collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233066 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #420 on: July 24, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
Why aren't the Unicorns and Pegasus on the website? That's ridiculous to put the older ones, Earths and ST AJ  out, but not those.

What webpage?

Target's website.

Nm they finally do. Hooray! Now I can get Moondancer and Sunbeam. Took em long enough.

Yay! Glad they're finally accessible to you!! Patience pays off!

@LBS - maybe the delay is to do with repackaging them. Your boxes are bilingual, right? If Canada has special packaging it makes sense that it might take longer..? Over here we just have the US ones and only sometimes do they even bother to put the UK distributor address on the box (on the 2nd set of rainbows, yes, on the unipegs, no...)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 24, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
Yah I was gonna say..
They have been there but don't really show up bc out of stock. You have to search outside of targets page to get them.

I think somewhere on our 2nd mega thread there are links to all of them :p but would be a pain to dig thru that...

Really? Ugh. How aggravating.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 24, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:35:47 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #423 on: July 24, 2019, 05:05:44 PM »
Didn't the Unicorn / Pegasus set get replaced with the Seashell / Bow Tie set?  IIRC the Collector ponies, uni/peg, and sitting pony / turned head ponies all had the same DCPI #.

My local Targets did have the unicorns / pegasi, but for a VERY short time because they had so many Collector ponies to get through first.  I think that happens a lot with second waves.  (Like the 2nd set of adult sea ponies, second set of TAFs, etc.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 24, 2019, 05:20:19 PM »
Didn't the Unicorn / Pegasus set get replaced with the Seashell / Bow Tie set?  IIRC the Collector ponies, uni/peg, and sitting pony / turned head ponies all had the same DCPI #.

My local Targets did have the unicorns / pegasi, but for a VERY short time because they had so many Collector ponies to get through first.  I think that happens a lot with second waves.  (Like the 2nd set of adult sea ponies, second set of TAFs, etc.)

seashell is 086-00-2489 https://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-seashell/-/A-53938031
so that doesn't overlap a number...

I don't wanna look them all up XD

There's something about the codes being the same and that's why it won't show "in stock" in any stores...

maybe the upc is better to list?

although I wanna add-- just because it's on that site, doesn't mean it'll pop up for sale there...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:24:04 PM by banditpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 24, 2019, 05:23:42 PM »
Yeah I noticed that too. It bums me, because I wanted a notification about Sunbeam for my daughter.

Thank you for the links Bandit. They're very much appreciated. :hug:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 24, 2019, 05:28:15 PM »
They have individual numbers, but I believe the overall number for the set(s) is the same.  At one point I contacted the manager of my local Target to ask (beg, ha ha) him to order the unicorns / pegasi and he basically said he couldn't because Target had given the same DPCI to both sets.  They still had a bunch of Collector ponies in their backroom, and the store wouldn't auto-order more until that stock was depleted.  And by the time they WERE depleted, the 3rd wave (sitting ponies set) was nearly available.

Hope that makes sense.

Basically, I think the unicorn/peg wave is gone from the US at this point.  But it sounds like it's just arriving in the UK.  Maybe some UKers will be willing to trade a unicorn / pegasus for a ST Applejack or something.

Edit:  To put it another way, I think at any given time Target is only stocking two sets, and reusing two overall DPCIs over and over.  (Not including the Pretty Parlor / ST Applejack which are their own thing.)   One set went like so:  Collector Ponies --> Unicorn/Pegasus --> Bow Tie & Seashell set.  The other set went like:  1st set Rainbow ponies --> 2nd set Rainbow ponies.   Sometimes they do find old stock in the backrooms though (like a Target near me just put out two scented 1st set Rainbow ponies!), so it's still worth checking.  It is true that each individual pony has her own DPCI number on top of that, though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:33:51 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 24, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Yeah I noticed that too. It bums me, because I wanted a notification about Sunbeam for my daughter.

You could get it from Amazon? It's only an extra $3?

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Fun-Little-Pony-Collection/dp/B07GT82LGZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=885561352528&qid=1564014582&s=gateway&sr=8-1

They have individual numbers, but I believe the overall number for the set(s) is the same.  At one point I contacted the manager of my local Target to ask (beg, ha ha) him to order the unicorns / pegasi and he basically said he couldn't because Target had given the same DPCI to both sets.  They still had a bunch of Collector ponies in their backroom, and the store wouldn't auto-order more until that stock was depleted.  And by the time they WERE depleted, the 3rd wave (sitting ponies set) was nearly available.

Hope that makes sense.

Yeah, it makes sense. that's why it won't say in stock in any store. but online, they seem to be identified with the individual number.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:33:28 PM by banditpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2019, 05:57:24 PM »

You could get it from Amazon? It's only an extra $3?

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Fun-Little-Pony-Collection/dp/B07GT82LGZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=885561352528&qid=1564014582&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Hope that makes sense.

Yeah, it makes sense. that's why it won't say in stock in any store. but online, they seem to be identified with the individual number.

Yeah I may have too. But it burns me because the Moondancer I almost ordered was nearly 20 with SnH. And Sunbeam seems to go for even more. I didn't think she was that popular.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2019, 08:25:49 AM »
Let's all pause for a moment and marvel that the first Basic Fun / Bridge Direct ponies were spotted on shelves not that long ago--January 2018. 

Two years ago a rerelease of an officially licensed G1 pony seemed totally impossible.  And now we have so many of them, produced in just a year and a half.  It's amazing and awesome.

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2019, 09:00:51 PM »
All 5 of the targets by me have cleared the retro shelves and no longer have the basic fun ponies! Is anyone else experiencing this?! I still need tickle and flutterbye! And just last week I saw a non scented moonstone, but now the shelves do not even have the upc tags! I hope the line isn’t ending. I wanted pinwheel and starflower, and many more!

They did a major refurb of my local Target and moved everything around. I don't see the retro endcap anymore.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2019, 09:07:21 PM »
 yes our boxes are bilingual - though the scented Rainbows I have are the international versions... my Collectors Blossom and Butterscotch have stickers with French but that's all.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2019, 05:38:03 AM »
Let's all pause for a moment and marvel that the first Basic Fun / Bridge Direct ponies were spotted on shelves not that long ago--January 2018. 

Two years ago a rerelease of an officially licensed G1 pony seemed totally impossible.  And now we have so many of them, produced in just a year and a half.  It's amazing and awesome.

Agreed!! XD I feel so spoiled.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #433 on: July 27, 2019, 05:40:05 AM »
All 5 of the targets by me have cleared the retro shelves and no longer have the basic fun ponies! Is anyone else experiencing this?! I still need tickle and flutterbye! And just last week I saw a non scented moonstone, but now the shelves do not even have the upc tags! I hope the line isn’t ending. I wanted pinwheel and starflower, and many more!

They did a major refurb of my local Target and moved everything around. I don't see the retro endcap anymore.

It's time for the fall toy reset so that's why things are empty and being moved.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #434 on: July 27, 2019, 07:43:04 AM »

It's time for the fall toy reset so that's why things are empty and being moved.

It might also lead to the first sightings of Pinwheel and Starflower.  Seems likely they will reach the US first...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal