collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls Spring Breakdown  (Read 3261 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Equestria Girls Spring Breakdown
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »
Ragamuffin, I was thinking of you when that guy appeared.
"Ye ole Ragamuffin, t'is me name, oy! Pip pip!" :lol:

I guess his accent was supposed to be fake in-universe. And the dancing was kind of Titanic-y.

It was all obviously spoofing Titanic. I just have a personal twitch with the fake cockney, its so offensive. But I'm weirded out by why he was faking the accent in the first place. It's all a bit weird to me...

I also thought of Ragamuffin here when he said that was his name ;)

I see the FIM ponies as not quite adults...maybe kind of in that limbo of young adults but not really much into the adult sense. I mean, eighteen year olds in human years can do a lot of stuff, start businesses, etc.

I don't think pony ages and humanoid ages are comparable either. I think that is just hurting the brain.

But what I am ok with with the Flash, Sunset, Twi thing is that it isn't and doesn't become a pairing in the end. And Sunset and Flash appear to be friends after being a rather forced item. Which is character development, rather than a convenient love interest moment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 01:17:26 PM »
What about Twilight and Sunset being with Flash Sentry or whatever (I only watched the first two EQG movies oops)? Twilight and Sunset are adults in Equestria/as ponies, and they paired up with a teenager? I like TwilightxSunset, but I don't like SciTwixSunset for that reason, because Sunset is still an adult but SciTwi is a teen, yeah? The writers didn't really think it through. :P Or I'm overthinking it...

The ponies' ages are ambiguous I suppose so maybe they ARE teenagers, but it's hard not to interpret them as adults when they run schools and own franchises... and sanctuaries...
Hmm it's really weird. So here's my galaxy brain Equestria Girls theory:
The ponies are between 11-20 years old in Equestria, so although they are adults in Equestria (say 13 or 15 is the supposed "go out on your own" age), they are teens in EQG. We do see Flash's horse counterpart in the first movie as well as an episode or two in the FiM show, and we see he is portrayed as an adult in the royal guard. The fact that his horse counterpart is roughly Twilight's age is what prevents that bit from being creepy to me.
The only thing is we know that Sunset Shimmer is older than Twilight, so maybe it gets a bit fuzzy when they come over...
They probably just didn't think it over very well. They could have done a college setting but that's not hip and relatable to the tweens!
My big issue with TimberTwi was that Twilight is clearly in this universe a teenager, and Timber comes off as 20-something? Yikers.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »
Ragamuffin, I was thinking of you when that guy appeared.
"Ye ole Ragamuffin, t'is me name, oy! Pip pip!" :lol:

:silly:

Triplets!  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »
Does anyone know if this will be coming to Netflix or airing soon on Discovery Family in the US I know it was on this morning but my on screen guide is terrible at distinguishing the Equestria Girls movies and shorts from Esther other.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal