collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thinking about selling G4 Star Swirl and a little moral dilemma  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
So I really want to sell my Euro Exclusive G4 Star Swirl. She is one of the most expensive G4s I know and I need money for an unpredicted pet explosion :lol:

Long story short: I adopted pets I did not mean to adopt just house, but they grew on me and their old owners were keeping them in bad conditions so I bought them out.
So now I need at least a 100 € to balance my monthly funds again, and since I already am on a spring cleaning kick I thought now's the time to part with Star Swirl and some other things (yes I am not crazy, I know that charging 100 for Star Swirl alone would be evil).

My problem? I would like the figure to go to a normal collector, not a G4 hoarder, because I want to cultivate that sense of fandom community beyond the FiM phenomenon. But I also need that money in a few weeks time.
So what do you think is a fair price for Star Swirl NOT judging by Ebay stats?

She is in perfect condition, no flaws, allthough she is NOT new in box. Hair has been brushed.

Alternative: you can send me a PM if you would like to make an offer privately. I am based in Germany, so please consider the shipping and insurance costs.
I don't have the toy with me rn, but next week I will be able to get ahold of it and provide photos for people who are interested.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Thinking about selling G4 Star Swirl and a little moral dilemma
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:02:18 AM »
Ponies are luxury items, hobby items.  So to be honest I think 'a fair price' is absolutely whatever she's selling for on eBay.  It's not like you're charging huge prices for medication someone needs to live or something.  ;)  When one of your pets gets sick you're going to want money in the bank, not the satisfaction of knowing you sold something under market value.

You can charge whatever you want for her, low or high, but if it were me and I knew I was going to need money in a couple weeks time, I would squeeze every drop of money I could out of that plastic pony, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 10:08:54 AM »
You can charge whatever you want for her, low or high, but if it were me and I knew I was going to need money in a couple weeks time, I would squeeze every drop of money I could out of that plastic pony, lol.

What would you charge for her?
Another question is if anyone here would pay the highest ebay price without badmouthing me behind my back as a greedy seller.

Ideal situation would be someone from the Arena willing to buy her. Of course when the money is due and I haven't found a buyer I'd put her on ebay. But right now I still have the option to give her to a pony person and not some scalper who might end up selling her for thrice the price.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
Sometimes when you ask top dollar for an item, it's going to take awhile for the "right" buyer to come along that will pay top dollar.

So how about this as a suggestion. Look at the top 3 starswirls that have sold recently / highest on e-bay. Figure what the cost of fees would of taken out of that price...

and offer it here, or facebook, to give it a nice competitive price that someone will like?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 11:02:36 AM »
I would either charge the eBay price or, if you want to be particularly generous, I would take the average eBay price and reduce it by 10%.  (Since eBay charges you a 10% fee, which you wouldn't have to pay for selling off of eBay.)

As far as figuring out the average market price, I would do as BanditPony suggests and average together a couple sold eBay listings.

Anyone who badmouths you for selling an expensive pony at an expensive price is not a person whose opinion matters, lol.  Most collectors are normal and understand everyone has bills to pay, and don't expect someone to sell a spare Mimic for $10 just because they found her for $1 at a flea market.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
I would either charge the eBay price or, if you want to be particularly generous, I would take the average eBay price and reduce it by 10%.  (Since eBay charges you a 10% fee, which you wouldn't have to pay for selling off of eBay.)

As far as figuring out the average market price, I would do as BanditPony suggests and average together a couple sold eBay listings.

Anyone who badmouths you for selling an expensive pony at an expensive price is not a person whose opinion matters, lol.  Most collectors are normal and understand everyone has bills to pay, and don't expect someone to sell a spare Mimic for $10 just because they found her for $1 at a flea market.
Yeah I wouldn't worry about looking greedy.  Value is the value that the buyer will pay! Best of luck with your sales
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal