collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232955 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2019, 10:12:24 AM »
I'll be too busy to see the reset in action so let's hope they restock everything along with moving stuff around!
I can't wait to see the G4 shelf scrunched even more.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 27, 2019, 10:31:54 AM »
I was wondering what was going on. The only ones I've seen (aside from Stranger Things Apple Jack, which was with other ST merchandise) were at one Target in town and they were not in marked spots on the shelves, but were just kind of randomly placed on an end facing the back wall. It certainly gave me a large impression of "We're closing these out entirely.".

EDIT: I fixed a strange embarrassing error in what I called "Stranger Things".  :blush:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:56:37 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 28, 2019, 08:51:23 AM »
Well potentially a bit of good news for the UK. Argos appears to have picked up the unipegs. They're not on the website but their picture appears in the autumn/winter catalogue.

My localish Toymaster doesn't have them nor do they appear to be restocking the Rainbows. :(

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Well potentially a bit of good news for the UK. Argos appears to have picked up the unipegs. They're not on the website but their picture appears in the autumn/winter catalogue.

My localish Toymaster doesn't have them nor do they appear to be restocking the Rainbows. :(

That's interesting. Not wholly surprising, either, since they had the collector ponies. Stores seem to be doing either the collector/classic/unipeg type stuff or the rainbow line. I think they did say rainbows would be in fewer stores here, so I guess the unipegs were more popular at the toy fair. They have a lower price point and also they're, well, a set with four unicorns in...so I guess it was a winner...?

Good to know though :)
They are still on Smyths' website but still showing as out of stock...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2019, 05:28:00 PM »
Minor news, but popping this in here so everyone has a chance to see it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0eFd7KAXiL/

So it would appear that Basic Fun has semi-officially nixed the Lemondrop parlour v.2, and instead they're hoping to offer up "something great" for next year. Hmmmm....

And something new for Target around October, maybe a for-real-on-purpose exclusive? I'm going to have to start hoarding little boxes again. ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:51:36 PM by BlushingBlue »

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2019, 06:26:50 PM »
All 5 of the targets by me have cleared the retro shelves and no longer have the basic fun ponies! Is anyone else experiencing this?! I still need tickle and flutterbye! And just last week I saw a non scented moonstone, but now the shelves do not even have the upc tags! I hope the line isn’t ending. I wanted pinwheel and starflower, and many more!

They did a major refurb of my local Target and moved everything around. I don't see the retro endcap anymore.

It's time for the fall toy reset so that's why things are empty and being moved.

It might also lead to the first sightings of Pinwheel and Starflower.  Seems likely they will reach the US first...

I haven't even seen Confetti & friends in real life yet! :(
I'm in the US btw.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2019, 01:16:55 AM »
Ugh, more Target exclusives, sigh. How to really annoy international collectors...

I guess we'll see if this one travels. G4 ones generally do, but this isn't Hasbro so who knows. It also depends what it is though...

I think that Confetti's set are meant officially to be coming out over the summer. But they have shipped early to some places. In any case we were told earlier in the year that it would be June/July but some might appear sooner. As it turned out we had them in the UK in mid-march - but not in all areas.

In any case, the UK have done all the stuff backwards and operate a 'rainbows first' policy. We've not had Bow Tie's set and we only just got the unipeg set this month - but we've had the y3 Rainbows for months. My JL is actually breeding Tickle, because the moment they sell one, more appear. Just Tickle, note. I haven't seen Trickles or Flutterbye in store for ages and there's only one Confetti now, out of three that were on shelf last week. In any case I keep checking in case the missing unicorns show up before I move, but I am not too hopeful.

I would expect the y3 rainbows to be more widespread stateside now. You guys get ponies in the more logical release order. We had the first scented rainbows before the collector ponies and now the y3 ones before the unipegs...but normal release order should have the y3 rainbows on shelves about now...

If it means next autumn as in 2020, it also suggests we can look forward to another year of BF ponies. But it also might be the grand finale. It will be sad if LD herself doesn't come out - I wouldn't mind betting she could be the Target exclusive as a pony on her own, but we'll see...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2019, 07:31:25 AM »
Minor news, but popping this in here so everyone has a chance to see it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0eFd7KAXiL/

So it would appear that Basic Fun has semi-officially nixed the Lemondrop parlour v.2, and instead they're hoping to offer up "something great" for next year. Hmmmm....

And something new for Target around October, maybe a for-real-on-purpose exclusive? I'm going to have to start hoarding little boxes again. ;)

Curious to see what they've got, but I wish they'd branch out to other stores.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »

What if the exclusive is a big multipack of Flutter Ponies? Stores, including Target, tend to have big multi packs during fall/winter to capitalize one the holiday season.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
I’d love to see flutter ponies. :) I’ve seen a lot of Applejacks and Bubbles but no sign of Confetti’s set at my Target.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2019, 06:47:36 PM »

What if the exclusive is a big multipack of Flutter Ponies? Stores, including Target, tend to have big multi packs during fall/winter to capitalize one the holiday season.

That'd be awesome! Wouldn't it be great if we could get the unmade Flutter Hideaway too? :inlove:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »

What if the exclusive is a big multipack of Flutter Ponies? Stores, including Target, tend to have big multi packs during fall/winter to capitalize on the holiday season.

Oh, that could be it. If it's just a bundle pack of ponies that could be bought singly, then I doubt there will be much demand from non-US collectors.

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2019, 09:00:01 PM »
Well, don’t believe the excludive may be a Flutter set, since Basic Fun seems to have scrapped them as well as the Lemon Drop set  :cry:
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »
Not MLP, but I spotted a new Basic Fun toy on the retro end cap today:

They are sooo cute!  And I'm tempted . . . so tempted . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2019, 11:14:59 PM »
Well, don’t believe the excludive may be a Flutter set, since Basic Fun seems to have scrapped them as well as the Lemon Drop set  :cry:

Did they say they were scrapped?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal