them MIB because they would look so good on my shelf where I used to keep my dolls.

The cheapest price I've seen here for them is Smyths, which is £8.99. They're meant to get the unipeg set but right now (at least ours) only has a ton of CPs.

Otherwise general rule is classics (unipeg, collector) are £9.99 and rainbows are £12.99 :/

Almost all the Tickles are gone from my JL. Either someone really liked Tickle or a ponyperson visited my town xD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2019, 07:31:25 AM »

The cheapest price I've seen here for them is Smyths, which is £8.99. They're meant to get the unipeg set but right now (at least ours) only has a ton of CPs.

Otherwise general rule is classics (unipeg, collector) are £9.99 and rainbows are £12.99 :/

Almost all the Tickles are gone from my JL. Either someone really liked Tickle or a ponyperson visited my town xD.

I can't find them in my JL. Though when I saw them yesterday they weren't with the G4 ponies, and had their own section. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. It seems stupid to buy them online and pay for delivery when I live in a city centre

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2019, 11:17:30 PM »
For anyone in Spokane, WA, the White Elephant store on Division has retro MLPs--including nearly a full set of the unicorn / pegasus set!  I think the only ones they were missing were Firefly and Twilight. 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 19, 2019, 08:47:07 AM »
I just went to the West Seattle Target and they had a reasonably full shelf full of ponies-  I picked up another original orange AJ (I had given the first one I got to my sister).  They also had the dark blue Bow Tie and several rainbow ponies (2 Tickle and a Starshine)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:48:40 AM by Galactica »

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 19, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
Not sure how to post a screenshot but I reached out to basic fun about getting wave two rainbow ponies and earth ponies to canada and this is what they said plus revealed that a wave 3 of rainbow (actually unicorn & pegasus) will be hitting retailers next year!!  :shocked:

"Hi there, it looks like Toys R Us Canada picked up the Earth Ponies collection, which was set to be released for Spring 2019 so they might still have them.  They are part of an ongoing series (all under item number 35230) called "Classic Ponies".  Wave 1 was 35th Anniversary (Flat Footed), the 2nd Wave (Fall 2018) was Pegasus and Unicorn and now the 3rd wave is the Earth Ponies.  Toys R Us Canada took 35230 which is this series but I am unsure which collection they have on shelf at this time. 
The Rainbow Ponies are part of 35250 which began with Wave 1 Scented Ponies, then Wave 2 unscented ponies (Trickles, Tickle, Confetti, Flutterbye) then more unscented Rainbow Ponies Wave 3 which will be Gusty, Sparkler, Heart Throb and Surprise - which will be released in 2020.  Toys R Us took the Rainbow collection above as well.  Good luck!"

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 19, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
Not sure how to post a screenshot but I reached out to basic fun about getting wave two rainbow ponies and earth ponies to canada and this is what they said plus revealed that a wave 3 of rainbow (actually unicorn & pegasus) will be hitting retailers next year!!  :shocked:

"Hi there, it looks like Toys R Us Canada picked up the Earth Ponies collection, which was set to be released for Spring 2019 so they might still have them.  They are part of an ongoing series (all under item number 35230) called "Classic Ponies".  Wave 1 was 35th Anniversary (Flat Footed), the 2nd Wave (Fall 2018) was Pegasus and Unicorn and now the 3rd wave is the Earth Ponies.  Toys R Us Canada took 35230 which is this series but I am unsure which collection they have on shelf at this time. 
The Rainbow Ponies are part of 35250 which began with Wave 1 Scented Ponies, then Wave 2 unscented ponies (Trickles, Tickle, Confetti, Flutterbye) then more unscented Rainbow Ponies Wave 3 which will be Gusty, Sparkler, Heart Throb and Surprise - which will be released in 2020.  Toys R Us took the Rainbow collection above as well.  Good luck!"

That’s exciting!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 19, 2019, 05:48:46 PM »
I’m looking forward to Basic Fun Gusty, Heart Throb, Sparkler and Surprise.  :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 19, 2019, 09:36:24 PM »

Such great news!!!! I hope they show up soon! And exciting to hear about the Gusty set.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #507 on: August 20, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »
Two questions I feel I must ask...

One, why are those 'Rainbow Ponies', and two, WHERE IS POWDER?!

Will this set be like the Rainbows and split, or are they just going to ditch that pose?

Powder is my favourite in the set :( And we never had those here in the eighties either, so I was hoping to be able to complete that hoodoo.

Rather have Powder than Gusty, though I know that'll be an unpopular opinion.

Excited for Sparkler though. She's always been a favourite for me, since she was on the front of the first pony comic I ever had (#18).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 20, 2019, 07:27:16 AM »
I was wondering where Powder and Skyflier are myself. Those two DD and I need.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 20, 2019, 10:08:15 AM »

Yay!!! I can't wait to see them!!!!  I think they are selling just great which is good news for all of us- weee!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal