collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232963 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2019, 02:14:38 PM »
Anyone else's scented rainbow ponies starting to discolor? My Moonstone is yellowing really badly but the other two I got from that wave look perfectly fine still.   :pout:
I've been seeing discolored rainbows on the shelf since they got put up! I notice Moonstone gets it particularly bad, I had to pass up on several before I found a good quality one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2019, 02:15:49 PM »
ETA -
getting husband to order Glory etc online for me YAY!!!

You realise that doesn't count when it comes to finding them in stores, right? XD Just because I haven't forgotten the challenge xD.

Ah yes, I remember too,  :P but note: I am waiting to see if I can get Medley in-store  :ninja: and post photos of the shelf display  :biggrin:

I have lost faith in JL getting them any time soon and just wanted the white ones asap - and my kid wants Twilight - plus the decent price on Amazon Prime made me go for it !  :angel:

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2019, 02:55:31 PM »
Anyone else's scented rainbow ponies starting to discolor? My Moonstone is yellowing really badly but the other two I got from that wave look perfectly fine still.   :pout:
I've been seeing discolored rainbows on the shelf since they got put up! I notice Moonstone gets it particularly bad, I had to pass up on several before I found a good quality one.
Good to know I'm not just unlucky! I guess I'll just have to live with a discolored pony and hope the other two don't end up the same way

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »
Aren't they wayyyy more online?
No? :what: The scented Rainbows and Earth ponies are $9.99 from Target.com, and the Uni/Peg and Collector ponies are mostly between $10-13 on Amazon. (And Amazon even has a sale going on the scented Rainbow 5-pack for $30 which is really cheap IMO.) Only the 2nd edition Rainbows aren't available for retail online yet, but if you count the Arena as "online" then they're also just cost+shipping. ;)

My English-boxed Moonstone yellowed horribly within weeks of buying her, but my bilingual-boxed Moonstone is still fine. But my bilingual-boxed Parasol did yellow (although not as bad) and her scent turned really gross and sour. :X I replaced her and Sunlight with their unscented versions. Windy and the pegs are all okay... for now. It's really a crapshoot, unfortunately.

I was never interested in the P&C babies or their little accessories, so I'm glad I'll have some breathing room in which to buy all the TEs next year. (Theoretically!) That is, assuming I can find a place to put all of them... :lookround:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2019, 05:09:43 PM »
ETA -
getting husband to order Glory etc online for me YAY!!!

You realise that doesn't count when it comes to finding them in stores, right? XD Just because I haven't forgotten the challenge xD.

Ah yes, I remember too,  :P but note: I am waiting to see if I can get Medley in-store  :ninja: and post photos of the shelf display  :biggrin:

Haha yes!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2019, 12:57:42 PM »
Yes two of mine are starting to discolor on them also. And they have not been removed from there boxes either nor sat in the sun! :(

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:31 AM »
I think you an clean the scent out. I see only my Starshine got a more yellow head while her body is still pure white.
I am thinking on trying oxy clean and sunfade the head.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2019, 05:01:00 AM »
I think all the ponies that are available in stores in the UK to date are still available online but predominately through Amazon. CP set, and both sets of Rainbows except I can't find Tickle being sold by Amazon itself. And now the unipegs on preorder. Other stores though it's mostly just the CP unless it's a private store...

Whereas there are huge areas of this country where they don't seem to be stocking some sets well on shelves :/ Rainbows are really patchy in stores.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2019, 07:21:24 AM »
Is there anyplace online to buy the UNscented Wave 1 Rainbows in the U.S.? All this talk of discoloration has scared me off of buying the scented ones. :( Such a shame, as I tend to really like scented toys...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline ranka

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:56 AM »
My husband got a 25 euro giftcard to Amazon.de but he doesn't want to use amazon so he gave it to me to buy retro ponies with. 😁💖 too bad they don't have Moondancer, she is the one I want most. 😢

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
Is there anyplace online to buy the UNscented Wave 1 Rainbows in the U.S.? All this talk of discoloration has scared me off of buying the scented ones. :( Such a shame, as I tend to really like scented toys...

Cracker Barrel is stocking the unscented Rainbow ponies in their restaurants/stores but I couldn't find them online. I'm going end up with 3 scented and 3 unscented unless I buy another set of unscented Rainbow Ponies.

Still no sign of new ponies at my local Target store and the space where they  should be has other stuff on the shelves although the MLP tags remain. I mangaged to look up Applejack through the Target app while I was in store and it said "Out of Stock" instead of "Not sold in store" Does this mean that there might be a new shipment of retro ponies on the way?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »

Cracker Barrel is stocking the unscented Rainbow ponies in their restaurants/stores but I couldn't find them online. I'm going end up with 3 scented and 3 unscented unless I buy another set of unscented Rainbow Ponies.

Still no sign of new ponies at my local Target store and the space where they  should be has other stuff on the shelves although the MLP tags remain. I mangaged to look up Applejack through the Target app while I was in store and it said "Out of Stock" instead of "Not sold in store" Does this mean that there might be a new shipment of retro ponies on the way?

Ponyfan

My Target has the new ones in stock but online it shows “not sold in this store”. I don’t get how they keep inventory of them because of this difference.

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »

Ponyfan

My Target has the new ones in stock but online it shows “not sold in this store”. I don’t get how they keep inventory of them because of this difference.

It says that for all targets, for most ponies.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2019, 10:57:25 AM »
I've found my unscented first-set Rainbow ponies at Target.  But it does depend on your individual Target . . . I guess my advice would be to check with all your nearby local Targets.  You can call them up first.  Just be very specific about asking the employees to look at the box for the word "scented".
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2019, 11:10:43 AM »
I'm hoping I'll start finding them at flea markets this year (but I feel like it's too soon!)

I am worried I missed my opportunity for seashell.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal