TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Advice on selling

(1/5) > >>

EnaRocketQueen:
I have collected ponies on and off for six years, and I have now decided that I want to downsize my collection and focus on just G3s, which means I want to sell my G1s and G4s. They are mostly in good condition, though the G1s were all found second hand in the wild.

The only problem is that I don't know how. I have never used eBay before and don't even have an account. I've also heard that it's difficult to get someone to buy from you if you don't have any feedback.

Any advice is appreciated

bright rabbit 1:
What G1 ponies have you got to sell? (Please private message me with pictures of the ponies and your address I might be interested in some)

Have you got PayPal?

Only site that I know that’s better than ebay.uk is Shpock (on that you can put whether you can post them or ask them to come to your house)

banditpony:
I dunno. Since there is buyer protection -- which guarantees that a buyer will get the item, as described, or they get a refund... There is really little worry about 0 feedback these days.

That said, it's really stacked against you as a new seller. You get your funds held (see above about buyer guarantee), shipping is expensive, fees are expensive.. it's hard to gain feedback ( to get the hold removed ).

LadyMoondancer:
If you're thinking about buying on eBay, buy five cheap listings of something to get a little feedback going.  It doesn't really matter that it's not seller feedback, just as long as you don't have (0) after your username.

But yeah, prepare to have your funds held at first.  And it's so true about it being hard to get feedback.  A lot of buyers just don't leave it anymore.

banditpony:
Oh also..
This might help in getting feedback.. write a small hand written note thanking the buyer, and politely asking them for feedback in a not pushy way. It sort of gives a reminder that there's a person there, and it isn't a big box.

Some people might still ignore it, but I will always give feedback for people who are kind with how they ask it. (Not gonna lie but I tend to not always give feedback unless I notice it is someone with little feedback)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version