collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233082 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »
Why the heck is that Pretty Parlor selling so poorly!? :blink: It’s my favorite thing that BF has done... I was hoping they might do a Dream Castle if it did well. :P

Peachy. O.O.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2019, 04:16:06 PM »
My Target has put the Pretty Parlor Peachy set on clearance. This worries me slightly that they might not order more Basic Fun ponies. I couldn't find any of the retro ponies either except the ST Applejack.

I'm so excited that Medley's set has been spotted in the UK :cheer: :cheer:

Ponyfan

I doubt they would stop the single ponies since those actually seem to sell. However them phasing out the big playset doesn't bode well for any other playsets to get a release.

Hmm. Wasn't Lemondrop supposed to come out with a playset?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »
My niece received her ponies and pretty parlor playset in the mail and she loved it! My sister keeps sending me videos of her playing with them. She likes organizing the items in the parlor and also tucking all the ponies into little beds that she made. I still have a Moondancer I need to send her, too.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2019, 08:09:11 PM »
Aww! :3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
EXCITING NEWS!!!!
I found the Pretty Parlour with Peachy at TRU Canada for 26.99

:party: Yay!!! So exciting! Keep em coming TRU! Of course I already got mine from the US but I'm tempted to get another so I can have one in box and one out of box. And of course to support Canadian sales so they order the next few waves. I wish it didn't take so long for things to show up here. It's always so risky deciding to wait for them or go ahead and get them from the US.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2019, 06:46:53 AM »
EXCITING NEWS!!!!
I found the Pretty Parlour with Peachy at TRU Canada for 26.99

:party: Yay!!! So exciting! Keep em coming TRU! Of course I already got mine from the US but I'm tempted to get another so I can have one in box and one out of box. And of course to support Canadian sales so they order the next few waves. I wish it didn't take so long for things to show up here. It's always so risky deciding to wait for them or go ahead and get them from the US.

Yeah there were no retro ponies or shelf tags for them, just the Parlours.  I am hoping in the next few months, the other waves will finally make it to us.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2019, 08:47:01 AM »
Awesome news for Canadian folk :D I hope this means you guys are catching up too. Maybe it just takes a really long time to print out bilingual boxes or something?

I did a sweep of toymasters in the area this morning, but nothing new there :/ Impatient for unipegs but will have to wait.

Was a fun adventure though, figuring out how to get between locations on public transport :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »
So... How hard/expensive is it to find those unscented Rainbow Ponies at this point?

Why the heck is that Pretty Parlor selling so poorly!? :blink: It’s my favorite thing that BF has done... I was hoping they might do a Dream Castle if it did well. :P

Peachy. O.O.

But... but... Peachy is so cute and lovable! :cry:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
So... How hard/expensive is it to find those unscented Rainbow Ponies at this point?

Peachy. O.O.

O.o.

More like an invading army of peach and pink...no matter how many times you give her away, you still end up with six more than you started with O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »

Peachy. O.O.

O.o.

More like an invading army of peach and pink...no matter how many times you give her away, you still end up with six more than you started with O.o.

Somehow, I have never had an actual G1 Peachy. XD

But in any case, the average person buying the pony for nostalgia or to give to a child wouldn’t know about her... ubiquity. So unless collectors are actually the majority market, why is the Parlor still shelfwarming?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2019, 09:51:49 AM »

Peachy. O.O.

O.o.

Somehow, I have never had an actual G1 Peachy. XD

Then you do not understand the horror she brings!

In seriousness, I imagine it's also price point. It's probably easier to justify a pony for $10 than a set for $25 - even more so here where the costs are higher.  Especially in this modern world of "toys doing stuff" rather than "kids having imagination".
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2019, 11:16:57 AM »
Especially in this modern world of "toys doing stuff" rather than "kids having imagination".

It's not right for a child to have an imagination.  Soon they might start getting ideas and thinking....

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2019, 01:44:53 PM »
Especially in this modern world of "toys doing stuff" rather than "kids having imagination".

It's not right for a child to have an imagination.  Soon they might start getting ideas and thinking....

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Gasp, heaven forbid...

Though from the label I saw stuck on the bus stop this morning, I think it's the adults we have to worry about more (sigh).

In any case, I had the parlour as a kid, and Peachy, second hand. So I never had it from new in the box and never got to put it together and stuff myself BUT...the thought of having another Peachy in my collection just makes me walk right on past the box xD. The grooming parlour (as we call it) is still pretty common second hand here loose as well. I suppose it maybe isn't hitting the right market. It's probably something that should sell around Christmas more than right at the moment when people are planning/going on holiday.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2019, 02:28:07 PM »
Went to a few stores while out of town and had no luck! One of the Targets restocked the main six again!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:45 PM »
I finally made it back to Target -  one pony (the other sitting one not Bubbles) and 1 peachy house- on clearance.  No ST AJ (which is what I wanted).

I didn't see any of the second wave of rainbows either-  but the shelves looked pretty clear so hopefully everything is just selling well.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:41:06 PM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal