collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Uprooted" Friendship Is Magic S9 Ep3 Discussion  (Read 3163 times)

Offline TJgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
Re: "Uprooted" Friendship Is Magic S9 Ep3 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 04:40:35 AM »
I thought it was okay. The song was nice, though I don't have a very experienced taste in music.
The new treehouse itself actually looks nice. Very welcoming. Especially compared to Twilight's castle.
Yona continues to be the best, but Sandbar was quite the doof this time around. Seriously, he clears out the remains of the tree and doesn't tell the group they're still around to use?  :huh:
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 10:35:17 AM »
Spoiler
I am so darn tired of the Young 6.  This was an okay episode, I guess?  It felt like filler, though.  There was literally no reason for this episode to be a thing.  And why would the Student 6 be the ones to save it?  They’ve had maybe one event tied to the tree.  But the elements of harmony are the Mane 6’s whole thing. Shouldn’t they have saved it? I don’t know, after the awesome opener, it was a shame to have the next episode wasted on the students.

That's what we call passing the torch.

Also cute how they made their own thing inspired by their own friendship VS just another tree or castle.
They have a clubhouse now! And that hopefully means no Cutie Mark Crusader eps in the final season :lol:

Speaking of which, someone catch RD not giving a damn about Scootaloo anymore? When Rarity and AJ worried about their sisters in zhe opening two-parter, RD was like "poor Spike and Starlight!" Harsh.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »
I rewatched the episode last night (albeit at twice speed) for my MLW summary writeup so I'll give my more solidified thoughts on the episode:
-The whole clip where the students all try to do their own thing and Yona just watches them squabble was so unnecessary. We knew that Yona would be right in the end, we didn't need to watch it happen.
-I really hope that the school still being in the summer means less school-focused episodes! Or even better, no school episodes!
-Even though I transcribed the song, I still can't separate it from the one in the season 8 opener. I keep going from "we celebrate the tree...IN HOOF IN HAND IN WING". The song has no identity of its own at this point, it's half baked standard Ingram rushed trash.
-I still really liked the clips of the students in their hometown. I wasn't a fan of the Yaks at first but now I want a whole episode of Yona in her hometown.
-Sandbar is the least compelling member for sure now. I hope they flesh him out a bit but right now he's just there.
-The treehouse's design is MILES better than twilight's castle. The castle always looked weird at first, this one got me right away.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »
I usually like Sandbar and thought his plan to trick Neighsay in to setting him free in last season's finale was pretty clever but I have to admit he was a bit off this time, not telling the others that he just moved the pieces of the tree when it was clear that everyone else thought that he had thrown away the tree.

My favorite moment was when Thorax yelled at Ocellus and she turned in to a rock with eyes. :lol:

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal