collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233018 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »
I don't really care if they come with their accessories. My daughter would at least want the bottles though.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2019, 09:30:41 AM »
I'm slightly jealous of everyone who's Target is still restocking these. I'm about to give up as my two Target stores have only had Collector Ponies and Pretty Parlors on the shelves

It sucks that your area isn't getting these :( Time to resort to online??
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2019, 09:41:53 AM »
If they do the Babies, how do you think the price will go? I'm assuming they might skip out on a lot of accessories (maybe keep the fabric diaper because all that requires is a cut and a hem and velcro vs making a whole new mold), and their smaller size makes me think that they're either going to be around $5 each or they'll just bundle two to three together.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2019, 11:25:06 AM »
If they do the Babies, how do you think the price will go? I'm assuming they might skip out on a lot of accessories (maybe keep the fabric diaper because all that requires is a cut and a hem and velcro vs making a whole new mold), and their smaller size makes me think that they're either going to be around $5 each or they'll just bundle two to three together.

I would go for bundles with limited/no accessories.  Though it might be nice to have singles as an option, too, in case you only want a specific baby. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2019, 11:34:14 AM »
Hopefully singles. We really just want Babies Surprise, Glory and Moondancer. She might want Baby Firefly.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2019, 11:52:00 AM »
They're thinking of Baby Glory, Baby Cotton Candy etc (for now).  At least, I know of them buying those ones.  :)  Will they actually go into production?   I hope so!   

Baby CC - ah classic, adorable! I hope they really do go into production - I would buy multiples for sure! (As I have for Confetti lol)

Ooh, a Baby Glory unicorn mould - perfect to dye and customise as a cheeky wee Baby Gypsy - and not feel guilty!  :lol:

ETA -
getting husband to order Glory etc online for me YAY!!!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2019, 01:44:24 PM »
I'm slightly jealous of everyone who's Target is still restocking these. I'm about to give up as my two Target stores have only had Collector Ponies and Pretty Parlors on the shelves

It sucks that your area isn't getting these :( Time to resort to online??

Maybe. I’ve heard some bad stories about ordering them from Target.com though including the boxes having huge stickers on them that difficult to remove.

I forgot about the diaper. That would be really easy for Basic Fun to recreate . I’d love to see more than one baby pony in the package. I imagine that the larger accessories would be eliminated as well as the Baby necklaces.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:49:30 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2019, 02:16:59 PM »
I was just at Target today, I can't believe how hit and miss these are being stocked, haha...we seemed to have skipped From Collector Pose, right over the Unicorns/Pegs set and the Earth ponies, to the rainbows...and they have BOTH scented and unscented ones mixed in together.

For Cali collectors:  Turlock, CA has 3 or more of the Pretty Parlor and multiples of both sets of rainbows, the 1st set a few are scented and a few are unscented versions.

The really weird part?  According to the Target app and website, these are *not sold* at that store; so DON'T go off what the app and website say for availability, you might miss out!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:22:43 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2019, 04:29:12 PM »
I finally got my hands on a Moondancer but I had to resort to Amazon to order her. She is lovely! I only saw the unicorn / pegasus wave just once in my area at Target. It's all been collector ponies and the first wave of rainbow ponies. The latest wave of rainbow ponies showed up but they got snapped up pretty quickly. I did manage to pick up a Flutterbye - she's really pretty!! Looking at the chatter about the possibility of Twinkle Eye ponies - I'd want to get my hands on a Gingerbread and a Fizzy!!!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2019, 11:43:37 PM »
ETA -
getting husband to order Glory etc online for me YAY!!!

You realise that doesn't count when it comes to finding them in stores, right? XD Just because I haven't forgotten the challenge xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2019, 04:05:00 AM »
Aren't they wayyyy more online?

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2019, 05:15:19 AM »
I forgot about the diaper. That would be really easy for Basic Fun to recreate . I’d love to see more than one baby pony in the package. I imagine that the larger accessories would be eliminated as well as the Baby necklaces.

Aren't the accessories a big part of what people from the US remember the early baby ponies for though? Considering Basic Fun seem to target nostalgics, especially from a US perspective. In Europe we had most early babies sold on card with just a bottle, so things are different here. But as has been said, the retro line is very US-centric.

With Peachy and her parlor they mostly omitted the fabric and cardboard accessories. However, with Lemon Drop we've seen that they're also willing to make big compromises with the nostalgia to keep the item at a lower price point.

I guess it depends on what price point they want the babies to be. Lower, higher or the same price as adults. I think Basic Fun has been considering how to handle them for some time since we've had 5 sets of adult ponies (6 counting the upcoming flutters), and not a single baby pony has been announced so far.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »
In the UK we had them only with the accessories ( but only cotton c, blossom and AJ and then the 4 the next year). But considering they have shifted things with Lemon Drop...I think they could do it again.

The idea of packs of 2 or a gift set might be nice. Though now I want newborn twins o.o

I imagine it is the accessory issue that has kept them to the working on it stage for this long.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2019, 07:19:46 AM »
Aren't they wayyyy more online?
Oh for sure, most of the new ones are. I think some scalpers are drowning in the CP ponies, though, and I thiink the scented rainbows are readily avaliable online, and most people (in the US at least) have gotten them if they wanted them?
EDIT: Nvm. Applejack and Seashell are both on Target's website avaliable for 2-day shipping for $10. I searched around but couldn't find Bubbles or Bowtie yet.
The World's Smallest MLP are also avaliable there. For retail price.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:48:49 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2019, 12:59:31 PM »
Anyone else's scented rainbow ponies starting to discolor? My Moonstone is yellowing really badly but the other two I got from that wave look perfectly fine still.   :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal