collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Houseplants?  (Read 12351 times)

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
Re: Houseplants?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 03:46:49 AM »
I have a desert type plant(not cactus) and its blooming  :inlove:
I am the one who have killed a cactus and a plastic plant(dont ask) so I am super happy I finally is able to keep plants alive other then the fisktanks plants.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 04:14:41 AM »
I had 3 mini cacti/cactuses a few years back, they used to sit on my windowsill but I got rid of them for reasons I can't remember...I now just have some roses in a cactus vase XD

I'd love to have more house plants but my room is quite small.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 04:51:02 AM »
Chiriko <3 Yuugi.

Also so happy I'm not the only one who rescues sad plants and who gives them names :D

Not quite reached Beldarna's point of putting them in the shower though...

Will be spending stupid money, probably, this year on buying a new pot for Nathaniel.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 08:52:25 AM »
Shiayeh, where are you?? XD

Here!

Houseplants? YES!!!
I have a bunch of plants, I used to have more but had a thrips attack this winter. My cats generally don't go for my plants, as they get their own spider plants to eat. Cheddar tries to sneak my areca palm sometimes, but that's about it.
Actually filmed a plant tour as a part of this week's knitting podcast. will post that with timestamp when it's up ^^
Plants are my biggest obsession beside ponies. One of the saddest things at the moment however is I thought I had SOOO many plants back when we lived in the house. (tiny tiny house) Now after moving to our flat, I'm like... where's my jungle :sad: Luckily, my hubby wants more plants, too, so we'll remedy that ;)
I have monsteras ( variegata, regular and adansonii), hoyas, pothos, geraniums... Like I said, a little tour incoming.
And more plants incoming. Holding off on it a bit, because I dont want to move them through too cold weather. (two of the plants we plan on is a fiddle leaf fig, and rubber plant, and those can lose a ton of leaves if they get shocked so... ;_; )

I'm planning on sowing a few coleus soon, see if I can get that to work. I tried in the house, but it was too cold and dark, so they died. I also have a balcony, which I'm gonna fill with chillies and paprikas among others, but those aren't really house plants, so I don't know if they count^^'

Like I said, plant geek xD sorry ahha.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 09:17:18 AM »
I currently have two tiny wild catnip sprouts in a bot in the kitchen.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 09:22:41 PM »
We have several.  Orchids, aloe, spider, cacti, one I can’t identify and a zebra plant. 

I’m assuming the un-identified isn’t a weed.  My husband gave it to me when it was blooming and it hasn’t bloomed since.  But it’s thriving otherwise.

The zebra plant had a tragic accident where most of it’s leaves got knocked off.  So it’s kind of a long stem with a few leaves stuck to the top.   :pout:

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 09:46:43 PM »
My thumb is a thumb of death. I couldn't keep a plastic plant alive. Probably.  My daughter has a decent green thumb though. She brought an oregano back from the brink and is doing a wonderful job with her aloe vera, desert succulents and green onions.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:50:26 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:56 PM »
Beldarna your plants look so powerfull and fresh! *o*

Thank you, they always perk up at the thought of getting rid of the vinter dust.  ^.^

Chiriko <3 Yuugi.

Also so happy I'm not the only one who rescues sad plants and who gives them names :D

Not quite reached Beldarna's point of putting them in the shower though...

Will be spending stupid money, probably, this year on buying a new pot for Nathaniel.

Naaw, plants love getting showers in the spring, so putting them there is a good idea. I've done it for years. It clears their airways from the dust they accumulated since last time. I just put some nutrition sticks in them, shower them and let them stand there a few hours before putting them back and they're ready for spring :D.

I've never named mine though.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 02:13:17 AM »
Here's my video! The tour didnt turn out as cool as I wanted, haha, but will probably make an updated one later on.
In case it starts at the beginning of the video, plant talk and tour starts at 20:00. (it's a knitting podcast episode, so everything before that is all yarn talk. feel free to watch if you're into that! XD )

https://youtu.be/mJi1IsfL2hQ?t=1200

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 08:41:30 AM »
Two of my orchids had leathery leaves, so I sought out an orchid nursery's advice on healing them. I think it's working!

My two bromeliads produced 2 pups each ages ago. I repotted all 4 pups, and it's odd; one pup is going from strength to strength (it was overgrown by the time I removed it from the mother), one pup is slowly getting there, but two pups are still like I AM A GREEN SPIKE PLZ IGNORE. I wonder why  :huh:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
I have a few, but my best one is a planted green bottle with about 5 litres of water in it. It has five diffrent kinds of plants in it including christmas moss and a really tiny Anubius that never gets large. I guess you could call it a no-tech aquarium.  Snails, ostracods and a few wierd little worm-like things live in there as well. I have a collection of cacti and succulents on my south-west facing window and various shade-loving plants including Streptocarpus, Chlorophytum, Anubias and Tradescatntia. I have some shocking pink Pelargoniums and Impatiens on the windowsill at work waiting to go into summer tubs in a few weeks time. I try not to let it all get too out of hand.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 02:54:47 PM »
I am somewhat bereft now having come back to London and left my plants behind. Also because for the last month my windowsill has been home to baby plants which have slowly grown up to hopefully become hanging basket and tub plants and have now migrated to the big world outside.

My poor poinsettia is currently on its own in my room while the rest have migrated to the less sunshiny spare room for a bit. The poinsettia isn't in the window, and doesn't seem to care much about anything since it's still bracting and flowering even though it's now the April after its second Christmas season...so I figured it was fine to stay where it was.

My sister has a Calla Lily and she brought some baby bulbs home to plant. They have grown and are huge - but not really interested in flowering, just "leafing" instead. I think they are having a height competition but I don't think that's how Calla Lilies are meant to behave...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 02:12:18 AM »
We added a pot of daffodils to our plant collection the weekend before last, but they are heading outside soon, so not really houseplants.

Seems that ponies enjoy playing among houseplants: http://imgur.com/a/biQW3Ho

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 02:46:22 PM »
I have tons of plants too!

Shaiyeh monstera veriegata is hiiiigh on my want list but they are so expensive!!

I have hoyas (beautiful flowers) - one in my classroom that is over 5ft that I inherited after an old lady died, tons of kalanchoe, christmas cactus, calathea, orchid, monstera, about 15 spider plants (split between my classroom and house), a lemon tree and an orange tree in my conservatory, sansevieria, palms, cactus orchids, euphorbia, pilea, and a night blooming cerea that a friend brought back as a cutting from Mexico. Can you tell I REALLY like plants? XD

I struggle with succulents because we don't get enough light here but I have some hardy ones in my garden.

I would highly recommend sansevieria if you want to get into houseplants. They are pretty impossible to kill!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:54:51 PM by Noasar »

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 07:23:10 AM »
Do Neoplants count? :cool:
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal