collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay payment troubles  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Ebay payment troubles
« on: March 27, 2019, 07:05:27 AM »
I've just been on a half an hour phone call with eBay's customer support without avail, so I am asking here, maybe someone has an idea:

On Monday evening, I tried to buy two ponies from an US seller via "Buy it now". When I went to checkout and picked PayPal like always, it returned an error and told me to use a different method. I had two others available (direct transfer and CC), but neither of these work, I always get "Sorry, this payment option isn't available. Here are your options: Select a different payment option. Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue."

In a nutshell, Customer support has no idea why it doesn't work, and the only advice they had was to tell me to contact the seller directly, ask for their paypal, and then do a paypal transaction directly from paypal. I've tried a different browser, the phone app, my partner's paypal account, my partner's credit card, buying the articles via ebay.at and ebay.co.uk - nothing works. eBay's support said that this error message cannot be circumvented by paypal itself either, so it's no use to contact them about it.

Has anyone else ever experienced this and found a way to resolve it? I've given up now and with lots of remorse removed the articles from my cart. They are still available on the seller's page so they haven't been sold yet. I'm a bit heartbroken because I really, really wanted one of those two ponies and I haven't had lots of luck with ebay or seller groups lately, no one seems to offer ponies I want in decent condition :(

[[Moving to TS <3 MA]]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:13:57 AM by melodys_angel »
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay payment troubles
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
Did you contact PayPal? Or the seller?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 01:22:17 PM »
I've send the seller a message when my payment didn't go through and informed them that I need to contact support so that they aren't worried. Since eBay support said that this error message is something that paypal cannot assist with, either and that there is no use to contact them, I did not. Do you think they would be able to help despite the information I got from eBay?
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:28:34 PM »
"Sorry, this payment option isn't available. Here are your options: Select a different payment option. Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue."

Was that a typo?

No eBay can't really speak on paypals behalf. They are two separate companies.

I mean in reality both companies customer support are useless.

What did your seller tell you?

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 02:31:36 AM »
No, no typo. copy and paste of the message (I only removed the bullet points for easier formatting). The eBay support guy was very explicit and repeatedly told me that they (PayPal) cannot assist. He had this information from their internal info systems from what I gathered, saying that he has looked up the error message and then reading to me what it said. I only ever was in touch with eBays customer support team once for a hijacked account, and they were great with that. The experience now indeed was less stellar.

The seller has not replied.

Instagram

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 02:58:00 AM »
Oh ok.. Sorry I'm confused if your message said contact PayPal, but you contacted eBay instead...

Again, eBay has no business in saying what PayPal can or cannot not do for you

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 01:38:05 PM »
Yes, I contacted eBay because the payment troubles were with all payment methods, not only PayPal. If it had been only with PayPal (or direct transfer, since this is being handled via PayPal here), I would have contacted PP. I am aware the copy & pasted error message mentions PP. Thank you for trying to help, banditpony!

Doesn't really matter anymore anyways, I guess, since the auctions are gone now. :(

Instagram

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 03:48:55 PM »
Maybe the seller didn't accept international buyers and wasn't able to change the settings.
Is your PP account verified?  and your ebay address and paypal address are the same?  I mean, your mailing/billing address.
maybe they only accept payment from a paypal balance and NOT a credit card or a debit card ?  I've had that issue as well. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 01:56:04 AM »
Ah, so I can see and buy/bid on auctions as an international seller even if the seller does not accept international buyers? I didn't know that. How impractical!

Yes to PP verified and the same mailing/billing address; I use different addresses for PP and ebay however. I've bought quite a few things on eBay before though and it always went through, so it generally works on my end, just not for that one (respectively two) auctions from this one seller.

Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal