collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What happened to Kimono's Townhouse?  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
What happened to Kimono's Townhouse?
« on: April 07, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »
Every so often I go and read all of Kimono's townhouse all the way through. But while the site and most of it's content is up, the comic pages are nowhere to be found! I know that KT is quite old by now and hasn't been updated in a long time. Is this why they are no longer accessible or did the artist take them down? Just curious if anyone knows what happened. I think it's been over a year minimum since I last visited KT.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Kimono's Townhouse?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »
the site appears to be broken - i believe the uploads on the livejournal still work, or you can use the wayback machine (archive.org)

i had a similar issue... unfortunately websites can break when they go unmaintained :( (though it always feels like a gamble, sometimes they just go down cause they're not paid for and others they just completely break) i wonder if it's a server issue, since it seems to be only the pictures? most of the site navigation works...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:23:01 AM by bladed »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:18:52 AM »
I was actually thinking about this website recently.  I'd love to see it come back one day!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »
The creator of KT is a good friend of mine. I have sent her a link to this topic so maybe she can check it out when she gets a chance. :)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Storybelle

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Kimono\'s Townhouse?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 02:25:40 PM »
the site appears to be broken - i believe the uploads on the livejournal still work, or you can use the wayback machine (archive.org)

i had a similar issue... unfortunately websites can break when they go unmaintained :( (though it always feels like a gamble, sometimes they just go down cause they're not paid for and others they just completely break) i wonder if it's a server issue, since it seems to be only the pictures? most of the site navigation works...

I did wonder if something like that was the case. But thank you, I will go look for the LJ! Was really in the mood to read it  ^.^

Post Merge: April 07, 2019, 03:16:10 PM

The creator of KT is a good friend of mine. I have sent her a link to this topic so maybe she can check it out when she gets a chance. :)

Wow! To this day, this is one of the cleverest and most detailed things I've ever seen so I'd love to know what happened. For now, I'll see if I can track down the LJ to start reading.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:16:10 PM by Storybelle »

Offline Dava

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kimonostownhouse.com
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
So... hey! Hi, y'all!

I'm really touched that people still like and care about KT. It's been such a long time.

I went to check the site about a year ago, and I noticed that my scripts stopped working after an Apache update. I've been debating ever since then what to do with the site.

I've been really busy since dropping off the radar. I went back to school and got a master's. I've been doing scientific research. My first peer-reviewed, paleontological paper will be coming out in the next month or so. (If anyone is interested in thermal modeling of Pleistocene giant tortoises, LOL.) And in amongst all this, I have completely forgotten how to write code. XD

When people Google search me to find my academic work, they're going to find ponies. I think I'm okay with that. Probably. Maybe. Most of the researchers in my field have at least one cartoon or toy line they are vocal about liking. So it shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Anyway, I've been thinking about ways to archive KT and make it work, not just in a "get this website functioning again" sense, but also in a "get this to work with my new life" sense. Knowing that people still care actually makes those decisions a little easier. Thanks.

Offline Storybelle

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »
So... hey! Hi, y'all!

I'm really touched that people still like and care about KT. It's been such a long time.

I went to check the site about a year ago, and I noticed that my scripts stopped working after an Apache update. I've been debating ever since then what to do with the site.

I've been really busy since dropping off the radar. I went back to school and got a master's. I've been doing scientific research. My first peer-reviewed, paleontological paper will be coming out in the next month or so. (If anyone is interested in thermal modeling of Pleistocene giant tortoises, LOL.) And in amongst all this, I have completely forgotten how to write code. XD

When people Google search me to find my academic work, they're going to find ponies. I think I'm okay with that. Probably. Maybe. Most of the researchers in my field have at least one cartoon or toy line they are vocal about liking. So it shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Anyway, I've been thinking about ways to archive KT and make it work, not just in a "get this website functioning again" sense, but also in a "get this to work with my new life" sense. Knowing that people still care actually makes those decisions a little easier. Thanks.

Wow. Hi.

First off, thanks for KT in the first place! I think it's brought people a lot of joy and I have reread it so many times. I suspected that real life took over which is very understandable. I think if people find pony while searching you it can be a positive! KT has so much detail and effort put into it. It's clearly a labour of love and that's never a bad thing.  ^.^

Offline silverfall

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponytopia.com
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »
I loved it. Just sayin!  :biggrin:

The site is retired and I should probably update this.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 06:11:37 PM »
So glad to hear from you!! I got into the comic a little bit before it dropped off, it's fun to reread.  ^.^

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 06:21:22 PM »
I loved KT! All the geeky little bits and miniatures. It was a big reason why I hunted down a Brights Brightly for my collection. Heck I still use some of the avatars you made of Minty(duolingo) because I'm lazy and rarely change them.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »
Oh awesome and hi! KT is great, someone reccomended it to me here and I had a blast reading it. Congrats on all your successes and yes, I would like to read your work on Pleistocene turtles. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 11:35:00 AM »
I wanted to do my own pony comic with pictures, just like you KT!!!! I was thinking about too.

Facebook can be super easy. Pocket Princess does that and it's easy to picture and post.

I saw KT and really felt it was ok to be an adult and play with ponies. Some day I will have a minty to go with my Kimono:D
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »
KT was fun, thanks for looking into how to preserve it! And prehistoric tortoises, how cool!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »
I really LOVED KT. I eagerly awaited each release.
I am a software developer and I use the avatar of the multiple mintys and the "trying to work" one with minty looking over apple spice's shoulder.
I get lots of great comments about those.

I would actually like to see it in a physical comic book format or the way the IDW did with the G4 comics as pdf.
I would also love to have the wallpapers in larger sizes and all the avatars.

I really miss KT but totally understand about priorities. Congrats on finishing school and starting your career.
I hope you find a great new balance.
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 01:13:24 PM »
Oh my gosh I LOVED KT!!! So thoughtful and well done. I fully support bringing it back :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal