collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Transaction Pending in Paypal Help Updated 6/26  (Read 2222 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Transaction Pending in Paypal Help Updated 6/26
« on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »
Hi,

I decided to reward myself by ordering a non pony collectible from a major website. I tried to use Paypal but for some reason my order did not go through on the website. Paypal says that the transaction is pending. I immediately called the help line of the website to see if the order went though. I had a hard time understanding the person who answered the phone at some points but he did say that my order did not submit on the website. How long with the transaction stay pending with Paypal and will it affect my automatic payments I have set up?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:15:13 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Transaction Pending in Paypal Help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »
What funds your paypal, Ponyfan? A card or a bank account? I'm not asking for detailed specifics but it might be worth checking with them (unless you use paypal balance only) to see if the balance there has been deducted (ie that it might be in progress) or if something has flagged up and blocked it.

My bank are very safety conscious and if they don't recognise a transaction they are block crazy and I have to contact them and say yes, it's me, and yes, I do mean to pay my rent/for x thing, and please could they let me do it.

So I would check that to see if that's a reason for the delay.

If the website is in the US it shouldn't be an issue but there are some countries which still have to manually accept payments because of currency or other restrictions...that may also be an issue.

If it's your funding source then it might affect your payments but if not it's probably the site and not going to affect those. But you might want to contact paypal and check with them as well if you don't get an answer from your funding source (or if your funding source is paypal credit).

I personally would contact both :) But its up to you. It being a major website doesn't mean that it couldn't be flagged as an unusual purchase by someone in the process, so its worth checking out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 05:39:34 AM »
Thanks Taffeta. My Paypal is usually funded through my bank account. I've ordered from the website before without problems although it was a few years ago. I got a email from the website last night reminding me that I didn't complete my purchase so I'm leaning toward some kind of website glitch as I never got an order number and the Help Line said there was no record at all of my trying to purchase the item. 

I checked my Paypal account and it still shows pending/not completed but I don't seem to be able to cancel it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:53:43 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 05:35:52 AM »
I would still check with your bank to make sure they didn't take fright, panic and block the transaction without asking you, since it might block you doing other transactions through paypal until you release the block.

If it's not that then probably you're right and there was a glitch. It's just that it says pending still so I would definitely talk first to your bank and then, if it isn't them, maybe talk to paypal and see if they can remove the pending so you can start over again.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »
Thanks Taffeta. It looks more and more like it was due to a website glitch. I checked my bank statement yesterday and there's no record of Paypal taking the money out of my bank account.

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
Re: Transaction Pending in Paypal Help Updated 4/28
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 06:35:43 AM »
My automatic payment funded through my bank went through with no problems so it must have been due to the glitch on the retailer's  website.  Hopefully the pending status will expire soon.

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
Re: Transaction Pending in Paypal Help Updated 6/26
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 03:17:29 PM »
My automatic payments are going through just fine but the transaction still shows as pending on my Paypal. I'm still hoping it will expire soon.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal