collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233058 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #300 on: July 02, 2019, 01:22:48 AM »

(If they were doing international stuff, given they have the parlour mould, they could also just do the Kitchen - but I don't think that will happen).

Dream come true! I would love to see the kitchen released! The schoolhouse even more so, but that is maybe even more unrealistic.  I am a teacher so I have this thing for toys and playsets that encourage education  :thumb: I would get them both though, but I really dont think they will release them. They didn’t really come with ponies (did they?), and I don’t think BF would release just a playset without any pony. Not sure if that would sell today, especially since the playsets are not iconic like DC.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2019, 04:50:57 AM »
oh no ! my star shine is discolouring ! :( (she is scented ) going yellow round the neck and splotches by ears and symbols what to do !???

and my sun light !!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:08:42 AM by Aflame »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2019, 05:03:19 AM »

(If they were doing international stuff, given they have the parlour mould, they could also just do the Kitchen - but I don't think that will happen).

Dream come true! I would love to see the kitchen released! The schoolhouse even more so, but that is maybe even more unrealistic.  I am a teacher so I have this thing for toys and playsets that encourage education  :thumb: I would get them both though, but I really dont think they will release them. They didn’t really come with ponies (did they?), and I don’t think BF would release just a playset without any pony. Not sure if that would sell today, especially since the playsets are not iconic like DC.

No, kitchen and school didn't have ponies. I think the school was going to, because of all the lady lesson stuff, but it ultimately didn't happen. But then nor did the brush me beautiful boutique stateside, but the lemon drop parlour plan seems pretty much an evolution of that. I am not sure playsets follow the same rules as the ponies.

But I also don't think they'll do those sets because of all the tiny accessories. Even if they weren't international release only.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2019, 08:09:19 AM »
Yeah, even if the outer shell to the Kitchen is basically the same as Pretty Parlor, the many accessories are unique to it, and there's been some modifications to the building itself too (new door and floor part). At that point it's probably better to put the resources into something else. As fun as it would be to see the Kitchen (especially if they also made an edition in its prototype colors), it's not what Basic Fun is about right now. They're focusing on the most iconic ponies/playsets that people are likely to remember. The kitchen is a bit obscure, being exclusive to Europe and released when the G1 line was nearing its end.

It's sad that playsets seem like such a difficult sell. I'm hoping to see them attempt at least some smaller ones like the Baby Buggy or maybe even the Baby Bonnet School of Dance. Then again, if they do make the first baby pony set with their accessories, that is kind of like a small playset in itself.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »
Lemon Drop might have had a chance if they hadn't screwed it up by selling her with her actual playset. This and the insistence on Target exclusives are the only things Basic Fun has done to annoy the heck out of me. I would have loved the Show Stable.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:34:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2019, 08:26:15 AM »
oh no ! my star shine is discolouring ! :( (she is scented ) going yellow round the neck and splotches by ears and symbols what to do !???

and my sun light !!!

She's probably still in stock, maybe ask for an exchange or return

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 02, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
Lemon Drop might have had a chance if they hadn't screwed it up by selling her with her actual playset. This and the insistence on Target exclusives are the only things Basic Fun has done to annoy the heck out of me. I would have loved the Show Stable.

I don’t think this is a case of these being “Target exclusive.”  Target usually puts a sticker on  things that are meant to be exclusive to them.   Plus Walmart had the collector ponies over the holidays.   This is a case of other stores simply choosing not to carry these.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #307 on: July 02, 2019, 10:34:50 AM »
I opened one of the Year 3 Rainbow pony retros yesterday (Confetti).  Her hair is so silky and soft!  Also they are no longer putting product in the forelocks like they did with the Year 2 Rainbow ponies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2019, 12:03:31 PM »
I am in WNY and I was able to pick up the Stranger Thing's pony yesterday. When I was talking to a few people at Target they said that everything starts on the West Coast and trickles East, so if we have them now then everyone should. Just thought folks might like to know :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2019, 12:17:41 PM »
I posted this on the other thread- but someone posted on another board that the stores were only slotted to get 6 ponies each- no way of knowing how accurate this info is. 

I hope it was a misunderstanding since I know the Rainbow ponies came in a case of 6, so maybe they thought they only got one case?

Hopefully the Targets will restock...  there are a lot of people (non-MLP people included) looking for these...  there is a lot of Stranger Things merch on Target.com (including the backpack) so hopefully the ponies will join.

If you were waiting for a deal on Peachy's Parlor-  the online price is now only $9.10 - which is actually considerably lower than the store price (at least at my store) https://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-retro-pretty-parlor-playset-figure/-/A-53442445

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »

and my sun light !!!

She's probably still in stock, maybe ask for an exchange or return

I got them a while and i have no receipt plus I'm in the UK I have sent a message to basic fun but not heard back yet :/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 02, 2019, 01:12:20 PM »

I don’t think this is a case of these being “Target exclusive.”  Target usually puts a sticker on  things that are meant to be exclusive to them.   Plus Walmart had the collector ponies over the holidays.   This is a case of other stores simply choosing not to carry these.

And have you seen any other place selling the rest of these since TrU kacked it? I sure haven't.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »

And have you seen any other place selling the rest of these since TrU kacked it? I sure haven't.

On the one hand I understand the frustration if you don't have that store nearby. But on the other hand you guys do at least know where you're likely to find ponies. It's so much a lottery here as to what is going to show up in what store and on what timeline. Although the treasure hunt is somewhat fun, it's also frustrating. John Lewis is probably the most consistent but there are a lot of places in the country that don't have a JL or their JL isn't stocking them.

At least now Smyths is starting to get them it's a step up, and some Toymasters have the CP set still, but it would be great if both Smyths and Entertainer were stocking them properly as they're the main toy stores and most places have at least one around somewhere I think.

...Yeah, I just want my Medley :P

I am annoyed by the ST thing and the US only release, but it may well be the fault of the international distributer. My sister said that the DVDs she got for ST were only ever sold in Target too, so there's clearly a relationship going on there that we just don't have (not having Target stores). :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2019, 02:57:38 PM »
Probably one case of six for their initial shipment (for the Stranger Things pony).  They started the Collector ponies that way too.  I'm sure each store will be getting more than six total.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2019, 03:30:28 PM »

That's not Basic Fun's fault or even in their control. They haven't "done" anything to make the retros exclusive to Target. (Neither has Target!) It's all just down to which retailer agrees to purchase them from BF and sell them to us. So far, only Target has really stepped up, although Nordstrom carried the unipegs briefly and Cracker Barrel has (had?) the 1st wave rainbows. (BF says Walmart is a supplier as well but...) I'm sure Basic Fun would be happy to have more places order the retro ponies, but they can't force their way onto the shelves. :shrug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal