collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Grooming/Pretty Parlour name cards... Minty in UK?  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Grooming/Pretty Parlour name cards... Minty in UK?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 04:10:31 PM »
I often wonder about Woolworths for a lot of things.

The store may be gone and they left behind very little in terms of catalogues, but price tags on backcards tell their own story.

It's more than possible, but we'll probably never prove it ;)

And when I say Bluebelle as an Argos excl. I can't prove that either. Just that they had her persistently for 2 years and I can't find evidence yet that anywhere else did.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 03:29:45 AM »
This might sound a very strange question but does anyone know which ponies the Lucky pamphlet came with? I ask because I definitely had it as a child but don't have a clue how I could seeing as I'm in the UK. Although I know we had lots of imports down here all of my imports were near the end of line.

Unfortunately I don't know where I've put it.  :yikes:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 03:36:07 AM »
This might sound a very strange question but does anyone know which ponies the Lucky pamphlet came with? I ask because I definitely had it as a child but don't have a clue how I could seeing as I'm in the UK. Although I know we had lots of imports down here all of my imports were near the end of line.

Unfortunately I don't know where I've put it.  :yikes:

Lucky was offered for Mail Order in the UK. He was the only MO pony I ever had, and I still have the UK letter that came with him. He came in a white box, with a white moon and stars comb...and his bow tie. And the letter was from Megan introducing him. I'll find the image.

I also have the UK flier for him that you mention. Since he wasn't offered in the comic, but I sent off for him, I am guessing Cherries Jubilee or Masquerade are the chief suspects from my childhood, so something round that time. Maybe Snowflake. Something like that.

There's the intro letter. It's a bit worn,but you can still read it, and the Hasbro UK thing down the side. We had Ember here too (without a name, it seems?) but after that the MO releases tended to be stuff already from stores or stuff that wasn't ponies (like playmats and the fact file).

So it makes sense you'd have the flier. I assume 1985-6 ponies. I can't get at the few MOC examples I have from that year at the moment but that seems most likely.

Edit to add: Looking at the photos I have from my MOC stuff I think there's a suspiciously likely leaflet in the packages of 1986 ponies Snowflake and Cherries Jubilee, so I'm going to assume that it was in the packaging of those ponies, and I got mine with Snowflake. I can't see it in the packaging of the 1985 Cherries Jubilee but she has a lot of hair...but it might also be in the Twinkle Eye package as well.

It's a lighter colour than the above flier, so I think that's more likely.

This one shows it best:
Spoiler
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:46:07 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 08:28:13 AM »
Thanks for this Taffeta. :)

The reason I'm asking though is the flier I have has the collectors pose ponies on and I think a wedding pony. I'm saying "a" because I honestly can't remember it well. I assume in hindsight it must have been Canadian because I'm fairly sure the opposite side was in French.

But the only pony I had from new from that year/s is Baby Lemon Drop and her stroller. (That I'm aware of).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 08:35:05 AM »
Thanks for this Taffeta. :)

The reason I'm asking though is the flier I have has the collectors pose ponies on and I think a wedding pony. I'm saying "a" because I honestly can't remember it well. I assume in hindsight it must have been Canadian because I'm fairly sure the opposite side was in French.

But the only pony I had from new from that year/s is Baby Lemon Drop and her stroller. (That I'm aware of).

Ooh. That is definitely *not* a UK flier. OK. No idea.
Although wait, you're way down south, right?
I've heard other stories of people from that region finding So Softs and stuff as well. So maybe it's from a store import or something outside the normal release...

I didn't have Baby LD from new and haven't acquired her box or anything yet  so I have no idea...but can't see why she would have that kind of flier in her packaging O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 09:36:22 AM »
If it came from her then I know she came from a Toymaster so should've been standard release.

Otherwise we're looking the year after at Tracks, Princess Ruby (who is a mix n match) or Crimp n' curl. I did have the first tooth babies but they're Dutch fanclub bought from the Range when it was CDS and much more dodgy on where things came from.

I was just wondering if this weirdness possibly helped with Minty and the other collectors coming to the UK although as I've typed it seems very unlikely. It would account for one or two but nothing more.
I just wish I knew where the leaflet was!

I swear I've got an eclectic mix of ponies in hindsight. :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:39:34 AM by aria_elwen »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal