collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232795 times)

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »
https://www.walmart.com/col/My-Little-Pony-Classic-Collection/515654874?sourceid=csebr03b9c0774d77e241d4b35855362cba6dc5&wmlspartner=bizratecom&affcmpid=4094033938&tmode=0000&veh=cse&szredirectid=15649409762561591340910080302008005
Walmart updated their site to have the Mane Six drawn in the MLPnF style!
Personally, I like these better than the vectors we got for the Retro-styled G4

That's fanart unfortunately, not an official image.
Aw, man. And I got really excited thinking of this replacing the new vectors  >_<
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2019, 05:03:06 PM »
Well technically they can claim fair use of the art since it is their intellectual property. But it would have been  nice if the creator of the fanart was asked first!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2019, 05:17:33 PM »
https://www.walmart.com/col/My-Little-Pony-Classic-Collection/515654874?sourceid=csebr03b9c0774d77e241d4b35855362cba6dc5&wmlspartner=bizratecom&affcmpid=4094033938&tmode=0000&veh=cse&szredirectid=15649409762561591340910080302008005

That looks an awful lot like someone's fan art. I swear I've seen it somewhere before.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »

That looks an awful lot like someone's fan art. I swear I've seen it somewhere before.

Yeah it is, I linked it above.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
OMG, reminds me of the time I saw this bootleg dress with definitely stolen fanart:

Best part is giant G4 Rainbow Dash looming behind them.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 06, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »
I sent Basic Fun a message (via their website) basically just saying "Your ponies are great, I hope you keep making them" and in their response they said:

"Hi there,
Thank you so much!  We will definitely continue to reissue the classic My Little Pony lines as long as the retailers and fan are still asking for them!"

So to the people who were worried that BF was discontinuing the line (though I don't really get why people would think that, seems like the singles sell great), it doesn't sound like that's the case at all.  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #486 on: August 06, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »
I sent Basic Fun a message (via their website) basically just saying "Your ponies are great, I hope you keep making them" and in their response they said:

"Hi there,
Thank you so much!  We will definitely continue to reissue the classic My Little Pony lines as long as the retailers and fan are still asking for them!"

So to the people who were worried that BF was discontinuing the line (though I don't really get why people would think that, seems like the singles sell great), it doesn't sound like that's the case at all.  :)

I'm guessing because the original estimate was 3 years...

But people over your side of the world seem to worry every time Target resets its shelves. Shelf resetting seems an unknown art here so the ponies will just be there till they sell xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
Well, some people on Facebook were freaking out that Basic Fun wasn't displaying new ponies at SDCC, but Hasbro has never released new pony info at SDCC, I can't remember if Basic Fun has even BEEN at SDCC before, and Basic Fun's singular SDCC exclusive was . . . a My Little Pony.  If MLPs weren't selling well why would that be the exclusive, you know?

But yeah, the Target reset definitely spooks people too.  The toy shelves suddenly go bare because (understandably) they stop stocking toys b/c the more empty the shelves are beforehand the better.  Then, everything is chaos and toys are in the wrong place.  Then, they finally get things sorted out and the shelves are back to normal . . . until the NEXT time. ;)

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 06, 2019, 07:56:34 PM »
Thank you LadyMoondancer for posting about the Pound Puppies! I was able to find them at my Target and am thrilled! There is an insert inside the box that even shows newborn puppies--so cute!

My Target finally had all the unscented rainbow ponies, plus one Bubbles left. They were on sale for $8.49. The other Target I went to almost never has ponies--they hardly even have any G4s. They had one Pretty Parlor on clearance. Both Targets did have the Stranger Things ponies last month, but I didn't check if any are left.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2019, 06:13:59 AM »
Well, some people on Facebook were freaking out that Basic Fun wasn't displaying new ponies at SDCC, but Hasbro has never released new pony info at SDCC, I can't remember if Basic Fun has even BEEN at SDCC before, and Basic Fun's singular SDCC exclusive was . . . a My Little Pony.  If MLPs weren't selling well why would that be the exclusive, you know?

But yeah, the Target reset definitely spooks people too.  The toy shelves suddenly go bare because (understandably) they stop stocking toys b/c the more empty the shelves are beforehand the better.  Then, everything is chaos and toys are in the wrong place.  Then, they finally get things sorted out and the shelves are back to normal . . . until the NEXT time. ;)

I’ve been guilty about worrying when the shelves are empty at Target. :blush:  Not because I think Basic Fun has stopped making them but I worry my Target might not restock them. On my Target run last time I found a Bubbles and Butterscotch. I haven’t found the Pound Puppies yet.

I can see why Lemon Drop and the recolored Pretty Parlor has been cancelled since the Peachy/PP set has been sitting on shelves and not selling.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2019, 06:37:19 PM »
I was at a Target last week and they had no ponies. They said they have not gotten any new ones in for a month now!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:25 AM »
My Target restocked the 1st set of unscented Rainbows and Applejack's set. I was finally able to get Sunlight to complete my 1st Rainbow Ponies set.  :cheer:  Still no sign of Confetti or her friends. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 10, 2019, 10:47:24 AM »
I asked a friend if she'd look out for Sunbeam, Pinwheel or Confetti for my daughter.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #493 on: August 10, 2019, 11:39:44 AM »
I am excited for the first sighting of Pinwheel and Starflower. I feel like they will coincide with the Target reset over there, and once they appear there they can appear here too :D The French boxes said September and that's not far off - they must be due to appear in US stores soon, surely??

On another note, my JL is actually breeding Tickle. No word of a lie.

The last several visits have been like this:

#1 3 Tickles 3 Confettis
#2 2 Tickles, 1 Confetti
#3 3 Tickles, no Confetti

...Yesterday? 4 Tickles.

Is someone just sending all the Tickles to my store?

I know we never had them in the eighties so were long overdue, but it's getting a bit ridiculous now...makes me wonder if somewhere else in the UK has a Tickle shortage.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 12, 2019, 07:14:43 AM »
I went to a conference over the weekend and since there was a Target near the conference I decided to check for ponies.  I didn't see any but as people have been reporting toy changeups I decided to ask an employee.  He told me that they no longer carry the retro ponies.  So Layton, Utah people, you might have to check Riverdale.  I didn't make it to Riverdale to check there.  I might have to start ordering these online. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal