collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wild pony stories  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Wild pony stories
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 12:23:52 PM »
Nine times out of ten I find fakies of the recent ones or G4s of which I don't collect. Half the fun is holding out hope and searching. Best find so far happened last weekend and it wasn't MLP. It was a Breyer and my top" hope to find it" while thrifting. So it can still happen, good luck to everyone who's currently thrifting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 02:41:56 AM »
:0 I'd say that's nothing short of a miracle! It looks so pretty in your photos and almost all accessories! :0 And a Nirvana baby! Such a lovely find! I'm presuming the Baby Lickety-Split was the Lickety-Split featured in the Lullaby nursery? I'd say finding a G1 is exciting regardless of it's rarity and finding a doll blanket of the same pony! And dilapidated Petal Blossom? May I ask if dilapidated means warped?

I don't think there's ever going to be another find to match up with the free Lullaby Nursery! That's officially the high point of my pony-collecting :). And yes, that's the 20-years-late-but-got-her-eventually Baby Lickety playing in the nursery :).
Re Petal Blossom, I just meant 'dilapidated' as in 'in a state of disrepair and in need of TLC'. The poor girl had
a really bad haircut and also marker and nail polish stains. She later became my first rehair project and now feels much happier :).

The 1990s seem to have been excellent times for pony-collecting and I'm totally annoyed that I didn't have the good sense to be into ponies back then :lol:. My girlfriend built up her childhood collection of around 100 ponies just from charity shops and car-boot sales, and it was awesome looking through them and finding things that are now considered rare/expensive, such as the Activity Club Babies, Tales Bright Eyes, Mountain Boy Sunburst (she remembers buying him for £1 and feeling that that was quite expensive, as ponies usually cost pennies :lol:), Honeycomb, Gypsy, Baby Milky Way etc.

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 03:03:03 AM »
Last year, there was a humongous flea market, there were booths all over the village's streets and even in the pastures. I had to check everything rather quickly because my mom needed to be somewhere else at a specific hour.

Everything was going fine, getting a few ponies for real cheap as always. That was fun. ^^

Then, it was time to get to the car because the time runs out.

I though I was done, but then, it happened.

I stumble upon a box with .. 25 G1s inside !! The price was one euro each. Time was running out and I didn't have enough money, so I had to call my dad to walk all the way to the booth. And with that, they were all bought !

That felt absolutely wild, I couldn't believe my eyes. I was gone crazy because of how happy I was. I was literally bouncing in place. There were a Gingerbread in great condition, pink streak, beautiful eyes,... There were baby ponies, including Baby Firefly, there was Noth Star, Spinkles, Parasol, Lemondrop, Coco Berry (God I love the Sundae Best !! She had a stain around her head because of a party hat's rubber band, but oh well. Her tail was quite pink enough, too. :D)... So many great ponies ! There were some doubles inside and even more doubles since I had the same home, but I couldn't care less. There was also some accessories. There was the Show Stable at some point because I got the fences. Also some saddles, hats, shoes and even 4 roller skates ! They are so fun. :frolic:

That day, I ended up with 31 ponies and I couldn't be happier. :D

There, that was one of my wildest stories. :D Hope you enjoyed !
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Rodneytheponydude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Im the most rootin tootin cowboy in the wild west!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »
I got my butter kiss g1 who was sitting in a charity shop window for £1.50; with factory curls and original ribbon!!

And my best find is my fully working my pretty pony for £4  :)

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 02:06:02 PM »
I haven't found anything in the wild in a LONG time...but 2012-2015 I had some really nice scores.

I think my first in the wild was a mint blossom for 50p in a charity shop. They never charged me more than a pound there for a single pony, and over the years I found quite a few. Kiss n' makeup was my favourite, but I also found rosedust, baby cotton candy, bowtie, blackberry pie, butterscotch, a couple merry-go-round ponies, a couple twinkle eyes to name but a few. Probably the best was the flower pony, bluebell, for a pound.

I haven't found anything aside from G3s in a while, and I don't really collect them anymore. My local charity shop is in a small area, though, so the flow of ponies isn't exactly crazy.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 02:23:28 PM »
I have had some amazing finds locally. Like when I got most of the G1 playsets with accessories for just $20. Including the dream castle and Paradise Estate!!!! With little forks and all!

And the downsizing collector... I will have to dig that thread up from the past....

I found a bunch of UK G1 in an antique shop for $10 each once.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal