collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 233095 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #915 on: February 13, 2020, 07:03:43 PM »
My Cracker Barrel still has a few unscented Rainbows. My Target usually has part of  Applejack's set and at least one 2nd series Rainbow.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 14, 2020, 08:39:41 AM »
Taffeta - wow, you've got the 3-packs over there? The only place I've ever seen those is Forbidden Planet, I had no idea they'd gotten a wide release in the UK. That's interesting.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #917 on: February 14, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »
Taffeta - wow, you've got the 3-packs over there? The only place I've ever seen those is Forbidden Planet, I had no idea they'd gotten a wide release in the UK. That's interesting.

Only down in the south east. Not around where I am atm in the midlands but I make whatever excuse I can to go hover in the south east/london area when I can because of the university libraries, so I always pony store hop as well. SE has best selection quickest :/

I hadn't seen them in stores before January. Wondering if the rainbow 5 pack will follow, though I noticed the Toymaster ones were mostly on clearance.

Smyths where I am currently are exploding with unicorn and pegasus ponies meanwhile, though last time I checked the website it said they were no longer being stocked. My local store seems to have ended up with everyone's, apparently it's like a wall of unipegs (ah, the joy :D)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #918 on: February 18, 2020, 12:43:30 PM »
When does the new wave come out? I just want to know so I can stalk my Target when it is time - LOL!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 18, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
My Target rearranged the collectibles section at the back of the store and no longer carries Stranger Things AJ.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 20, 2020, 06:59:21 PM »
My Cracker Barrel had Starflower today. It's the first time I've seen one of th2 2nd set of Rainbows there.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #921 on: February 24, 2020, 06:02:44 AM »
Praise the pony gods, someone took a video of Basic Fun's 2020 New York Toy Fair booth, including the ponies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRtSiceH8B4

The pony content starts at about 5:47.

Please leave them a nice comment, because I swear 90% of Toy Fair coverage has been Funko Pops. :P

Anyway, similar to the London Toy Fair we have a set of four earth ponies (Posey, Lickety-Split, Tootsie, and Cherries Jubilee) and a set of four unicorn/pegasus ponies (Surprise, Heart Throb, Gusty, and Sparkler.)

This is the first we've seen of Surprise's toy so it's great to get confirmation on her!

They also have the main Care Bears line now, which I'm pumped about because I have their retro Share Bear and it has the nicest, softest fur I've ever felt on a Care Bear.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:15:01 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 24, 2020, 07:51:41 AM »
Ponies look good, the Care Bears are cute but I'll pass and the Bubble Bottoms are really weird.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 24, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »
I'm psyched, they look amazing. Gotta love the Gusty pose.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 24, 2020, 10:09:58 PM »
Gusty and Posey are definitely a must have for me!

I so hope Basic Fun makes it to year 4; the rearing pose and the Fizzy pose is on the top of my wishlist! With the harder plastic used on these retros, I'm sure the legs on the Fizzy pose will be more sturdy and she'll be less prone to tipping over.

Offline Adarkdraconis

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 25, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »
So my daughter and I had to go to Target last Friday to pick up a birthday gift for my partner (headphones, nothing Pony-related...)  Well she had been so good all day while we ran our errands and so good at keeping the secrets of the surprise party from him (5 is a hard age to keep something to yourself, haha!) so I told her that yes, she could get a toy as a reward. 

We head over to the toy aisle and she goes up the first aisle, comments on every Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, talking about each thing she is interested in to try and make her mind up.  We go down the next aisle and it is all Barbie and various dolls, which she isn't really interested in.  Then we round a back side end cap and she stops and shouts "MAMA!!!  THEY HAVE PONIES!!!  THEY HAVE OLD TIME PONIES IN BOXES!!!"  I wasn't even thinking about it, our Target had never had them before that I saw (but I only go to Target a few times a year). They had 3 Confettis, a Trickles, a Tickle, a Pinwheel, a Flutterbye, and a G3 Applejack all at eye level of my small human!  She was so pleased, we went through and looked at each one and she chose Flutterbye to come home with us.  She said Flutterbye was so glad we were able to come and adopt her because she had been waiting a long time in the pony orphanage and now she has a family  :lol:

So we took her home and she is so pretty!  Her rainbow hair is different than the other rainbow rereleases, it has a lot of orange and suits her so well.  She is also in a different pose than the other pegasi so that is always nice. 

On a side note, does anyone else have an issue with the tails of the retros not being glued in?  It seems like ours are all loose and can be pushed down inside the pony if you are not careful, and they spin.  We have Bowtie, Windy, Moonstone, Starshine, Skydancer, Parasol, and now Flutterbye and it seems they are all like that.  Are they not attached inside?
:cold:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #926 on: February 25, 2020, 01:35:15 PM »
On a side note, does anyone else have an issue with the tails of the retros not being glued in?  It seems like ours are all loose and can be pushed down inside the pony if you are not careful, and they spin.  We have Bowtie, Windy, Moonstone, Starshine, Skydancer, Parasol, and now Flutterbye and it seems they are all like that.  Are they not attached inside?
Pony Tails were never glued in, they were only held inside the pony with a metal washer. My thought is that perhaps the tails aren't as full as they used to be before or are too sleek so the tail can be slipped inside easier. These ponies are held in place with basically the same system.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Adarkdraconis

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 25, 2020, 01:47:23 PM »
Pony Tails were never glued in, they were only held inside the pony with a metal washer. My thought is that perhaps the tails aren't as full as they used to be before or are too sleek so the tail can be slipped inside easier. These ponies are held in place with basically the same system.

Thanks!  I have only one original g1 and she hasn't had an issue with her tail moving.  I had thought the g3s had them glued, we have loads of g3s and they don't budge either.  These must just be very slick, but they are soooooo easy to move!  Skydancer's bow was very loosely attached to the little elastic on her tail so I took the elastic off to reattach her bow better and her tail fell into her body like a centimeter!  I pulled it back out and when the band is on nice and snug against her backside it holds it in place well but I just worry about them sliding around when played with.
:cold:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 25, 2020, 03:19:36 PM »
Picked up the lone basic fun Trickles with my Crackerbarrel gift card
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 25, 2020, 05:53:30 PM »
What are my odds of finding unscented Rainbows in the U.S., at this point? I’d like to hold out hope, buuut...

On that note... I have a question for all the brilliant pony chemists out there. X3 Do you think that displaying scented Rainbows near other repro ponies could cause the discoloration issues to spread? Like, could a neighboring, unscented BF pony discolor because of the “fumes” given off by a scented one? I’m kind of scared to buy the scented ones for this reason...

If you have any of the scented ones, the discoloration should only be on the pony itself (it shouldn't spread). I have seen a lot of the unscented ones at my local stores recently so don't give up hope!

If anyone has any questions about the line let me know.

I posted my close ups from the Toy Fair in NY on my instagram if you wish to see the ponies up close. :D

https://www.instagram.com/bizzarro_toys/

~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal