collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Houseplants?  (Read 12355 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Houseplants?
« on: March 26, 2019, 07:04:01 PM »
Does anyone else keep/grow houseplants? I get some plants dirt-cheap (heh) from my local shop, and I've grown quite a little collection!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Houseplants?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »
When I was a teenager I bought a venus flytrap and a sarracenia for my room because I was obsessed with carnivorous plants at the time, now I'm thinking about buying those again because I've seem them at a local supermarket.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:43:25 AM »
:( I am a plant killer....

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 05:00:04 AM »
I love plants and am known to rescue the sad sorry ones in the sale shelves to try and save them...with fair success I might add.

At the moment I have one poinsettia (it is about 2 and a half years old), two spider plants which are at least 15...a cyclamen from last winter and Nat.

Nat is a Madagascan dragon tree and he used to live at the library I worked. When the library closed all the plants had to be rehomed and Nat was already 3ft then and nobody wanted him. So I convinced Dad we should take him. He is now at least 5ft tall and lives it up in the sun by the patio doors.I don't know how old he is. He was at the library when I joined in 2004 so he is at least 15.

He got his name (Nathaniel) from library staff who named all the plants in the drive to rehome them. So he is known as Nat.

In the winter months one of my fuchsia plants comes inside yo protect it from the frost. So that one is a part time house plant....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 05:50:04 AM »
I've had some plants, usually umbrellas and spiders, they last a few years then they die even with re-potting. Right now I've got a ton of geraniums hanging out in the kitchen catching sun waiting for late spring so they can go back outside.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:41:56 AM »
I love the idea of houseplants and their air cleaning qualities, but I'm not very good at taking care of them, plus so many plants are toxic to cats (one of our cats likes to chew on everything... he'll even bite into a cactus!)

I currently have a spider plant and a spiderwort/Tradescantia (had to look up their English names, learning something new :D ) which are doing nicely so far. I usually have better success with garden plants, though. I like to grow herbs and vegetables on the balcony, it's so satisfying to eat something you've cultivated yourself!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 09:17:35 AM »
One day ^^'

We do have some plants from a few condolences that are growing well but those will be moved outside in the summer.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »
I have one or two cough cought ok maybe a few more got a bit obsessed with them a while ago.

Currently i have orchids, en ex bonsi tree, christmas easter and thanks giving cactuses, palour palm, bird of paradise plant, broom head (think that is what it is called), pease lilly, two aloe vera plants, loads of cactus and suclients. I predict more will arrive after my next trip to spain though 🤔

Oh i also have two cactus out at my family’s apartment which are experments to see if they would grow outside with noone looking after them. Turns out they are better than the ones getting care in the uk.

Also we have a thing at work where we get different cheap plants. My team leader hates plants so we are seeing how many we can get to before she cracks and makes us reduct the nunbers 🤣

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »
I don't have any because cats will eat/poop in anything. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 03:13:06 PM »
my cat thinks the plant rack is a buffet!!!!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 10:14:24 PM »
     We used to have this massive ficus in our front room of my parents home. It was a wedding gift for them when they got married many years ago, and it lived quite a long life. We named her vira, and growing up I called her an “indoor outside tree.”. The cat never pooped in her pot, unless he was upset. So that was a blessing. Now, we don’t have many houseplants save for this small succulent plant (cannot remember it’s species name) as a gift. It’s nice, and easy to take care of. I love plants, and hope to keep some when I grow up and get my own place.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 10:52:28 PM »
I love plants but I have bad luck with them. Also a cat person and there are only so many that are cat safe.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 01:42:43 AM »
I have around 20ish plants, mainly different palmtrees as those are easiest to care for. Many of them has been around since my teenage years, we have grown up together :inlove:. I don't have time to look up their english names, I hardly know their Swedish's anyway, but here is a picture I took a couple of weeks ago during their annual spring shower :).

IMG_20190310_132805 by Veronica Öhman, on Flickr

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 01:52:26 AM »
Shaiyeh, where are you?? XD

i think plants and cats -can- coexist. Okay, my tomcat loves to chew on a few plants, but that why i got an orange-tree. Cats do not like citrus and will never bite this plant twice. ^^
Also i am always looking out for palms, i am looking to buy a monstera and i like bambus.
On our balcony we have wine and lavender - together with a random wildflower and grass mix. - because our cats love to sit in the flowepots and flattened everything except the lavender.
oh, and i am very proud, that my "twisting tree" and my rose survived the winter! the twisting tree was a present from a former co-worker and the rose is from a friends garten. she said: "we can not get rid of her, we even tried the lawnmover twice! she keeps coming back!" We called her wonderwomen and she ist the coolest lady on the balcony!

Beldarna your plants look so powerfull and fresh! *o*
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:55:22 AM by AnnaPommes »
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 02:37:49 AM »
We have a few plants that we've rescued from friends who had been given them as gifts and were going to throw them out when they started to look a bit tired. What can I say, I like rescuing unwanted things :blush:

We give them all names because we're weird like that. At the moment we have Katherine and Caitlin, who are Flaming Katys/kalanchoes, and also Gary and Frederick (not sure what they are, but Gary has some nice flowers). We used to have Robert the aloe vera but he died last winter.

My parents have a spider plant called Horace (naming plants is obviously a family trait) who I think is older than me :O. He just keeps going, he dies off but comes back!

So far no trouble with our cat and our plants. His favourite plant is some long grass which grows in the border in our garden. He likes to put it in his mouth and chew on it without eating it :shrug: cats are strange. We also have daffodils that used to be houseplants but are now outside, and a little Japanese Acer tree named Chiriko (we had been reading Fushigi Yuugi when we got him).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal