collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Houseplants?  (Read 2912 times)

Online Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Instagram
Re: Houseplants?
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2019, 11:32:41 PM »
My calathea lives in my bathroom and seems to be thriving! Like Shaiyeh said they love humidity.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | My Wishlist | Art Trades and Sales | eBay Sales
Thanks Shaiyeh for my sig!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »
I just posted on a gardening forum about my bromeliad pups, and I thought I was doing really okay, but now I think I took them off the mother way too soon according to a poster, and my anxiety is through the roof  :cry: No wonder people are scared to talk about houseplants! I read a funny post about someone being criticised on a houseplant forum and being dead inside forever now and was amused, but starting to think it's really true.

It's plants, I shouldn't feel so dang bad, but I do!

Avatar Credit : Wookylee | Sig Credit : Seahawk270

MLP Gameloft Friend Code : 52b33c6 | MHArena Account : Lady Frostbite

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • a.k.a. Haawan
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2019, 02:43:25 PM »
My calathea lives in my bathroom and seems to be thriving! Like Shaiyeh said they love humidity.

I wish I could have some plants in the bathroom but we have no window. :( And I'm not interested in fake plants at all.

deviantART | Aithne reference | Jack reference
Avatar by Milko, sig by Jupiter/JunkDrawerAdopts - thanks ♥

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 11:03:21 AM »
I just posted on a gardening forum about my bromeliad pups, and I thought I was doing really okay, but now I think I took them off the mother way too soon according to a poster, and my anxiety is through the roof  :cry: No wonder people are scared to talk about houseplants! I read a funny post about someone being criticised on a houseplant forum and being dead inside forever now and was amused, but starting to think it's really true.

It's plants, I shouldn't feel so dang bad, but I do!

Oh dear! Don't worry - do the pups look ok still? In that case, they probably are, and there's absolutely no need to worry. With plants, there are usually no hard rights and wrongs IMO, lots of things can be done in different ways.
 I tend to stay away from plant forums for this reason... you can get some good advice, and some people that only want things done THEIR way. The only plant place I really post in is a female/nonbinary only fb group (swedish), but even there sometimes you'll get really odd replies.

Hugs to you! :hug:

update on my jungle:

Been battling thrips AGAIN. there's always one or two... I think they come in with the organic herbs we buy sometimes, especially basil... so now I've bought Neem oil. But I've only been able to stomach spraying half of my plants, the smell makes me sick to my stomach ;_; But it's supposed to work really well... thinking about grabbing a face mask and putting some idk, mint or sth essential oil in it before going for the next neem spray.
I was also given a philo Pink Princess as a gift last weekend *o* so afraid of her dying, but she's soooooo prettyyyyy!

Thanks LunaCat for my wonderful siggie!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 07:34:17 PM »
So I was in my local Morrisons store the other day and saw a £3 plant, "Ficus Benjamina, Mixed".  Ooh that looks nice, I'll get that...

I then went to Ikea in search of a brass pot to put it in but instead opted for a soothing blue/green pottery one. Looks great together.

The plant is now sitting on my toilet cistern and has made my little bathroom look somehow more complete.  :heart: :heart:

It's early days yet, let's see how long it survives for - hopefully longer than my venus fly traps  :P  :devious: