collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 232150 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2019, 09:00:07 PM »
I wanted to give a very BIG HEADS UP!!!! If your still looking for the Rainbow set I found them on sale!!!

https://www.kaplantoys.com/product/147499A/retro-my-little-pony-rainbow-collection-set-of-6?c=15%7CKTPP05

You can get the full set of 6 for $52.95 and FREE shipping on orders over $50.00! :frolic: :frolic: :enthralled: :enthralled: :happy: :happy:

Ooh! Those are the unscented versions, right? :D
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2019, 09:49:03 AM »
I wanted to give a very BIG HEADS UP!!!! If your still looking for the Rainbow set I found them on sale!!!

https://www.kaplantoys.com/product/147499A/retro-my-little-pony-rainbow-collection-set-of-6?c=15%7CKTPP05

You can get the full set of 6 for $52.95 and FREE shipping on orders over $50.00! :frolic: :frolic: :enthralled: :enthralled: :happy: :happy:

Ooh! Those are the unscented versions, right? :D

I am really not sure, When I ordered them last year they came scented. But they were out of stock for a while. So these could be unscented?

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
Soo, I have been away for a while, and still I was trying to keep track on the release of Moondancer/ Glory set. But I never really found them, and now it seems like I missed them completely. Anyone know if they are still sold? The first set of rainbows are still out here, but not the Glory set...
I think these had the wave 2 distribution curse...I haven't seen any since my Target sold out, but I think they're avaliable online at least and not for too ridiculous prices? Could be wrong on that as well.

Moondancer and Glory have come and gone in the US, but I think they're scheduled to be released this summer in the UK, so maybe don't lose hope yet. I have no idea what the plans are for Norway, but they might still show up for you too?

Thank you guys! I’m breathing a Little easier now :) Let’s hope they do show here this summer :P

I wouldn't worry too much because I don't think Europe operates in the same order as the US is. We had the rainbows (2nd set) in March which was totally backwards and we haven't had the earth set you've had, but we've sort of got clues about the unipegs in June/July here and they're now (out of stock but) showing at Amazon and on Smyths' site here. So probably if they're due a summer release here there's a good chance they are there as well?

The proper date for the 2nd set of rainbows is also meant to be July here (and the two unicorns later, possibly September if same as France) but they were the first to arrive. I think it all depends on how they decide to stock.

I finally saw the parlour in person in a store in town for the first the other day...and that's meant to have been out here since February, so it all seems very fluid.

I’m crossing my fingers and toes for them to appear this summer then! You know, I haven’t actually seen ANY Retro ponies in stores here. I could only find them online (and not from a toy store either :lol: ).
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
The UK has literally drowned in collector ponies after basically being told we weren't getting collector ponies. They're still all over Smyths' shelves. I've otherwise only seen Rainbow Ponies in John Lewis, nowhere else, and only in short bursts - but both sets, albeit first set only scented. They were restocking there today but I saw more rainbows on the pallet, just couldn't see which (2nd set but I am still waiting for the unicorns..xD). We were told to expect rainbow set 2 in July but some might come 'a bit earlier' - they were actually in JL in march, so who knows what their scheduling actually is o.o.

I don't think we're getting AJ's set over here, there's no sign of it.

Glory's set is showing up as dispatch 1-3 months on Amazon and out of stock on Smyths website so I have hope it won't be long....

Though it's hard to know what the distribution pattern is in Europe at the moment as ours are all coming straight from the US for once o.o.

My hope is that Glory's set etc and Pinwheel/Starflower appear here before I have to move at the end of August...xD I don't know where I'm going yet, but this JL has been great for ponies - not all towns have JL and not all JL are selling ponies :/

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:15:53 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »
I went to Target like two weeks ago and I forgot to post about my own findings. There were only three ponies there! I hope that means they're selling. Two Seashells and a Confetti. Unfortunately there were a lot of of Pretty Parlours there, they don't look like they're selling. :huh: I hear that same thing from everyone, it makes me feel like we won't get that Lemondrop set.

In contrast, nothing was new from the G4 area. That Songbird Serenade plush has been sitting on the bottom shelf for two years now. All the other plushes have been long gone, there's no box or even a sticker there. She's all alone... :lookround:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2019, 02:14:34 PM »
Come and gone? :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Magicharp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2019, 09:20:43 AM »
Would anyone be interested in getting this custom version of 35th Anniversary version of Applejack?

[/URL]
[/URL]

They are cute but not exactly customs-  they are official.  Supposed to release on 6/30 at Targets but some are leaking out early.   Only $10 though once they are out!  Here's the thread discussing: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,395616.0.html

I

Offline Wind-whistler

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2019, 10:41:40 AM »
I forgot to mention that I got all my UNscented 1st wave Rainbow ponies about a month ago on www.coolstuff.com I remember emailing one of the guys to confirm which version they sell and promptly got a reply confirming they ONLY sell the unscented version. I hope that may clarify those interested in getting them. They also sell AJ's set. Plus, you get free shipping to the UK on orders over £39.95 . If you join their mailing list you can get an extra 10% discount on your first order.   :) :)

https://www.coolstuff.com/My-Little-Pony-Retro
https://www.coolstuff.com/My-Little-Pony-Retro-Earth-Ponies

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:00 AM »
That's interesting. We've not had any unscented Rainbows in stores over here (just the scented ones and now we are on set 2, when JL bothers to restock...) so maybe they're all in Malmo O.o.

...I am so annoyed with JL today, I know they have rainbows to put out, I saw them on the pallet yesterday, but they haven't put them out -.- instead they've filled the shelves with LEGO. Gee thanks JL.

I am not really expecting to find Starflower or Pinwheel till later in the year but JL here has been quick off the mark so I would like to check for sure...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wind-whistler

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2019, 03:00:38 AM »
That's interesting. We've not had any unscented Rainbows in stores over here (just the scented ones and now we are on set 2, when JL bothers to restock...) so maybe they're all in Malmo O.o.

Actually, they have restocked those ponies that have sold out, individually and always unscented. could it be that Coolstuff is more aware of the staining issue and rather sell those unscented? Maybe JL
and other UK retailers) has no idea about this or they do but is moneywise for them to sell those away for cheaper? Indeed, UK is drawning in scented ponies, collectors and long delays awaiting for other sets.

Amazon.uk release date for Unipegs set makes no sense either.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2019, 04:07:31 AM »
To be honest I don't understand what point you're making, since all the releases are in line with what Basic Fun said would happen here *shrug*.

The UK seems to work on a Rainbows First strategy. We had wave I rainbows before collector ponies and we had wave 2 Rainbow ponies before unipegs. I don't think we're getting AJ's set because they weren't at the toy fair, but everything datewise is in keeping with the info Bibi found out about the UK and European releases, so I don't see why it's strange.

In any case, I think we didn't get unscented ones simply because Wave I is long gone from stores here (despite the eternal Sunlight on the JL website, which I admit could use updating!), not for any other reason.

I dunno what you mean about long delays on other sets since we had Wave II rainbows in mid march and that was around the same time they were starting to show up in the US :) The UK were the first place in Europe to get them. The boxes I saw on the pallet the other day in JL were also wave II.

So yeah, it seems like UK release is deliberately Rainbows first.

They also sell out very quickly in my JL, and as glitterball posted a while back, JL acknowledge them as a good selling item. That includes the scented ones so I don't think people saw it as a problem.

As for the other sets, its also dependent in a way on stores. I said we were drowning in Collector Ponies but not because of shelf sitting stock - rather because the retros took a while to catch on around the usual locations, so the stores took them on in a weird kind of relay. TRU obviously closed down, but the CP set were in JL last August. They haven't been in mine since about November last year.

They appeared in around November in my local Entertainer, but haven't been seen in the new year.  They were also in the Toymaster catalogue around that time too, though some stores had them in the autumn.

They were in Argos in the New year.

Now they're in Smyths, who only got them in around March with the parlour.

So it's like they're doing the rounds.

But the unipegs are slated for Smyths and they are on the website in accordance with BF's timeline, so I don't really understand what doesn't make sense about their release date...BF told us it would be June/July. It's June. They're starting to appear as placeholders on sites so...?

The one issue the UK does have is that nationwide distribution is not consistent - some areas are getting things and others not - but that seems to be a general distribution issue in the US and other places as well...I won't complain since at least we're getting stuff.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 04:16:17 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wind-whistler

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2019, 09:18:06 AM »

The one issue the UK does have is that nationwide distribution is not consistent - some areas are getting things and others not - but that seems to be a general distribution issue in the US and other places as well...I won't complain since at least we're getting stuff.

I mean that. Obviously that's much better than not getting anything at all  :) :) but I wish there was a more even timelime for all stores in the Uk as in France for example, where toy stores such as Le Grand Recree, Joueclub, Fnac, Amazon.fr among others start selling sets at the same time, no matter which one you try most of them have the stock, the second rainbow wave was released a little earlier than in the UK. True, BF released some info regarding the dates but in the meantime Amazon has delayed twice an order I placed for unipegs which was supposed to be released on 1st. June and by this time I have received a second email from them stating I might be getting them by September  :blink: I guess that if I had to rely on retailers in the UK it would mean basically, to be blessed and have a stroke of luck to find an unscented or a second wave rainbow pony. It's just the uncertainty that makes it a little uncomfortable for me but as you have said previously, it's not a UK thing, even the US suffer from this. :|
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:23:59 AM by Wind-whistler »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
Although that is a completely different point to what you said before, I guess if you have an Amazon preorder I can understand why you're annoyed.

Amazon UK did the same thing with the first set of Rainbows and then again with preorders on the Parlour. So did Amazon.com, there was a whole discussion on here about it. I owe my sister a Glory as a thank you for her help with the PhD but I took one look at the preorder and decided to wait till it stabilised. I had a feeling it would go like this, as all the other releases did.

It has to do with stock from the supplier, and in our case, through KNEX, as the importer.

I think this area of greater London has been particularly lucky as my JL here is very quick to stock, BUT the first 2nd set rainbows to be found in the UK were at the main station JL in Birmingham, so it's not as though there's a regional pattern either.

Although if you're importing from overseas it really doesn't matter that much where they're stocking here - only if the store that has them ships globally I guess? Which I imagine is the actual problem.

I could say that going back to G1 this was an issue in distribution as I rarely ever found the pony I went to the store looking for and usually ended up with a second choice. I'm not really surprised the retros are like this. BUT at least we have the chance of getting them from stores. It sucks that more European countries haven't had that opportunity.

We're still not drowning in scented ponies though. Haven't seen one in store since December. You can only get them online now I think - Amazon and All The Cool Stuff UK among other places.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
JL near me in Manchester still has scented ponies. I hope they all sell soon so three can get the new wave in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal