collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: collecting ponies you didn't mean to collect.  (Read 4255 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
collecting ponies you didn't mean to collect.
« on: April 04, 2019, 02:36:13 AM »
I basically keep all the g1 ponies I don't already have.

It just so happens that I now own 3 first tooth baby ponies without me wanting to actively buy or collect them.
I'm happy I have them tho.

Did this ever happen to you? If so what line was it? And what generation? Was it even ponies?

I would love to hear from you :)

greetings,

Luke

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:40:23 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: collecting ponies you didn't mean to collect.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 02:47:32 AM »
I happened to have a few G4s since they came up because they were gifts from friends and family. I also have 3 additional G4s now because my niece doesn't want them anymore.
Same thing with my, like three G3.5 and giant G3.5 plushie. They were my niece's.

That's kinda sad, I though she liked ponies, she used to be quite invested when she saw me restore mines, she even followed me by wanting to clean hers at the same time. But hey, she's an early teenager now, our mind isn't the wisest at that age. I keep them in good condition and ready to give her back in case she changes her mind in a few years. ^^ I wouldn't want her to feel bad that she abandoned them. I've read many collector telling how sad they were from not having their childhood ponies from some reason or another, so I'm preventing that from happening to my niece.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 02:49:41 AM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 03:04:26 AM »
I happened to have a few G4s since they came up because they were gifts from friends and family. I also have 3 additional G4s now because my niece doesn't want them anymore.
Same thing with my, like three G3.5 and giant G3.5 plushie. They were my niece's.

That's kinda sad, I though she liked ponies, she used to be quite invested when she saw me restore mines, she even followed me by wanting to clean hers at the same time. But hey, she's an early teenager now, our mind isn't the wisest at that age. I keep them in good condition and ready to give her back in case she changes her mind in a few years. ^^ I wouldn't want her to feel bad that she abandoned them. I've read many collector telling how sad they were from not having their childhood ponies from some reason or another, so I'm preventing that from happening to my niece.

That's so kind of you :) Who knows, maybe someday.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 03:47:53 AM »
G2...G3...G4 :)

Especially G4, because with the other two I did start out buying some then stopped. With G4 I never meant to collect them at all, but yeah. I have around 90 now, so I guess that's a collection....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 04:05:20 AM »
G2 and G3.5 for me! I still have very small collections of both right now, but once I found them in person I kind of fell in love.

G3.5 was my most recent find and I think I'll actually buy a couple more. I told myself no for so many years but actually having them in hand really surprised me. They're actually fun! The ones I have all have unique hairstyles, which I never knew about them! After a bath I could really see their charm.

I've had my G2s for a while now. I found a handful of them at Goodwill quite a few years back and realized they're actually really pretty, despite their kind of odd shape! The eye gems really sold me because, hey, I'm a huge sucker for anything sparkly. :P The only reason I haven't bought more is because they're pretty hard to come by in the wild. I may cave and buy a few online at some point.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 04:33:00 AM »
Nope.
I don't keep what I don't want.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 04:35:40 AM »
Well, with me I've stumbled upon (IRL) like 4 I didn't want but grabbed, first Royalette (Now Resculette) then large styling Shining Armour, Blushie, Crystal Empire Cadence then Crystal Empire Applejack.

I've however bought a few online that I didn't set out to buy including, Chocolate Chipper MIB, Crystal Lace MIB, Twinkle Hope, Wildflower, Moondream, Fizzy, Ringlet and Royalette.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 05:45:47 AM »
Happy Tails. They just kept happening. I had Tabby from my childhood collection then the rest kept showing up in random local lots... lol. That and the rice krispies baby. Can't get away from her; I think I have at least a dozen right now.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 06:53:41 AM »
Ponies that weren't on my wishlist:

G1:
Bunny Hop
Baby Drummer (Only because I thought I couldn't get him for under $20. He was a surprise gift from my boyfriend.)
Wigwam
TLS Minty
Curlylocks
Paradise
Hula Hula-(At the time I didn't like the Tropical set)
Genie-(She was a lovely surprise gift from a friend.)
Twilight (unicorn)
Moonstone
Sea Light
Yum Yum (I didn't like her at the time.)

G3s:
Blushie
Loop-de-la
Star Catcher
Sweetie belle (My daughter never liked her much and was going to give her to charity. I took her.)

G4: I'm still not crazy about this gen, it took me a loooong time to like them enough to want some.

Merry May
Pretzel (My daughter wanted the pearlies, but changed her mind after I bought one of the 2 packs, she ended up growing on me. Though I didn't like her at first.)
Princess Luna (I wanted the water cutie one and ended up with the sparkle bright.)
Mer-Rainbowdash (I was going to get her to customize, but she's got  thick hair and a nice pearly sheen, I grabbed a different mer-rd to customize instead.)
Mer-Fluttershy-(I dislike the mane suxx. But she's one of the only two who don't annoy me. Plus her hair is a pretty shade of pink.)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:01:16 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 07:03:03 AM »
I collect all gens, but I didn't intend to collect G3 originally. Kind of happened.
Now I try to avoid bringing G4 Mane 6 ponies in but it's becoming increasingly hard.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 07:08:06 AM »
G1 babies.
I wasn't keen on them at first, simply because they're just smaller versions of the adult ponies, rather than proportioned like real foals.That bugged me a bit, though I can't really imagine them looking too great with the long legs and skinny faces...
Then I found a bag of them in a charity shop and bought them, and a few months later another bag appeared and I bought that too. I have six now and have become a big fan.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 07:10:40 AM »
Hmm... not really? I got into ponies via FiM so started out collecting just G4 but that time was very short lived, didn't take long at all for me to decide to collect all generations. Basically ever since my plan has been to buy nearly all ponies or pony merchandise I find while thrifting, unless they're definitely overpriced, which doesn't happen too often. There's not a single pony or piece of official MLP merchandise that I don't want in my collection, there's only ones I want to actively seek out through buying them online (or in the case of new ponies, buying in stores), and ones that I would just get via thrifting or in lots.

This is why I always select "want" on every Pony of the Day poll for ponies I don't already have. No such thing as a pony I would pass up or plan on passing up and then deciding to keep. :)

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »
G3 McDonald's ponies. I like them and think they are cute. But recently I finally had the time to sort through some boxes of random ponies and at the end of it all I had a gallon ice cream bucket and shoe box full of 'em. ^^; Instead of having one of each like I intended, they've grown into their own sub-collection in my G3's.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:00:32 AM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline Elva

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »
G3 ponies... They just, I don't know, appeared on my shelf. And now I have placed them IN FRONT OF MY G1'S!! They are taking over but I still don't admit collecting them. I've been such a G1 and only G1-person for sooo long..

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »
Yeah, Mane 6. :P You have to buy them if you want the packaged non-M6 pony a lot of the time. "You can just buy it by itself on eBay later" would be an option if non-Mane6 ponies didn't go for thirty, fourty, fifty dollars... :rolleyes:

Other than that, no. I usually only buy what I want. I don't buy just to have something or to have a complete set. Last year I bought a lot with the rare G3.5 Pinkie that I wanted, and it came with a couple Sweetie Belles. (I hate calling a G3.5 "rare" but that's what she is compared to the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal