collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232878 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2019, 02:00:22 AM »
Is anyone else thinking that this “TAF” Majesty might actually indicate that they’re planning to release a faithful repro of Majesty in the near future? Kind of like how lately the SDCC Transformers have essentially been “pre-releases” of figures that will soon be in stores... only with a little chrome and added paint to make them “special”.

I'm hoping that they will release a more faithful retro of Majesty later also. :) I'd love to see a Dream Castle but since the Peachy/Pretty Parlor set is overstocked at most Target stores and on clearance now it doesn't seem like we will get a retro Dream Castle. I would have never guessed that Majesty would be chosen for a SDCC exclusive though so I still have hope that there might be a Dream Castle later on. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2019, 06:44:37 AM »
TAF Majesty also shows that if they did ever decide to make the TAF ponies, they could.  Like, on a technical level. 

I've actually been trying to figure out how they made TAF Majesty because it's really rare to see paint apps with that level of precision ALL around an organically shaped toy.  I'm impressed.

Edit:  I don't think she will be given eyes because it kind of cements her status as "convention collector piece" rather than "toy you could get at the store."  MLP exclusives have a history of having either no eyes or unusual eyes.

I guess people could paint on their own eyes if they really want to, though.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:47:13 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2019, 06:49:30 AM »
Is anyone else thinking that this “TAF” Majesty might actually indicate that they’re planning to release a faithful repro of Majesty in the near future?

That was my thought. Because why not? The mold would be there, the paint color, the hair color.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2019, 07:43:50 AM »
Yeah, if Basic Fun knew for a fact that they'd never release Majesty in the retail line, they could've just made the convention exclusive a regular Majesty. She would still be very desired by collectors who want to complete their sets. Although it would also be kind of boring as a convention exclusive.

This way we get a cool and unique convention exclusive, and Basic Fun still has the option to release a regular Majesty later.

That said, this pony holds no appeal for me personally. In that I don't feel any need to own it. Still nice that it exists, and hope there'll be more exclusives like this, that do stuff that the regular retro line can't.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2019, 12:08:28 PM »
Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.  :blush:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:30:26 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »
I'm going to say it right now. TAF Majesty looks weird, like a wallpaper that took on a unicorn shape. I'm thinking they went a little overboard and hopefully, she'll get eyeballs.

I said I did not like it on FB and someone actually put the angry emoticon on my post and then called people on the post haters - LOL!

I did not like the fact that she has no eyes (it is kind of creepy) and I did not like the graphic design all over her. I didn't say that though, I just said I was not a fan of the design.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 03:44:37 PM by Icey »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2019, 04:01:55 PM »
I'm going to say it right now. TAF Majesty looks weird, like a wallpaper that took on a unicorn shape. I'm thinking they went a little overboard and hopefully, she'll get eyeballs.

I said I did not like it on FB and someone actually put the angry emoticon on my post and then called people on the post haters - LOL!

I did not like the fact that she has no eyes (it is kind of creepy) and I did not like the graphic design all over her. I didn't say that though, I just said I was not a fan of the design.

People on social media these days worry me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »
I'm going to say it right now. TAF Majesty looks weird, like a wallpaper that took on a unicorn shape. I'm thinking they went a little overboard and hopefully, she'll get...

That’s annoying... it’s okay to have an opinion but...ugg.... Sorry that happened.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:15:14 PM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »
Ha, it is OK. That is the least awful thing I have read on FB this week. People are nutters!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2019, 09:50:07 PM »
Is anyone else thinking that this “TAF” Majesty might actually indicate that they’re planning to release a faithful repro of Majesty in the near future? Kind of like how lately the SDCC Transformers have essentially been “pre-releases” of figures that will soon be in stores... only with a little chrome and added paint to make them “special”.

This was my first thought too. She's clearly on their radar and if they didn't use regular Majesty for the exclusive then they probably have plans to release her.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2019, 10:48:27 PM »
I’m a little confused... What convention is she exclusive to? SDCC has already happened, hasn’t it? I can’t keep up with all these events anymore... :blink:

There was never a day when people on social media DIDN’T worry me. :nuts: I don’t really bother with it anymore for that reason...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2019, 05:38:02 AM »
I’m a little confused... What convention is she exclusive to? SDCC has already happened, hasn’t it? I can’t keep up with all these events anymore... :blink:

SDCC. It's later this month.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2019, 09:03:45 AM »
Yeah, I too was thinking this might be a sign we'll get Majesty in stores . . . Maybe in a nice exclusive "castle-looking" box?  (Of course the dream is to get that actual playset, but with the Pretty Parlor not selling so well . . . *le sigh*)

Like, it seems to me that if they weren't planning on making "normal Majesty" for stores, then they'd make the SDCC pony "normal Majesty", if that makes sense.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2019, 12:57:53 PM »
Like, it seems to me that if they weren't planning on making "normal Majesty" for stores, then they'd make the SDCC pony "normal Majesty", if that makes sense.

Yeah, it does make sense. Majesty, being queen and all, would be special enough on her own as an exclusive. It would have been a lot easier to make a "normal" Majesty repro, maybe in a fancier box or with one "extra" like SLH, for the SDCC. Instead she's a kitchen sink scenario of super long metallic hair, pearly coat, glitter horn, symbols evvvvverywherrrre! They didn't need to do all that... unless they wanted to make her significantly different to a standard, store-bought Majesty? One can hope. ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 05:18:56 PM by BlushingBlue »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »
That would be awesome if they did a regular Majesty repro, there's so little ones out there still in good shape.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal