collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mimic Lost in the UK Post ;-;  (Read 10399 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Mimic Lost in the UK Post ;-;
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 03:15:51 PM »
Sellers have been subject of proof of delivery for many, many years.

Tracking information needs to include:

1 A delivery status of "delivered"
2 The date of delivery
3 The recipient's address
4 Signature confirmation, if an item has a total cost of $750 or more

The thing that's different with international is:
Customs and international carrier issues

We adjust your late shipment rate and remove feedback if you ship internationally, and the shipment receives a domestic carrier scan within your handling time if:

The shipment is stuck or delayed in customs
The shipment is lost or receives no tracking scans by the international carrier

This is more so slanted about if a buyer is leaving negative feedback based on slowness. But that last bit is where I said if it's scanned in the destination country they should consider that as delivered. At least in the conversations I've had with eBay regarding this issue, that's what I learned.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:19:02 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 05:50:45 PM »
I'm a mean seller. I say "who cares if you prefer it, I prefer protection for us both" when it comes to expensive items. Because when we sell on larger platforms, sellers take the burden of having the package delivered.

I get this philosophy, I used to do this too--only Priority International.  But at that point you might as well just refuse to sell overseas, because most international buyers are going to stay away.  (Or continually ask you "not to use the GSP", because they see the high price and assume it's GSP.)

It also means you are eating up more fees from eBay.  The higher the shipping cost, the higher the eBay fees.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
I'm a mean seller. I say "who cares if you prefer it, I prefer protection for us both" when it comes to expensive items. Because when we sell on larger platforms, sellers take the burden of having the package delivered.

I get this philosophy, I used to do this too--only Priority International.  But at that point you might as well just refuse to sell overseas, because most international buyers are going to stay away.  (Or continually ask you "not to use the GSP", because they see the high price and assume it's GSP.)

It also means you are eating up more fees from eBay.  The higher the shipping cost, the higher the eBay fees.

My thought is still offer. They can buy or not. No biggie

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 04:20:55 AM »
This has slightly gone off from the original topic but I think it's valid anyway.

As an international buyer, I wouldn't say that the tracked more expensive pony option puts me off buying something. I make my decisions based on the rarity of the item, how delicate it is, the time of year (because some times are busier than others) and any other factors I haven't thought about.

THat means if I saw a MOC Pinwheel, for example, with a $50 shipping tag, I'd be fine with it. Because it would mean she was covered in her shipping to the UK, even though it would bump up my import duty as well.

If I see a loose Butterscotch with a $50 shipping tag, that's not going to happen, even if I needed the pony. Because...yeah. Obvious, right?

GSP also has its moments. It can be used for shipping large heavy lots of loose ponies that don't sell really high to the UK without incurring massive charges on the weight. Weird but true.

As a seller in the UK, our tracked shipping to the US costs around $15 for a single pony, which is not that much more than the base rate without protection that we've been discussing here. Then it goes up incrementally depending on value and weight, but the maximum is still around $25ish I think. So I don't find it a huge problem to insist on tracking. Speaking as someone who has regularly paid $14, $21, or $35 for items from the US.

The problems here come when the item has bigger combined dimensions than 90cm, because then it goes parcelforce and then you see silly money charges - from around $15-25 to $100ish.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 05:37:47 AM »
Damn, I totally forgot how fast these TS posts move! XD I should have had my coffee before I made my original post! LMAO

Thanks for the link Taffeta. USPS only tells me so much once the package reached the UK; the Royal Mail sites last track on the package:

"Item has left our International Processing Centre
Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, United Kingdom"

I think it's safe to say that it's lost, but I have had things delivered to me personally that were never tracked properly in the system and "never arrived" according to tracking, so it is possible that the buyer has the pony. I do, however, prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt in these situations. Her communication has been great and I don't really get any red flags from the situation. If she's scamming, there's no real way to prove it and frankly, she's the one that will have to deal with the karma, not me, so..

Also, I will say that my OP comments may have been rash; I have had stuff go missing shipped domestic, too. It was a 6AM, pre-coffee, "WTH? I have a -$150 balance in my Paypal??!" post. And needless to say, I was rather ill with the situation. I'm still not sure I'll be posting HTFs overseas in a hurry, the risk just seems too high. Even with loads of coverage, I still have a hard time dealing with the loss of the collectible. And selling over the last +10 years I can say without a doubt I have had more go missing overseas than inside the US. Much more domestic damage, but less loss. -_-

Anyways, I'm sure I missed something or someone's question/ comment. I ~think~ we are both covered by eBay/Paypal in this particular case. I don't understand exactly why I have a hold on my funds and yet she has not yet received a refund, but whatever. I know that they have their date-minded hoops they like us to jump through. And I understand they deal with a lot of fraud and dishonesty so I don't mind following the rules... As I said in the OP, I am just aggravated. End of story.

I'll keep you guys posted..

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 06:05:53 AM »
"Item has left our International Processing Centre
Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, United Kingdom"

Unless it says otherwise, I'd read that as it's in customs. When it's out of customs it usually says "Item is on route to destination". But it may just have missed being scanned. Do you have a datestamp for that status (ie when it was last seen?)

Other possibility is it's at her local depot waiting for a charge card to be delivered with a customs fee on it. They don't give online notification for those.

Or, admittedly, it could be lost.

On the international shipping thing, it's already hard enough for people not in the US to obtain certain items. People who live in and ship from the US don't appreciate those challenges because you are fortunate to live in such a large domestic community that can often fulfil those needs. We don't have that luxury.

I have had more bad deals with the US than anywhere else in the 2 decades I've dealt in ponies online. I've also been scammed twice out of rare ponies by American collectors - I've never been scammed by anyone else, anywhere. If I said, based on that, that I wasn't shipping to the US any more because it was too risky, a lot of people would take offence. And I wouldn't say it, because I know that there are a lot of awesome people in the US and you can't base your decisions on one or two bad experiences. More, you can't punish a whole globe of people becuase one pony went astray.

It's sad and unfortunate if the pony is missing, but by refusing to ship things overseas, you become one more person making it more difficult and expensive for us to obtain things we need. We often already pay hiked custom charges due to mistakes on custom forms. We also pay double postage because of having to ship to a proxy or middleman to get items here. We have to deal in your currency because no US seller accepts or negotiates in £, € or any other kind of $ than US.

To then read yet another person kneejerking on an inconvenient but resolveable issue is therefore frustrating. Ultimately we deal with much bigger challenges buying from and selling to abroad than I think a lot of people in the US realise, because we don't make a lot of fuss about it and just do it.

I really think sometimes that US only sellers should come spend 6 months in Europe and see what it's like these days trying to buy from the US. I guarantee it would be a real eye opener...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 06:24:52 AM »
Anyways, I'm sure I missed something or someone's question/ comment. I ~think~ we are both covered by eBay/Paypal in this particular case. I don't understand exactly why I have a hold on my funds and yet she has not yet received a refund, but whatever.

There's a few outcomes.

1) eBay decides in your favor because item arrived in destination country and that's "good enough" to count as delivery. Buyer doesn't get a refund.
2) eBay decides in buyers favor because wasn't delivered to the door step, you lose the money. (This is why shipping with indemnity is important)
3) eBay sooometimes covers both parties if they are outstanding and haven't dealt with issues before.

I've seen it go all three ways

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 06:30:21 AM »
I am with Taffeta.... those few of us international buyers really depend on sellers who will sell to us without GSP.  I will pay the cost of priority but I understand it's expensive for everyone....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 12:32:17 PM »
Based upon PayPal policy:

"PayPal Buyer Protection for items that have not been shipped does not cover items lost in transit. If the seller can provide within the required time frame valid proof of shipment (as described in more detail in the PayPal Seller Protection Policy), or a respective equivalent proving shipment and/or receipt as agreed between PayPal and the seller, PayPal will refuse to grant PayPal Buyer Protection."

Post Merge: April 03, 2019, 12:33:54 PM

And the link (paragraph 4.1): https://www.paypal.com/ch/webapps/mpp/ua/buyerprotection-full?locale.x=en_CH

Post Merge: April 03, 2019, 12:38:22 PM

And the relevant info from the seller protection policy (paragraph 6):

"Proof of Shipment
You, must prove shipment of the item vis-à-vis PayPal by online or physical documentation, which fulfills the following requirements:
Confirmation that the item has been shipped and date of postage;
The recipient’s address (as given in the Transaction Details);
Official acceptance by the shipping company (for example a receipt or online tracking information according to which PayPal can track the shipment).
Additional requirements in case of INR
To be covered by PayPal Seller Protection in case of INR you as the Seller must ship the item within 7 calendar days of receipt of payment in your PayPal Account. This does not apply to pre-ordered or made-to-order goods where shipment is required within the timeframe specified in the eBay item listing, or, if the transaction was made outside of eBay, the shipment policy or other specification on the merchant’s website."

Post Merge: April 03, 2019, 12:40:13 PM

And the other link: https://www.paypal.com/ch/webapps/mpp/ua/sellerprotection-full?locale.x=en_CH
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:40:13 PM by Nella »
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »
EBay and PayPal are separate. So I'm not sure PP policy trumps eBay's. I quoted eBay policy on the top of this page, including regarding international which is a bit more lenient.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:49:43 PM by banditpony »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 01:32:20 PM »
Aw Cherry, I really hope it turns up, for your sake and the buyers. I’ve never had anything go missing on our side - Royal Mail are usually pretty good and I really wouldn’t be surprised if it showed up eventually in 2/3 weeks or something. The tracking shows it at least landed in the UK. Hopefully eBay/PayPal will be able to reimburse you when they see that you have done your part and posted it safely, with tracking.

Brexit won’t be having any effect on the post at the moment and I doubt it will. Things will keep ticking over somehow!

I hope poor Mimic doesn’t stay lost in customs forever! Either that or she’s in a van somewhere doing a tour of the UK XD

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »
eBay's seller protection doesn't cover lost packages;  the seller has to refund.  It doesn't matter if there's proof of shipping;  as far as eBay is concerned, the seller has not fulfilled their obligation until the tracking shows the package as "delivered", not just "sent."

The stuff on the Seller Protection page about "eBay protects you if you ship internationally within your shipping time!" is not about delivery;  it's about the time it takes for a parcel to arrive.  Like, if I'm a US seller and my US buyer doesn't get their parcel for three weeks, then I would be in trouble because that's too long.  But if I'm a US seller shipping to the UK and it takes three weeks, I'm not in trouble (because eBay acknowledges international shipping can be slow.)

If an international package never arrives at all, then the seller is still on the hook.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 09:39:52 PM »
EBay and PayPal are separate. So I'm not sure PP policy trumps eBay's. I quoted eBay policy on the top of this page, including regarding international which is a bit more lenient.
It would seem to be strange receiving payment through PayPal and not being covered due to eBay policy. Wouldn't it be possible to open a case through PayPal to make use of the seller protection? Maybe you'll need to cover the buyer but PayPal will cover you?

Post Merge: April 03, 2019, 09:51:19 PM

I found the explanation I think (one more reason for me to never sell on eBay!): https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/3/1521418835.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:51:19 PM by Nella »
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »
So stressful  :yikes:

My guess is that it is stuck in a cage at customs or at the local depot, waiting for a customs charge to be paid.

I would ask the buyer to speak nicely to the folks at their local depot to see if they have a lonely package waiting for them!

I have done this a few times, most recently, I collected a missed-delivery that the postie didn't leave a card for, my poor parcel had been there a whole week! Luckily they know my face at my depot so were very obliging and swiftly processed the delivery at the desk.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 07:30:45 AM »
Case closed. Buyer refunded by eBay as she should have been. Spoke to Paypal and I have to take it up with the postal services. Royal Mail says talk to USPS. USPS says it went to customs; not our problem.

Hard Lesson Learned.

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal