collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 235124 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1425 on: April 08, 2021, 12:06:52 PM »
Amazon UK has been a bit buggy with the Posey set (though it has had them on and off), but they've had the unicorn and pegasus set since the end of last year in reasonably regular quantities. I think all mine came from Amazon. So they probably would take on new ones, I think the Posey set has just been delayed to the spring instead of the winter.

I would expect them to stock the TEs in the autumn or winter 2021, and the US site probably will as well.

People buying Posey's set in the US, how many languages are on the box?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 08, 2021, 01:34:55 PM »
The ones I picked up at Paper Source have three languages. "Earth Ponies", "Poneys de la Terre", and "Ponis Terrestres".

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 10, 2021, 03:14:01 PM »
I'm happy that we still see the twinkle eyes. :) 

I checked Target today and there were no Basic Fun ponies and only a couple of Pony Life things.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 10, 2021, 04:08:29 PM »
What happened to the Baby Pony set?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kid80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 10, 2021, 08:35:37 PM »
Oh girls, like many of you I've been scouring all sources online (and harassing basic fun) for the second earth pony set: CJ, LS, P and T.

No Meijer or CB's near me, but today took a chance and dropped by Paper Source...
I.
Found.
All.
Four.
Needless to say I was a giddy, mumbling disaster of joy. I kind of still can't believe it. $13/each

I had checked PS's site prior, and earth 2 was definitely not listed--think they had a few of first peg/uni  set, but they send you whatever they have available, ugh. I get the sense their retro inventory varies store to store and day to day. Salespeople mentioned when they do receive a shipment they have no way of knowing what items it will contain.

So... for those of you not close to Meijer, CB, or PS, I have found earth 2 online as well here, for $13/ea, minimum shipping $15.50--kind of steep--though it varies by location.  Did not order from them, but came real close. Ultimately, I just wanted to be able to see the set in person if at all possible... Hence my hail mary trip to PS today.

I have found a couple other sites that carry retro, but, like PS, they cannot guarantee you'll get the pony you order. If those sites are of interest to anyone, let me know and I'll share those as well.

Stay strong and pony on!

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 17, 2021, 08:58:19 AM »
Both Paper Source and Cracker Barrel are a bit of a drive for me. And I'm convinced Target is no longer carrying the retro G1 ponies, so I sucked it up and paid out the nose for a Lickety Split from Amazon. I can't wait until she arrives! I'm going to have to keep my eye out for the twinkle eyes when those get released. Pretty sure I'll have to shell out quite a bit for those, but I'm excited to get a nice Gingerbread!

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 17, 2021, 09:12:47 AM »
Hi all, I haven't been here forever and just unpacked my ponies since moving in 2013..so I just can't read the entire thread..can I just ask - how much do we know about the retro line ?
Do they have any plans ? I see NOTHING about it on the MLP website. No news section..nothing?
Am I missing something ?
I just hope it continues, I really want re-issues of all the playsets, new fresh plastic that will last a while, and hey, now we know how to care for it !!
Anyway, thanks in advance   :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1432 on: April 17, 2021, 09:26:01 AM »
how much do we know about the retro line ?
Do they have any plans ? I see NOTHING about it on the MLP website. No news section..nothing?
Am I missing something ?
They're not being done by Hasbro so they aren't on the website-they're being done by Basic Fun, who's made remakes of other toylines as well.
I'll have to get the Wiki up to speed at some point. I'm just gonna direct you to the MLPMerch page in the meantime.
We have some Twinkle Eye ponies planned (Gingerbread, Sky Rocket, Sweet Stuff, and Fizzy).

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 17, 2021, 09:58:01 AM »
I checked Target today and there were no Basic Fun ponies.  There were a few Strawberry Shortcake dolls though,

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 17, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »
how much do we know about the retro line ?
Am I missing something ?
They're not being done by Hasbro so they aren't on the website-they're being done by Basic Fun, who's made remakes of other toylines as well.
I'll have to get the Wiki up to speed at some point. I'm just gonna direct you to the MLPMerch page in the meantime.
We have some Twinkle Eye ponies planned (Gingerbread, Sky Rocket, Sweet Stuff, and Fizzy).

...no Mimic ...Noooooo !

Thank you so much :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal