collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233146 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »
Yes. I was agreeing with you..

With the exception to any reasoning due to cost.

Good :D Here's some cookies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »
At my local target I've only seen the original 6, the rainbow ponies, and the wave with Glory. Still haven't gotten the second earth pony wave or the second rainbow wave. I want the second rainbow ponies already since I think I want a few but I always need to see them in person first  :huh:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2019, 03:16:36 AM »
I daren't go into J.L. because if I see them in person I will probably end up getting all of them!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2019, 03:24:11 AM »
I daren't go into J.L. because if I see them in person I will probably end up getting all of them!

Go! ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2019, 03:14:40 PM »
I'm not sure how seriously to take this but I happened to be looking at Basic Fun's Facebook page and someone asked about retro Baby Ponies. Someone with Basic Fun replied "working on it"  Maybe this means we'll see baby ponies?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »
I'm not sure how seriously to take this but I happened to be looking at Basic Fun's Facebook page and someone asked about retro Baby Ponies. Someone with Basic Fun replied "working on it"  Maybe this means we'll see baby ponies?

Ponyfan

Yeesh, how many ideas do they have in the pipeline here? Are they really going to extend the licence or are these all on the planning room table waiting to be whittled down depending on reception from stores?

We still don't know if flutters are a go or not yet.

I rather imagine that TE would be...and so would babies, but then, babies with what accessories?
I am not really fussed either way on the early babies as most of my favourites didn't exist in the US and won't happen (Ribbon, Gusty, Lemon Drop) etc. But if they decided to make a regular baby shady I'd be up for it. I expect it would be glory, etc though...which is fine and I'd definitely buy them, but...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2019, 05:34:20 PM »
They're thinking of Baby Glory, Baby Cotton Candy etc (for now).  At least, I know of them buying those ones.  :)  Will they actually go into production?   I hope so!   

I'd love to see them with their accessories BUT . . . on the 2nd set of Rainbow ponies they cut back from "brush and comb" to "just comb".  Cutting back on the accessories may be a cost saving measure for them?

I've heard it takes almost as much money to create mold for an accessory as it does for an actual pony.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »
Just checking in here since my Target has had the same collectors and first wave rainbows forever. Looks like I'm missing out. :(

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
Went to two Targets today in search of the World's Smallest Ponies but checked the retro areas as well.
Closest Target has had the same ponies out for the past few weeks: Medley, Sunlight (Scented), Butterscotch, and Parasol (Scented). I feel bad for that Medley honestly..
Second closest Target was completely empty! At least I know the y3 Rainbows are moving off the shelf here?

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2019, 08:57:56 PM »
Went to two Targets today in search of the World's Smallest Ponies but checked the retro areas as well.
Closest Target has had the same ponies out for the past few weeks: Medley, Sunlight (Scented), Butterscotch, and Parasol (Scented). I feel bad for that Medley honestly..
Second closest Target was completely empty! At least I know the y3 Rainbows are moving off the shelf here?

It breaks my heart to know somewhere in the world is a store with an unwanted Medley in it and I can't grab her and take her home.

Yeah. I know. I'm predictable.

@LM - this is interesting. I am assuming the same facebook group as mentioned before is now stalking their purchases.

Yeah, I can imagine that it would be awkward to make all their accessories.

The cut back on the brush for the 2nd set Rainbow ponies has had zero impact on pricing of the set over here in Europe. In the UK, the rainbows have been £3 more expensive than the others since the start (it looks like Medley and co will be £9.99, like the collector ponies), so the price has been lumped on us (and especially other European countries which are even MORE expensive) rather than the US. I don't really know why it's that way but I guess it's something to do with import duty and the Rainbows are shouldering the bulk of that cost....

I mean, I can see that a Rainbow pony, with different colours in the hair and such, may be more expensive to make in general, but import duty is the only reason I can fathom why there's a price difference here and not there.

Frankly since it means I get to have Tickle and Flutterbye in UK shops for the first time ever, I can live with it, but if its a cost cutting exercise, not giving the 2nd set rainbows brushes, the costs haven't been transferred to the buyers here. They're still £12.99 and at £12.99 are flying off the shelves.

I am also actually fine with the ponies all coming with basic combs if need be. I have more twitch about the unipeg set having stickers on their brushes than the  fact the 2nd set Rainbows are missing their brushes. If they made babies, I guess they now have enough of a range of brushes and combs to pick one of those and use it. And as for other accessories - maybe they already have a viable bottle mould or something from another product (like they used the SSC cat and apparently dog instead of creating a real one).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2019, 02:09:42 AM »
My target never gets these so I stopped trying.  It sucks because I really wanted them and only found 2.

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2019, 05:52:51 AM »
Just to update UK collectors in the southwest (and possibly Wales)... Trago Mills has the scented rainbows in for £11.99 which is fantastic since the JL in Exeter doesn't have a toy department. :pout:

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2019, 06:50:52 AM »
I'm slightly jealous of everyone who's Target is still restocking these. I'm about to give up as my two Target stores have only had Collector Ponies and Pretty Parlors on the shelves and although the CP did finally disappear new ponies haven't appeared in their places. I've only see the unicorn/pegasus set twice and have yet to find the 2nd Earth Ponies set or the 2nd Rainbow set.

@LM that's very interesting that they've bought some of the G1 babies.

The prices are still the same here for all of the ponies, at least the ones I have seen at Target have always been $9.99 (at Cracker Barrel there is a slight price increase as they are $13.99)

If babies are made I think a bottle as an accessory is a good possibility as all of the early babies came with bottles and they could just make the ring on the bottle different colors.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2019, 07:12:52 AM »
Well I was able to find Seashell and Bubbles last week! :)

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2019, 07:26:48 AM »
Been anticipating baby ponies for a while now! If they make them I hope they come with most of their original accessories, but I'm fairly certain at least something would get cut (maybe blankets or diapers/diaper boxes). Then again, if they're sold without any accessories at all (except probably comb or brush) they'd be cheaper and make for great custom fodder. :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal