collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232804 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2019, 03:21:53 PM »
I love the Twinkle Eyed ponies. OMG, how amazing would it be if they remade Mimic?!?

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »
Oh wow, I would be over the moon to have a brand new, bright white Gingerbread! :frolic: If they're researching Gingerbread and Fizzy, then they're very likely to do Galaxy and Sweet(ie/Stuff) too.

I have to say, I'm really impressed by how ambitious Basic Fun are being with their reproductions. There's a lot of low-hanging fruit left in Y3. They could milk a lot more sets out of the manufacturing processes they've already put in place, but it seems like they're jumping right into Y4 with all new molds and gimmicks. I still kinda hope they circle back around and do a second U&P set, but if they only have a three-year license, I'm glad they're pushing to do later iconic sets. I didn't dare hope for repro So-Softs before, but now who knows...

In one of the other threads we were talking about how Galaxy always has coarse hair . . . If they make a new one I wonder if her hair will be silky.  I am soooo hoping so!

Now that you mention it, they haven't made any curly-haired ponies yet, have they? :wonder: It'll be interesting to see if that particular detail remains faithful to the original.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 11:59:51 PM »
TWINKLE EYES!!!! ohhhh i'm excited. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2019, 12:17:39 AM »
I love the Twinkle Eyed ponies. OMG, how amazing would it be if they remade Mimic?!?

Reality check here but if they need to buy the pony to make repros of the pony, then with Mimic's price tag, she's likely off the table.

I also want them to do the 2nd uni and peg set and I would also really like Cherries Jubilee as that set is way more iconic to my childhood than the earth set currently out. But I won't object to TEs. I just feel it's an opportunity with the U&P to fill a gap left here in the UK market in the eighties and it won't feel properly filled if Surprise and co don't get here as well.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2019, 06:40:56 AM »
We don't actually know if they're skipping the rest of Year 3 . . . If they're only now buying Twinkle Eyes, maybe there will be other sets that will come out first.  :)

Or they might not do the TEs at all, I mean all we know at this point is they bought a few of them.  With the inserted eyes, they'll have to make sure they aren't choking hazards.  The original 80s ones were in there ROCK SOLID, I've never seen a TE with a missing eye (unless it was on purpose for a custom), but will they be able to replicate that?

I hope so, because I do love the TEs.   :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
Oh poo, I did not think of that. Tootsie and Cherries Jubilee are two of the ponies I remember getting for Christmas, so I would love them to be released :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »

Reality check here but if they need to buy the pony to make repros of the pony, then with Mimic's price tag, she's likely off the table.

They could conceivably use Princess Sparkle for the body mold.  She's much more available than Mimic.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »
Princess Sparkle has a big hole in her butt for her gems.  But Milky Way would work!

Also I think they buy the ponies to get the colors down, as well as for the molds.   That said, if they started a little GoFundMe page to be able to afford Mimic, I'm sure they'd very quickly reach their goal, LOL.  I wonder if companies ever do things like that.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2019, 11:17:45 AM »

They could conceivably use Princess Sparkle for the body mold.  She's much more available than Mimic.

The TEs have special heads for the jewels right? A Mimic posed pony with a little tweaking, after studying the TE heads could work?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2019, 11:51:10 AM »
It is wonderful and just a little terrible that they keep coming with the gorgeous replica ponies- I want them all but really I don't have that kind of space-

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2019, 12:11:41 PM »

I hope so, because I do love the TEs.   :)

Me too, and so many of the originals now have plastic issues. I'd be so happy to buy some.

a shiny white Gingerbread instead...based on how white Confetti and Moondancer are, I am pretty sure she'd look stunning. Especially with her pink streak still pink.

I had an original Gingerbread like this with comb and ribbon but I sold her to a collector who likes perfect ponies more than me. But she was fantastic to look at but I didn't like touching her. If could get repro TEs I'd definitely like to have Gingerbread, Masquerade and maybe Fizzy and Sky Rocket as well. I'm sure it's been said but there was definitely a unicorn missing in the second set.

I'd love a Milky Way if only they made her in the Skyflier pose instead!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:30:20 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2019, 12:16:18 PM »
Princess Sparkle has a big hole in her butt for her gems.  But Milky Way would work!

Also I think they buy the ponies to get the colors down, as well as for the molds.   That said, if they started a little GoFundMe page to be able to afford Mimic, I'm sure they'd very quickly reach their goal, LOL.  I wonder if companies ever do things like that.

This is what I was thinking, not so much the pose but the accuracy of the pony. They've done well with that so far. I'd rather they didn't cut corners to produce a second rate version of Mimic.

...And this is off topic and totally disconnected from what we were saying but I would absolutely endorse them making a Milky Way ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2019, 07:19:55 AM »

This is what I was thinking, not so much the pose but the accuracy of the pony. They've done well with that so far. I'd rather they didn't cut corners to produce a second rate version of Mimic.

...And this is off topic and totally disconnected from what we were saying but I would absolutely endorse them making a Milky Way ;)

Alright, I’m scared to ask... But exactly how much is Mimic going for right now? :blink:

I also had a question about the licensing situation... If Basic Fun has the license for three years, how far into that are we now? Any hope they could extend or renew it?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2019, 07:29:24 AM »
I took a quick look on eBay and Mimic seems to be going between $85 and $130.  (A big range, I know.  She goes for less in auction than in Buy It Nows.)

Good question on the license, I hope they can renew it!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2019, 07:56:46 AM »
I think you guys are underestimating how much that company actually makes. $100 ain't bad as far as business expenses go.  :P

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal