collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: collecting ponies you didn't mean to collect.  (Read 4253 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: collecting ponies you didn't mean to collect.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 10:32:57 AM »
I didn't, it wasn't me. And if anyone says it was then I will deny it to the hilt.

(Basically all the G3's on my shelf - I was never going to collect them. Definitely not.)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
I would say G4s and G3s I wasnt really out to collect them just the G1s. Now I have so many I need to weed through. :/

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »
I have a couple g1 sets I wasn't planning on collecting (at least not yet, I tend to focus a few sets before moving on to the next few), but things happened and I got one or two ponies from it and so had to put it on my focus list, because I collect in sets. The sweetberry ponies is one of those sets, and it's not that I don't like the set, I was just planning on waiting with it, because I have other sets to finish xD

I have this with other gens too (except g4, I don't collect them), not that I collect in sets, but sometimes I get ponies one way or another that i didn't think I'd ever buy but then I end up loving them in person XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 12:01:19 AM »
Takara Ponies for me. Originally I collect(ed) G1 that I like, mostly that my friends had when I was a child and others that I like from this generation, so my collection is pretty complete. When I got aware of the Takara Ponies I just wanted to have 1 just because I love Japan and the ponies are just very cute. And actually? I have 6 original adults and only miss the last 2 ones. So a very expensive drift to another collection side.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 12:57:44 AM »
My plan here was to get hold of as much the ponies with rabbit and strawberry symbols which have not gonned as planed as there been very few rabbit and strawberry ponies added to my herd :blush:
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 03:04:06 AM »
Mine was so softs, because I'm big on restoration but keeping original (so no rehairing or repainting, just cleaning and styling to factory basically) and you really can't do that with so softs, they're more of a deflock or nothing kind of deal. But I got a couple of big lots with some nice ones, and now I collect them? But I'm kinda fussy, I like them nicer than my average fixer-upper-er ponies. Usually the bargain hunt and then the fix is the fun, but with so softs it's a different criteria. I'm a so soft snob, haha!
 :throw:

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:33 AM »
G4s. I thought I would only end up with a few but now there are many that somehow multiplied when I wasn't looking. :lol: Also the movie baby sea ponies. I thought I'd end up with just 2 but now I have 16 :wow:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
G2s.
When I see a G2 I need to rescue it and make it look shiny again. Starting collecting was like this:
1 - I only want my G1 childhood wishes
2 - I want more G1s
3 - oh, there is a new MLP! Get some of them.
4 - G3s have so much vatiety! Need them.
5 - G2s are growing on me. Need to rehair all these poor fleamarket beauties.

Now I consider my G2s not really a collection. More of a shelter situation :lol:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 08:47:23 PM »
Yes, because I have a hard time not buying a decent G1 when I see one if I don't have it. This one dealer at a swap meet I occasionally go to every few months seems to have at least a few G1's every time I go. So even though I am not looking for the specific ponies that I am buying per say I have a hard time leaving a decent looking G1 behind if I don't already have it.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2019, 09:04:57 PM »
I don't like boy ponies.  At all.  I don't collect them.  At all.  However,  seem to have ended up with a few.  I got Ice Crystal in a *insane* lot once.  I ended up with a complete Barnacle, again in a lot.  And two MIB Playtime Baby Brothers have somehow entered this house.  One I won in a raffle, the other was....from a crazy lot. 

As for other ponies, I have gone from absolutely hating certain ponies to actively liking them, if not loving them.  I hated Dance 'n Prance ponies from the moment I saw them as a child.  For years I thought they were stupid at best, and at worst slightly offensive(vibrating ponies, complete with tacky earrings, a boa, and a "come and get some" twirling tail....). Then I saw one in action at a ponymeet, and it was the funniest thing I ever saw.  So now I have the full set - complete with all accessories, and all 100% working.  I didn't much like the Teeny Tiny Babies, and then one day I looked at them again, and now I love 'em.  Same with Fancy Pants.

I didn't like that pregnant UK Mummy pony, but I was on a UK kick for a while, and her price was going up, so I figured I better get one soon before I got priced out of the market.  I liked the babies, if not the mother, and someone had a completely functional one with both babies for trade.  So I did it.  I got it in the mail, "loaded" in a baby, and tried the mechanism to test it out. 

It was the best thing I ever saw.  EVER.   And now I love my set. 

Of course, the #1 "I can't stand them...now I love them" moment was with the G2s.  I was collecting when they came out, and I was pretty firmly on the "these are pretty fugly" side.  Then a friend of mine went to Europe for 2 months.  She kept emailing me "I found ponies!".  Oh, I was excited!  She was in Spain!  She was in Italy!  She was in the UK!  She was in Greece!  Oh the things she could have found!  Baby Mintys and piggy ponies danced in my dreams for weeks.

Then the boxes started to come in.  All G2 babies.  Well, I'm not one to refuse a well meaning friend's gifts.  I opened them, and started to get a really good look at them.  The accessories were super cute(always a plus with me).  The ponies were pretty cute too.  The babies were tiny(another plus), and they really started to grow on me. 

A year later *I* went to Europe for a class.  I came back with every G2 I could lay my hands on.  I just completed my G2 collection(every pony and playset, complete with all accessories and backcard) a week ago.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:18 AM »
Buying two G3 ponies

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 08:04:05 AM »
G3, especially pink ponies. I rescue them from the flea market but G3s don't sell terribly well so I often end up getting attached. 
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:13 PM »
Sweetheart Sisters and Beddy Bye Eye Babies. I don't mind the SH Sisters but I never set out to collect them. I have 3 from my childhood (1 is mine, 2 were my sisters) but I have found so many at thrift stores that I have completed several sets and have doubles! I've also found most of the BBE Babies even though I don't love them. I just can't leave any G1 behind.

I also have a huge amount of G3's now even though I don't actively collect them. But I keep them in case I decide to collect them one day. I'd be pretty upset with myself if I got rid of them and then decided I wanted them later.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal